Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Repeal! Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Two For Sure View Post
    The lesson people can't seem to grasp is the danger of overreaching in your demands. If the result is losing access to the people who can actually make change then you end up being nothing more than cranky kooks on the outside who will achieve nothing.
    bin there ... dun that
    NFA member
    NRA Life Member
    OFAH member

Quote Originally Posted by stevebc View Post
    Fine. Then go sit in the corner and repeat your lesson over and over and try to look yourself in the mirror.

The rest of us will continue to work for change. Without you.

No loss, really.
    He'll have no problem with his image in the mirror ... like I said before ... HE HAS NO CONCEPT OF FREEDOM OR FREE CHOICE

Of slightly over 2 million Canadian gun owners about 1.999 million are clones of this type.

That's what makes Bill Blairs job so easy.
    NFA member
    NRA Life Member
    OFAH member

Today is Remembrance Day

My father returned from Europe with two bullet wounds, shoulder and jaw.

If I learned nothing else, it is that soldiers fight to provide us with an opportunity to be free.

We honour their sacrifices, if we accept that opportunity and fight daily for that freedom.
    Gun Control is about making it unlawful for you to use, carry, or possess a firearm.

All restrictions/prohibitions on the use, carriage, or possession of firearms must be repealed.

Middle ground?

What middle ground?

Quote Originally Posted by CLW .45 View Post
    My father returned from Europe with two bullet wounds, shoulder and jaw.

If I learned nothing else, it is that soldiers fight to provide us with an opportunity to be free.

We honour their sacrifices, if we accept that opportunity and fight daily for that freedom.
    Many if not most Canadian gun owners owe brave guys like your dad an apology for dropping the ball and letting commie garbage like the Trudeaus take our rights and property away.
    NFA member
    NRA Life Member
    OFAH member

5. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By Gunrunner

CLW .45 (11-11-2020), Scoutertracker (11-11-2020)

Where we are and where we could be.

A reminder, from a gentleman whose name I cannot recall. My bad.

We will never find the right person, or government, to fix this mess.

We must create an environment in which the wrong person, or government, finds it necessary to do so.

When a significant portion of the population demands repeal of the offending law and regulation, that will happen.

That significant portion is only likely to come from three segments of the populace.

1. Licenced owners.

2. Unlicenced owners.

3. Non owners whose only interest in firearms is for their utility as life saving tools.

Each will step up only if they see something in it for themselves and their loved ones, and develop a reasonable expectation of gaining it.
    Gun Control is about making it unlawful for you to use, carry, or possess a firearm.

All restrictions/prohibitions on the use, carriage, or possession of firearms must be repealed.

Middle ground?

What middle ground?

The problem is that none of the parties is willing to stand up for us, significant portion or not.
    Maverick member

Quote Originally Posted by stevebc View Post
    The problem is that none of the parties is willing to stand up for us, significant portion or not.
    True.

Most will not stand up for others, but many will stand up for themselves.
    Last edited by CLW .45; 11-17-2020 at 12:49 PM.

Middle ground?

What middle ground?

Quote Originally Posted by Two For Sure View Post
    The lesson people can't seem to grasp is the danger of overreaching in your demands. If the result is losing access to the people who can actually make change then you end up being nothing more than cranky kooks on the outside who will achieve nothing.
    I hate to agree with 2 for sure but he has a point. When you overreach, you are grasping at air, and that's what you will end up with...Gun owners need a new angle on guns, something that will make the majority to look at them with a new understanding.
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by gunnutt View Post
    I hate to agree with 2 for sure but he has a point. When you overreach, you are grasping at air, and that's what you will end up with...Gun owners need a new angle on guns, something that will make the majority to look at them with a new understanding.
    That cowardly approach got us where we are today.

And you and he want more of it?

Sit down.
    Maverick member

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123