Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

ANDRUS: Kenney prepares to fight “all-out war” from his knees

From The Western Standard:

https://www.westernstandardonline.co...rom-his-knees/

“The only time in the Speech from the Throne that Saskatchewan was essentially mentioned was in the phase out of our energy industry workers.”

That was Saskatchewan Premier Scott Moe’s response to the massive shift in direction signaled by Prime Minister Justin Trudeau in the Throne Speech on Wednesday. His words rang true across the West and the fight for the heart of the energy industry has ramped up yet again.

Alberta Premier Jason Kenney described the Throne Speech as a “full-frontal attack” on the constitution.

“There were more policies that invade provincial jurisdiction than I could count,” said Kenney. “Alberta will continue to work with our allies across the country to focus on lives and livelihoods.”

From the reaction of the premiers, it is now clear that national unity hangs in the balance.

The announcement of ambitious legislation guaranteed to be detrimental to the interests of Westerners, pits Moe and Kenney against the full might of a federal government targeting the heart of the energy industry.

The rhetoric both have displayed in recent days highlights the rage bubbling amongst their electorates, already concerned about their futures, but rhetoric is just that.

While both premiers have talked the talk, angry citizens await firm action. In Alberta, Kenney has slow walked his Fair Deal plan to a crawl. Two of his best options – a provincial pension plan and referendum to abolish equalization – have been delayed until next fall at the earliest. Constitutional challenges, while bold in rhetoric, will take years to unwind. Strong letters are just words on a page; empty threats unless backed up with strong action.

More than ever, the need for bold leadership is of vital importance. The constitution is under attack. Western alienation, scoffed at by the Laurentian establishment and Trudeau himself, is on the rise. Further delays will only see that anger redirected at provincial governments and Premiers that are seen to be waffling. Watering down messaging in a time when strong action is needed will further weaken the fabric of national unity.

The next few months will demonstrate clearly that constitutional reform is required to strengthen national unity and provide equal footing for provinces wary of federal intrusion into provincial jurisdiction. The current constitutional order is designed to favour voter-heavy provinces, with no real defence available to smaller provinces.

A constitutional convention may be the only way to keep the country together. Without one, enflamed regional anger will continue to divide the country and the viability of remaining a single nation will continue to deteriorate.

These reforms are long past due. It’s time to recognize gravity of the situation and act. Words will simply fall on deaf ears.

Josh Andrus is a columnist with the Western Standard and the Executive Director of Project Confederation.
    Maverick member

The Gunsmithing Moderator blacksmithden's Avatar
    I live among the creatures of the night (Edmonton)
    The next provincial election is Kenney's to win or lose. So far, his inaction is sailing full steam ahead in the lose direction. He'd better throw some real backbone as far as Rottawa is concerned, or plan on watching the f------ NDP slide...no....slither, right up the middle again.
    GOC moderator
    Dealer/co-founder/co-owner of Tundra Supply Ltd.
    www.tundrasupply.ca
    June 2013 - The High River Gun Grab - NEVER FORGET !!!!
    Feb 26 2014 - Swiss Arms prohibition and ordered confiscation by the RCMP - NEVER FORGET !!!!!
    May 1 2020 - Liberal un-democratic mass prohibition order in council. - NEVER FORGET !!!!!

3. The Following 3 Users Like This Post By blacksmithden

Aniest (09-30-2020), Billythreefeathers (09-30-2020), Hidyn (09-30-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by stevebc View Post
    From The Western Standard:

https://www.westernstandardonline.co...rom-his-knees/

"The constitution is under attack. Western alienation, scoffed at by the Laurentian establishment and Trudeau himself, is on the rise. Further delays will only see that anger redirected at provincial governments and Premiers that are seen to be waffling. Watering down messaging in a time when strong action is needed will further weaken the fabric of national unity."

I fear our oil and resource industry is rapidly in the race towards extinction under the progressive leftists currently running Canada, they want to kill it off for good, replace it with fairytale "green energy" projects and in the process make provinces like Alberta and Saskatchewan permanent welfare and "have not" provinces with little to no say in Canadian politics or the direction of their further depressing future.
    I live among lots of sheeple and dim witted who like to think they are good Canadians for voting Lieberal

Canadian ForcesMember Billythreefeathers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by M1917 Enfield View Post
    I fear our oil and resource industry is rapidly in the race towards extinction under the progressive leftists currently running Canada, they want to kill it off for good, replace it with fairytale "green energy" projects and in the process make provinces like Alberta and Saskatchewan permanent welfare and "have not" provinces with little to no say in Canadian politics or the direction of their further depressing future.
    electric unicorn farts,,, and pixey dust cronies 20,,,

Quote Originally Posted by blacksmithden View Post
    The next provincial election is Kenney's to win or lose. So far, his inaction is sailing full steam ahead in the lose direction. He'd better throw some real backbone as far as Rottawa is concerned, or plan on watching the f------ NDP slide...no....slither, right up the middle again.
    or it will be the start of a REAL Alberta party that gives the double middle finger to Ottawa, the upc and the dippers. I would throw my vote behind anyone but kenney or notley atm personally I think they can both

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/07...g?v=1563400679

Quote Originally Posted by Billythreefeathers View Post
    electric unicorn farts,,, and pixey dust cronies 20,,,

something like this?

7. The Following User Liked This Post By Big-Boss-Man

Billythreefeathers (10-01-2020)

Doubt Kenney could fight his way out of a wet paper bag.

Kenneys' always seemed like a plump little self serving weasel.

Patrick Brown style.

But thats my view from the outside looking in.

A lot of us are entirely miffed with Dougs performance here.

10. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By Macds

M1917 Enfield (10-01-2020), Uncle Leo (10-01-2020)

ANDRUS: Kenney prepares to fight “all-out war” from his knees

Why is he on his knees?
    That's not where Albertans expected him to be when we elected him.
    "If I could time travel I would go back to 1971 and slip Pierre Trudeau a condom!" From: This hour has 22 minutes

What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms."
    - Thomas Jefferson, letter to James Madison, December 20, 1787

12. The Following User Liked This Post By Swingerguy

Uncle Leo (10-01-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Macds View Post
    Kenneys' always seemed like a plump little self serving weasel.

Patrick Brown style.

But thats my view from the outside looking in.

A lot of us are entirely miffed with Dougs performance here.
    I would say that's the same assessment we're giving him here.

The only upside to him is that he isn't actively attacking our industries himself.

...which isn't much good but it's what we've got.
    "You can break the surgical procedure of removing an appendix down into about 30-35 individual steps – each of which is not overly complicated or beyond an enthusiastic amateur."

-Survival and Austere Medicine, 3rd ed.

Canadian ForcesMember Billythreefeathers's Avatar
    I'll cut him some slack,,,

but Im ready to kick his ass out of the chair

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast