Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by IJ22 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Drache View Post
    And keep it hidden from your spouse?
    Especially from your souse.
    Was that a Freudian slip?
    Know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til you understand who's in ruttin command here.

2. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By Edward Teach

IJ22 (10-16-2020), Lee Enfield (10-17-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunrunner View Post
    She could still dime you out ... remember as a gun owner you’re only ONE phone call away from losing your guns. Goes with the territory.
    After all the growing school of thought is that only an unbalanced, antisocial person with inner hostilities would want to own a gun anyway.
    Frankly there are others whom I worry a heck of a lot more about ruining my life...............and rejoicing in it. I know who my enemies are, and the longer you live and the more stuff you do, then the more likelihood of creating enemies along the way. For example, my C68 fights in the face of Libs along with comments made to some local Libs and then my federal candidacy pizzed off more than a couple. My professional career actually was smooth sailing with clients. In fact, I seemed to be the one they told their secrets to - professional issues along with personal stuff that could put them in a heap of trouble. Of course, it helped that most of those clients were of my parent's generation (born 1930/32) or older, were rural/farm raised during sensible times, and owned guns. Now working for the feds.................well, that's a totally different story regarding backstabbers and I can tell you not to mention gun ownership! Glad to be retired and just doing a bit of farming now.

This old guy has been friends with that lady for around 40yrs now. Even though she irritates by times, she is trustworthy.

As for the comment about "only an unbalanced, antisocial person with inner hostilities would want to own a gun anyway", I could not agree more. We are seen as criminals and social outcasts from the get go.
    Last edited by cdill; 10-16-2020 at 11:42 AM.
    Guns are like potato chips....you can never have just one.

Never trust a politician who says, "trust me".

I will never get used to Big Brother looking over my shoulder!

I have seen the future.................and it SUCKS!!!!
    (born in the wrong time & place)

Theme songs:
    "I Wanna Go Back" by Eddie Money http://www.lyricsdownload.com/eddie-...ck-lyrics.html
    "Dream On" by Aerosmith http://www.lyricsfreak.com/a/aerosmi..._20004389.html

Quote Originally Posted by gunnutt View Post
    They were ok, one of the rifles..."lost it's way" and was never recovered.
    Interesting. Did they charge themselves with unsafe storage because otherwise how could one go missing/unaccounted for? Sounds to me like they need an internal audit of their property handling/storage procedures. That coming from a fed auditor. LOL

Btw, how did the missing one rate in terms of value compared to others?
    Guns are like potato chips....you can never have just one.

Never trust a politician who says, "trust me".

I will never get used to Big Brother looking over my shoulder!

I have seen the future.................and it SUCKS!!!!
    (born in the wrong time & place)

Theme songs:
    "I Wanna Go Back" by Eddie Money http://www.lyricsdownload.com/eddie-...ck-lyrics.html
    "Dream On" by Aerosmith http://www.lyricsfreak.com/a/aerosmi..._20004389.html

Quote Originally Posted by cdill View Post
    Did they charge themselves with unsafe storage...
    Five rounds for humor.
    Remember May 1, 2020 when they say: "we don't want your guns."
    The Turd Reich, where the law abiding get moistly shafted!

6. The Following User Liked This Post By Magi

Aniest (10-18-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by cdill View Post
    Interesting. Did they charge themselves with unsafe storage because otherwise how could one go missing/unaccounted for? Sounds to me like they need an internal audit of their property handling/storage procedures. That coming from a fed auditor. LOL

Btw, how did the missing one rate in terms of value compared to others?
    We never got to the bottom of the story...Was too tired of the BS of trying to get them back. 7 long guns were taken plus 3 pistols, lots of ammo, and some rifle parts. The gun in question was a nice 12 G pump "Defender" Winchester 1300 worth about 500 at the time. Was on the list with the rest of them. The Judge gave orders to the RCMP to return them. They said that the rifles were on their way to the smelter (to be destroyed) and could not be recovered. It took some mad phoning around. Nobody knew anything. Nobody gave anything back or return calls. They were ducking because the order had an expiry date. Classic game of "pass the buck" worth olympian gold medal. Wife went for a second time in front of a Judge, he was pissed. Suddenly, the rifles poped up magically but when everything was returned the pump was MIA same as the ammo and the parts. We were tired of this, it would have required yet another court order and this costs money and time. So far we were in the "hole" 2500 so we...gave up. The pump is probably owned by an RCMP officer atm. shrugs
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch Benjamin Franklin

That Defender shotgun is in some mounties gun safe right now.
    NFA member
    NRA Life Member
    OFAH member

Quote Originally Posted by gunnutt View Post
    We never got to the bottom of the story...Was too tired of the BS of trying to get them back. 7 long guns were taken plus 3 pistols, lots of ammo, and some rifle parts. The gun in question was a nice 12 G pump "Defender" Winchester 1300 worth about 500 at the time. Was on the list with the rest of them. The Judge gave orders to the RCMP to return them. They said that the rifles were on their way to the smelter (to be destroyed) and could not be recovered. It took some mad phoning around. Nobody knew anything. Nobody gave anything back or return calls. They were ducking because the order had an expiry date. Classic game of "pass the buck" worth olympian gold medal. Wife went for a second time in front of a Judge, he was pissed. Suddenly, the rifles poped up magically but when everything was returned the pump was MIA same as the ammo and the parts. We were tired of this, it would have required yet another court order and this costs money and time. So far we were in the "hole" 2500 so we...gave up. The pump is probably owned by an RCMP officer atm. shrugs

Yep , that shotgun is probably in some cop's cottage or camp right now hanging on the wall . Some cops treat the evidence room as their own personal shopping center where every thing is for free ; much like this RCMP Officer from PEI .

[https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/princ...llis-1.4132705

PEI
    Former RCMP officer sentenced to 3 years in prison for weapons-related charges

Judge says public's trust was violated
    Natalia Goodwin · CBC News · Posted: May 26, 2017 12:26 PM AT | Last Updated: May 26, 2017

Jeffrey Rae Gillis was sentenced to three years in prison for weapons charges. (Brian Higgins/CBC)
    Former RCMP officer Jeffery Rae Gillis was sentenced to three years in prison Friday morning in Charlottetown court.

Gillis was found guilty of five weapons-related charges in March.

Former RCMP officer guilty of weapons-related charges
    On February 16, 2016 Charlottetown police executed a search warrant at Gillis' home, where more than 70 firearms were found.

Among them were shotguns, a revolver and a semi-automatic pistol, along with ammunition.

After the seizure Gillis was charged with 12 counts, including unsafe storage and breach of public trust for falsely reporting the destruction of firearms to government agencies several times between 2009 and 2016. Seven of those charges were previously stayed.

He retired from the RCMP in the same month.

Some of the dozens of firearms seized from Jeffery Gillis' home in February 2016. (Brian Higgins/CBC)
    Public trust violated
    In his decision Provincial Court Judge Jeffrey Lantz said that violation of the public's trust was one of the main factors in his decision, saying the public needs to be able to trust in their law enforcement officers, and that Gillis seriously breached that trust.

Lantz also stated that since Gillis was an officer he should have known the consequences of his actions, and that he should have known there was a risk the guns could be used in his home or stolen.

The judge took into account Gillis' record, with a former assault conviction, and the fact that he is now retired and his future is unknown. Lantz did say he also has to take into account the likelihood of rehabilitation, and he did point to the fact that Gillis has already been seeking treatment for his diagnosis of PTSD.

Jeffrey Rae Gillis, former RCMP officer, sentenced to 30 days for assault
    The defence had asked for a conditional sentence, but Lantz said jail time was the only appropriate sentence in this case because of his position as a law officer

Gillis was silent after the sentence and waved goodbye to people in the gallery who were there to support him. His lawyers at The Burke Law Group said they could not confirm if there will be an appeal, citing confidentiality.
    " Fate whispers to the warrior, ‘You cannot withstand the storm.’ The warrior whispers back, ‘I am the storm. " .... " And I looked , and behold a pale horse ; and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him."...." Where we go one , we go all "....

... and these are the guys that’ll be taking our guns in less than 2 years

I hope Gillis is the rare exception to the rule who got caught by a basically honest system but I think that’s wishful thinking on my part. He probably got on the sh!t list with his equally corrupt Mountie peers and got shoved under the bus.
    Last edited by Gunrunner; 10-17-2020 at 05:30 PM.
    NFA member
    NRA Life Member
    OFAH member

... and these are the guys that’ll be taking our guns in less than 2 years

I hope Gillis is the rare exception to the rule who got caught by a basically honest system but I think that’s wishful thinking on my part. He probably got on the sh!t list with his equally corrupt Mountie peers and got shoved under the bus.
    Nah, gunexpert007 is right...they do treat evidence or whatever is in the house as up for grabs. This fool just got busted for being too greedy that is all. How are you going to prove that they took it if it's not even on the list of seized items? It's easy to take and keep since we got no property rights in Kantada. Shame...
    Last edited by gunnutt; 10-18-2020 at 02:57 AM.
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch Benjamin Franklin

12. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By gunnutt

Aniest (10-18-2020), Gunrunner (10-19-2020)

That Defender shotgun is in some mounties gun safe right now.
    too bad that it's not a registered gun, otherwise I could find the current owner by tracing the serial number. Another case of failed gun registry...hahaha

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast