Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I was using Google play before, and I quite enjoyed it.
    The free version had a tolerable amount of advertising, and it was still usable. They would play a song from a band I never heard of, and I could play music based related to that band, where I'd hear something else new, and keep going down the musical rabbit hole.
    For months I've been warned it was going away, and to transfer to YouTube. I did transfer my preferences there, but their song picks keep coming up with weird stuff.
    And, unless you pay, you can't play the music with your screen off of the app, essentially making the free version completely useless.
    Certainly not impressed enough with it to pay for it.
    Why does the rest of the country get first dibbs on half my income?

2. The Following User Liked This Post By Dewey Cox

Rory McCanuck (10-25-2020)

I use premium amazon music(amazon prime membership + $10/mon), it's good enough for using in the car via bluetooth. Had some good recommendations so far.
    Works offline if I download the songs through the app.

Spotify is probably better but I already had amazon prime.
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

"It must be poor life that achieves freedom from fear" - Aldo Leopold

4. The Following User Liked This Post By lone-wolf

infidel29 (12-15-2020)

Paying for music is like lining up to get into a bar.
    "It is an absolute truism that law-abiding, armed citizens pose no threat to other law-abiding citizens."

Ammo, camo and things that go "blammo".

6. The Following 4 Users Like This Post By Camo tung

Edward Teach (10-27-2020), FlyingHigh (10-25-2020), Gunexpert007 (10-25-2020), stevebc (10-25-2020)

I go to Youtube mostly to find new music. However, the advertising is really becoming out of hand, there is way to much of it. Because of so much advertising I don't go there very often anymore.

I am a child of the sixties/seventies and I grew up with records, 8-track tapes and cassette tapes. When Compact Disc's entered the market in the early eighties I knew that this was the format for me, you know how many times during the 1970's I had to buy new record copies of Led Zeppelin II because of scratches, I still have the first cd of Led Zeppelin II i bought in the mid 1980's and it still plays fine.

Anyways my point being is I love cd's, every time I go into the city I search the second hand cd shops and add to my collection. They sound great, at second hand shops they are very affordable and you have something tangible to hold in your hand.

8. The Following User Liked This Post By Northshore

Gunexpert007 (10-25-2020)

I still buy cds when my favorite bands put out a new one.
    And at garage sales.
    There is probably way too much physical space being taken up in my life by cds, lps, and dvds.
    I was going to sell most of my vinyl this spring to feed my trap addiction, but corona made that a pain in the ass. (And its probably not worth enough to be worth any extra effort.)
    Why does the rest of the country get first dibbs on half my income?

10. The Following User Liked This Post By Dewey Cox

Northshore (10-25-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Dewey Cox View Post
    I still buy cds when my favorite bands put out a new one.
    And at garage sales.
    There is probably way too much physical space being taken up in my life by cds, lps, and dvds.
    I was going to sell most of my vinyl this spring to feed my trap addiction, but corona made that a pain in the ass. (And its probably not worth enough to be worth any extra effort.)
    I know all about the space problem. In fact earlier this summer I hired a local cabinet maker to build me a set of shelves for my music room that should hold hopefully 1500 to 2000 music cd's. I better give him a call, I told him there was no rush but it's been about 4 months now.

Quote Originally Posted by Camo tung View Post
    Paying for music is like lining up to get into a bar.
    Every musician I know is a communist, and many of them suck off government grants or funding to survive, and don't really produce anything, and of course, spread communism whenever possible...
    Successfully escaped this crazy quack s***hole country ALIVE - 12/26/2017!!!

Give your family tree a good shake and see if you have any dual citizenship that you can use to GTFO of this crazy quack s***hole country!

Quote Originally Posted by Dewey Cox View Post
    I was using Google play before, and I quite enjoyed it.
    The free version had a tolerable amount of advertising, and it was still usable. They would play a song from a band I never heard of, and I could play music based related to that band, where I'd hear something else new, and keep going down the musical rabbit hole.
    For months I've been warned it was going away, and to transfer to YouTube. I did transfer my preferences there, but their song picks keep coming up with weird stuff.
    And, unless you pay, you can't play the music with your screen off of the app, essentially making the free version completely useless.
    Certainly not impressed enough with it to pay for it.
    Can you do a dual screen setup?

^^^ I think hes talking mobile device.

I use Slacker radio on my phone while on the road, and in the shop. Free.
    Think its called live by live now

Quote Originally Posted by Macds View Post
    ^^^ I think hes talking mobile device.

I use Slacker radio on my phone while on the road, and in the shop. Free.
    Think its called live by live now
    Yeah, but you can sync screens with a lot of phones now too. Depending on setup, might be worth Finding an old phone or crappy tablet to Bluetooth to it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast