Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Just switch all your handguns over to .357 and replace that PCC with a .357 lever. Easy peasy.

Epps has the 77/357 in synthetic if you want to take a gander.
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

2. The Following User Liked This Post By kennymo

MarkR (10-20-2020)

Sorry, how old/big is your boy? I know you've mentioned him before but I can't recollect any details.
    Just from personal experience as a lad, 22 magnum is pret-ty cool.

These days 9mm can be cheaper, so there's that.
    And I get the limiting calibers concept, it's why I never got on the Mosin or SKS bandwagons.

Reminiscing about that Ithaca 49 makes me want to get another Henry or something...

4. The Following User Liked This Post By LB303

Petamocto (10-17-2020)

He's 10 now. I know people can say their 10yo has fired a 308, blah blah, but I don't mind.

I put him on too big of a dirt bike too early and it caused a big setback, so I really don't want to push him too fast with guns.

He can fire 22 all day (and has), and he would be fine with a heavier 9mm rifle, it's just that the KelTec is so light.

He would be just fine with a 9mm carbine that's a bit heavier, and that may end up being the backup option (trading in KelTec for Ruger, etc), but he really likes the mechanicals of working a bolt.

If I had a really heavy target barrel 223/5.56, he'd probably be okay with it, but my CZ527 is pretty light.

I know a 22mag or 17hmr would be acceptable, but as per above, I don't want more calibers.
    I have no signature block.

6. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By Petamocto

ESnel (10-17-2020), labradort (10-17-2020)

No demand. There are probably engineering issues with that short of a cartridge too.
    MSRP on a Ruger M77 is $999.00US. The Rhineland kit($145USD) makes a $500 rifle into a $100 rifle.

I'm not sure I buy the engineering argument. If they can make a reliable 22LR bolt action, they can make a reliable 9mm.

I do believe the demand part in terms of the market not being flooded with them, but I'm really surprised that literally no major company has made one.

It's probably because it's just so easy and common to make them semi-auto, and that's clearly the route that most have chosen.

I've had multiple non-AR-based 9mm rifles, but I may have to just get one of those.

It's too bad the Sig version is $2000+, though. Hell, my Sig Tread actual AR was only half that.
    I have no signature block.

Armscor (Rock Island Armory) make a pistol cartridge sized bolt action receiver for their TCM22 cartridge, engineering is not the problem, perceived demand is more likely

10. The Following User Liked This Post By Stew

stewbud (10-17-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Stew View Post
    Wolverine has a nice kit from Rhineland arms
    Attachment 27821
    Thatís tempting

Quote Originally Posted by Petamocto View Post
    He's 10 now. I know people can say their 10yo has fired a 308, blah blah, but I don't mind.

I put him on too big of a dirt bike too early and it caused a big setback, so I really don't want to push him too fast with guns.

He can fire 22 all day (and has), and he would be fine with a heavier 9mm rifle, it's just that the KelTec is so light.

He would be just fine with a 9mm carbine that's a bit heavier, and that may end up being the backup option (trading in KelTec for Ruger, etc), but he really likes the mechanicals of working a bolt.

If I had a really heavy target barrel 223/5.56, he'd probably be okay with it, but my CZ527 is pretty light.

I know a 22mag or 17hmr would be acceptable, but as per above, I don't want more calibers.
    My friend has a Kriss Vector 9 mm. I think it uses Glock Mags. To me, it seemed brutishly, boat-anchor heavy.

13. The Following User Liked This Post By MarkR

Petamocto (10-18-2020)

You need the most unreliable 9mm pcc and shoot the most unreliable commie ammo, maybe with all the failures he will have to cycle the action with every shot. Best of both worlds!

J/k
    "If I could time travel I would go back to 1971 and slip Pierre Trudeau a condom!" From: This hour has 22 minutes

What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms."
    - Thomas Jefferson, letter to James Madison, December 20, 1787

Special Interest Arms built one and it cost about a grand Canadian. IIRC it took Glock mags. Don't know if they are still in business but they are out there and don't think they were ever imported into Canada. They were converted from a different gun.

I remember they also built a suppressed one that was very quiet.

I bet you could find one in the US and pay to have it imported however too pricey as there are lots of semis that fill the bill and bet the bolt gun was a flop for good reason.
    Last edited by Lee Enfield; 10-18-2020 at 02:24 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast