Anybody else get suckered into one of these?

i can't help myself sometimes- this seemed like too good a deal to pass up-
    https://greybirchsolutions.com/ldr-almost-ready-rifle/
    ""Truth is treason in an empire of lies."." - George Orwell
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the younger
    FTrudeau

I was looking at their receivers but I figured I'd eventually go for a dlask since the aluminum is 7075

For $600, that's a good deal though, stock is at least $200, receiver is $200, $350 for the barrel, so you're saving $150 - smart move tbh
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

"It must be poor life that achieves freedom from fear" - Aldo Leopold

This is the first time I've heard about this site! I might have to try out one of their stocks!

Thanks for the heads up, and let us know how it shoots!
    "You can break the surgical procedure of removing an appendix down into about 30-35 individual steps each of which is not overly complicated or beyond an enthusiastic amateur."

-Survival and Austere Medicine, 3rd ed.

Quote Originally Posted by lone-wolf View Post
    I was looking at their receivers but I figured I'd eventually go for a dlask since the aluminum is 7075

For $600, that's a good deal though, stock is at least $200, receiver is $200, $350 for the barrel, so you're saving $150 - smart move tbh
    Not to mention free shipping and a discount code.- I should buy 3 and tell the wife that the third was free.

The total cost was $580-The X-22 stock is usually around $200-$230 +tax so ~$230 to $260 or so just for that.

I have hummed and and hawed about getting a Dlask receiver for a couple of years, - I think they would be a great unit. Now, I am not sure that in this application that the 6061 is that much of an issue.The Ruger 10/22 competition receiver is made from 6061. According to Chuck hawks site, the original 10/22 receiver is made from A-380- (probably because it is cast). The barrel being a lightweight jobmakes the the 6061 even less of an issue I think- but we shall see.

I will have to buy a bolt and barrel clamp I guess, despite justifying the purchase to myself, by saying I would use the bolt from a rifle I already have

If I had lots of money I would probably opt for a Valquartsen (SP?) Stainless receiver.
    Last edited by 3MTA3; 10-31-2020 at 07:30 AM.
    ""Truth is treason in an empire of lies."." - George Orwell
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the younger
    FTrudeau

Quote Originally Posted by 3MTA3;823889[B
    ]Not to mention free shipping and a discount code.- I should buy 3 and tell the wife that the third was free.[/B]

I have hummed and and hawed about getting a Dlask receiver for a couple of years, - I think they would be a great unit. Now, I am not sure that in this application that the 6061 is that much of an issue.The Ruger 10/22 competition receiver is made from 6061. According to Chuck hawks site, the original 10/22 receiver is made from A-380- (probably because it is cast). The barrel being a lightweight jobmakes the the 6061 even less of an issue I think- but we shall see.

I will have to buy a bolt and barrel clamp I guess, despite justifying the purchase to myself, by saying I would use the bolt from a rifle I already have

If I had lots of money I would probably opt for a Valquartsen (SP?) Stainless receiver.

At that price you can't afford to not buy them! It's simple math.
    "If I could time travel I would go back to 1971 and slip Pierre Trudeau a condom!" From: This hour has 22 minutes

What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms."
    - Thomas Jefferson, letter to James Madison, December 20, 1787

6. The Following User Liked This Post By Swingerguy

Hidyn (10-30-2020)

I have one coming next week

Welcome to GOC, Site for honest, hardworking Canadians, that own firearms.

8. The Following User Liked This Post By jwirecom109

Hidyn (10-30-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by 3MTA3 View Post
    The barrel being a lightweight jobmakes the the 6061 even less of an issue I think- but we shall see.
    Good point, I have one of the 12" or so dlask barrels and probably wouldn't make a difference either
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

"It must be poor life that achieves freedom from fear" - Aldo Leopold

GreyBirch announced an upcoming sale for their 'Foundation' chassis on the other site. Incentive for first 100 sold. should be announced on social media they said.
    Keep eyes open if interested. Might be neat to throw a 10/22 heavy barrel in that
    Previously- Rivetc78 from CGN

11. The Following User Liked This Post By Sabio

Hidyn (11-10-2020)

CZ, better rifle, less money IMO.

Too rich for my blood.
    Yes, you can fix stupid, but the stupid folks have passed laws against it. - FallisCowboy