Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dash Cams ??

Quote Originally Posted by Hidyn View Post
    I have one in the mail. I'm just going to try the cheap amazon one for starters to get a feel for if I want to invest in a higher quality one. Good to know some of the issues mentioned in this thread.

I'll try to remember to come back with a review of some kind.
    Thanks - that would be appreciated !!
    Nothing will F--k you up as much as the realization that there's no real reason the alphabet needs to be in order !!

There is no such thing as left over bacon !!

I use a Viofo A119. It was instrumental in having the driver of this garbage truck suspended pending completion of remedial safe driver training.

My insurance company has told me they love dash cam footage as it usually clearly solves he-said/she-said problems. As for anyone actually benefitting from it, a friend of mine in BC did. He got t-boned bad enough to total both vehicles. The other driver and 1 witness (who turned out to be the other driver's friend who was following) both said my friend ran a red light. Responding officer refused to review the dash cam footage because "there's a witness". My friend was cited with something like $1500 in tickets and the police report put full blame on him. He showed ICBC the footage which clearly showed that he'd had the green light and the OTHER driver as the one who ran a red. ICBC reversed the blame, and my friend went to court for the tickets. The "witness" fessed up immediately after seeing the footage. The judge threw out the tickets, charged the other driver, reprimanded the officer in the courtroom and charged the false witness with filing a false report or something like that.
    I'd rather make a difference than a dollar.

3. The Following 5 Users Like This Post By FlyingHigh

barkerlakebob (11-19-2020), Billythreefeathers (11-28-2020), Camo tung (11-20-2020), CLW .45 (11-20-2020), Hidyn (11-27-2020)

The Gunsmithing Moderator blacksmithden's Avatar
    I live among the creatures of the night (Edmonton)
    Ive got a Garmin. Its not reliable though, so it rides in the center console. It wouldnt always turn on and record when the vehicle power was turned on. I was happier with my old Chinese piece of junk of Ali Express. I bought my first one the day after some dink decided to change lanes on polished ice and heavy traffic. He was towing a 30 ft trailer. All of a sudden my stopping distance went from no problem to you're screwed. I drove into the snowbank to miss the dickhead. If Id have rear ended him, Im sure I would have sucked up a careless charge over it. I was driving my company service truck at the time too, so Im sure I would have been written up as well. A dash cam would have showed what really happened
    GOC moderator
    Dealer/co-founder/co-owner of Tundra Supply Ltd.
    www.tundrasupply.ca
    June 2013 - The High River Gun Grab - NEVER FORGET !!!!
    Feb 26 2014 - Swiss Arms prohibition and ordered confiscation by the RCMP - NEVER FORGET !!!!!
    May 1 2020 - Liberal un-democratic mass prohibition order in council. - NEVER FORGET !!!!!

5. The Following User Liked This Post By blacksmithden

barkerlakebob (11-19-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingHigh View Post
    I use a Viofo A119. It was instrumental in having the driver of this garbage truck suspended pending completion of remedial safe driver training.

My insurance company has told me they love dash cam footage as it usually clearly solves he-said/she-said problems. As for anyone actually benefitting from it, a friend of mine in BC did. He got t-boned bad enough to total both vehicles. The other driver and 1 witness (who turned out to be the other driver's friend who was following) both said my friend ran a red light. Responding officer refused to review the dash cam footage because "there's a witness". My friend was cited with something like $1500 in tickets and the police report put full blame on him. He showed ICBC the footage which clearly showed that he'd had the green light and the OTHER driver as the one who ran a red. ICBC reversed the blame, and my friend went to court for the tickets. The "witness" fessed up immediately after seeing the footage. The judge threw out the tickets, charged the other driver, reprimanded the officer in the courtroom and charged the false witness with filing a false report or something like that.
    Bingo !!
    Nothing will F--k you up as much as the realization that there's no real reason the alphabet needs to be in order !!

There is no such thing as left over bacon !!

Canadian ForcesMember Billythreefeathers's Avatar
    one in every veh,,, they all paid for themselves

8. The Following User Liked This Post By Billythreefeathers

barkerlakebob (11-28-2020)

Son has one. Useful and also records when anyone is searching around his car day or night.

10. The Following User Liked This Post By Lee Enfield

barkerlakebob (11-28-2020)

https://ipcamtalk.com/forums/dash-cams.17/

If you’re researching them, including dirt cheap prices With/vs quality...

Some want discreet, others want big and obvious...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12