Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112
    Quote Originally Posted by Strangeday View Post
    I’m thinking HK P2000
    That would be a strange choice.

I think that at this point in history, any govt sized purchase should be Glock but thats just me.

Quote Originally Posted by ilikemoose View Post
    That would be a strange choice.

I think that at this point in history, any govt sized purchase should be Glock but thats just me.
    The RCMP very nearly went with it.
    Calvin Martin, Q.C. 1933 - 2014

I would like to apologize to anyone i have not offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Enfield View Post
    I know the PAM is far more than an operators manual, no need for everyone to have a small dictionary and again no handgun is that difficult to figure out how to fia. My coffee friend the retired head armourer for the mounties laughs about how complicated people make simple issues. He told me he visited every manufacturer they bought from and talked to the techs that do design and those that do repairs. NONE were using overly complicated manuals! Fixing usually is very simple and no one other than a tech should be doing some more complicated work and virtually nothing is that complicated.

It was mentioned the manual shows how to load the gun, give me a break, if it takes more than one sentence and one picture that person probably missed the short bus most days.

I along with others I know are tired of govt's wasting our money.

I get it some are unable to change, complicating any process makes them feel like they are actually accomplishing something doesn't mean we should accept that.
    We get the Government that we Deserve...
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Enfield View Post
    You seems to not r4alize the original PAM is a waste of time and money. Our military is unable to save money obviously when doing anything and 50 MILLION for that quantity of handguns takes stupidity to new levels.

As before if our CF hire people that can not understand simple instructions on the operation of a handgun then it is beyond obvious a house cleaning is needed STARTING AT THE TOP. Just because we did it "that way" before is no reason to keep doing something that makes no sense again and again. Or possibly that is the army way, they did look like a bunch of idiots in WWI before Currie took over and changed tactics at Vimy! Canadian officers under the command of the Brits sent countless to their guaranteed death using the same over the top charges time after time after time and no one thought that was was stupid?

As the cop I know said, WTH do they want advanced sights on the gun as most couldn't hit anything even if they had them. I agree, just how many thousand of rounds does a "grunt" fire each year?

The Glock with its regular manual would be the perfect replacement. IF NOT for God's sake don't let those who can't qualify near a knife while they attempt to peel spuds, the blood letting would be classic.
    How many times are you going to double down on your misconceptions of what a PAM is? Everyone who’s read this thread who’s served in the combat arms is laughing at you for your insistence on displaying your ignorance of the topic over and over and over again. We all have topical areas of which we know little to nothing. You never see me commenting in the re-loading threads for example. Though I do read and learn from them.

The topic of Pam is a controversial one.

I know people who voted against Pam Damoff, but voted for Pamela Anderson.

6. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By RangeBob

CLW .45 (01-16-2021), M1917 Enfield (01-16-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Doug_M View Post
    You never see me commenting in the re-loading threads for example.
    Reloading requires no skill.
    You go over to a friend's house who does reloading, and when he tells you, you pull the [slot machine] arm down. Then he does the same, unconvinced that you did it right the first time.
    You listen to him tell you that he has to label where he places each cartridge, because one has few grains, the next cartridge has a little more, then next has a lot more, and the last he calls 'hot'. Then you go with him to the range, and he puts the one he called 'hot' into his gun, pulls the trigger and it goes the usual 'bam', followed by looking downrange and a satisfied utterance "yep, on target" and makes some notes in his little book, and then some struggling hand-on-metal noises, followed by grunting, followed by hitting portions of the gun with a hammer eliciting much concern from nearby shooters, and finally exclamations of "!@#*(@%!% the bolt is stuck" eliciting sagely been-there-done-that nods from some of the older viewers.

Anyone can reload.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug_M View Post
    How many times are you going to double down on your misconceptions of what a PAM is? Everyone who’s read this thread who’s served in the combat arms is laughing at you for your insistence on displaying your ignorance of the topic over and over and over again. We all have topical areas of which we know little to nothing. You never see me commenting in the re-loading threads for example. Though I do read and learn from them.
    Back to you.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112