Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Too bad Nikon caved in to anti-gunners and is no longer manufacturing scopes. While I hated their busy BDC reticle, their glass was pretty good bang for the buck.
    "Mr. Speaker, we really could replace Justin Trudeau with a cardboard cutout, and his peanut gallery wouldn't know the difference"

2. The Following User Liked This Post By GTW

Hidyn (11-16-2020)

That'd be under $200US and that's not the current MSRP. $259.99US for a 2X-7X-33. $399.99 for a Freedom at Cabela's Canada
    "...Bushnell has always..." They used to. Their QC has gone down a great deal since Vista Outdoors got hold of 'em in 2015. Have a 2.5 to 8 Scopechief on my .243 and my '03A4. Late 70's, early 80's for those.

You can sometimes find the bushnell 3500 3-9x40 600DOA on for 199.00...great optic for that price...

I'm really happy with my Scorpion, as are a lot of other guys in my area. Good value, and a Canadian company. Copper grade and up; I have a Redhot 17

Quote Originally Posted by MarkR View Post
    I'm really happy with my Scorpion, as are a lot of other guys in my area. Good value, and a Canadian company. Copper grade and up; I have a Redhot 17
    Where are scorpion optics made? I see the office is in canada but no mention of made in Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by hawk-i View Post
    Where are scorpion optics made? I see the office is in canada but no mention of made in Canada.
    Sourced from Asia, like most of the other inexpensive glass. Their really cheap stuff was coming from China for sure.
    I have a 1-4x on my 45/70 from one of their middle of the road lines, I’ll have to check the manufacturing stamp. I was a little hesitant buying it because I knew a couple guys who’d had failures with their cheap scopes. They were promptly replaced...but...I’d rather not go the exchange your scope every couple of years route. Anyway, it’s got reasonable glass in it, the illuminated reticle works really well and it holds zero launching 350 grain projectiles downrange, so no complaints.
    I used to drive by their head office everyday on Marion Street. They’re always advertising sales out front.
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

IIRC most high grade glass comes from Germany and Japan. Japan at one time and maybe still makes glass at what ever grade you want, all about price.

I'm trying my hardest to bypass buying made in China products...if it costs me a bit more, I'm ok with that.

10. The Following User Liked This Post By hawk-i

Northshore (11-07-2020)

I'm ordering a Vortex Crossfire 2, 6-18x44, Vbrite reticle
    I fully expect it to be near useless at 18x, but if 10-14x is still clear that's all I need
    The little illuminated dot reticle because it's being used at 20yrds on an all black target

Going on my 10/22 build for indoor rimfire shoots during the winter.
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

"It must be poor life that achieves freedom from fear" - Aldo Leopold

Nikon definitely had top glass, even their rimfire model made my vortex viper look bad.

Maybe they'll release them again in the future. Or what's the other fancy company? Maybe we can get Canon to make some riflescopes!
    "You can break the surgical procedure of removing an appendix down into about 30-35 individual steps each of which is not overly complicated or beyond an enthusiastic amateur."

-Survival and Austere Medicine, 3rd ed.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast