Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Greglc View Post
    Guy at my range bought two restricted pistols from a friend, friend hadn't had a liscence for a long time, they asked if he still had his pal, or fac, whatever it was called back then, he did, so they looked him up, no problem, friend bought transferred and took the two restricted when transfer came. That was about 3 years ago, him and my friend, and everyone at the range thought for sure the police would show up anytime after that to collect his other restricted and several prohibited, all of which were in his name. Never came.
    Although I wouldn't mind having my things slip through the crack, maybe the government would have better luck making streets safe by going after these forgotten ( not really since they looked him up ) guns.
    Why on earth should they?

2. The Following 3 Users Like This Post By stevebc

CLW .45 (01-09-2021), Mobusten (01-09-2021), Swampdonkey (01-13-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by stevebc View Post
    Agreed. Destroying grandpas forgotten pistols and rifles won't make the streets even one little bit safer.

4. The Following 6 Users Like This Post By Mobusten

CLW .45 (01-09-2021), Dewey Cox (01-09-2021), Gunexpert007 (01-09-2021), Gunrunner (01-09-2021), Rory McCanuck (01-09-2021), Swingerguy (01-09-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Mobusten View Post
    Agreed. Destroying grandpas forgotten pistols and rifles won't make the streets even one little bit safer.
    You're preachin' to the wrong crowd. I thing everyone here would agree with you. It's the feds we gotta get the message to. They control us!

At the risk of sounding like clw .45, by registering a gun that fell through the cracks, you are condemning it to eventual destruction.
    Why does the rest of the country get first dibbs on half my income?

7. The Following 5 Users Like This Post By Dewey Cox

Camo tung (01-12-2021), CLW .45 (01-10-2021), Edward Teach (01-11-2021), Swampdonkey (01-13-2021), Swingerguy (01-09-2021)

I wish someone would just hack the data base lol

9. The Following User Liked This Post By Stephen

stevebc (01-12-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunexpert007 View Post
    Lots of folks have firearms , but have never bothered getting a PAL or R-Pal . The police just can't go around kicking in doors . and tearing homes apart without a search warrant just because someone whispered in their ear that someone might have a firearm in their home .
    No they do that, when you ignore Covid restrictions, by having too many friends over and the nosy neighbour finks you out.
    ""Truth is treason in an empire of lies."." - George Orwell
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the younger
    FTrudeau

This is actually fairly good news if it's part of an overall pattern.

I mean we want due process, do we not?

The decision to (lawfully) search someone's house should be based on there being an urgent credible threat to public safety. That's what police are for.

Simple peaceful ownership of a gun in the house, whether licensed or not, should not be justification for a warrant, which may obviously find all sorts of other things.

If this is how the RCMP actually operate as a default setting, that's great news.
    I have no signature block.

12. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By Petamocto

Gunexpert007 (01-13-2021), Swampdonkey (01-13-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by stevebc View Post
    Some people are so emotionally attached to government that they can't face the possibility it might be bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Petamocto View Post
    Simple peaceful ownership of a gun in the house, whether licensed or not, should not be justification for a warrant, which may obviously find all sorts of other things.
    If those two guns were registered they would have no problem getting a search warrant to search the home for them (and finding what else is in there). So you have now four people that have sworn that the guns belonged to the deceased and that they were in the home, you have a woman with mental health issues who states they aren't in the home, and the same women asking someone to buy ammunition for them because they don't have a PAL let alone an RPAL.

It seems like a very fine line

Quote Originally Posted by Drache View Post
    If those two guns were registered they would have no problem getting a search warrant to search the home for them (and finding what else is in there). So you have now four people that have sworn that the guns belonged to the deceased and that they were in the home, you have a woman with mental health issues who states they aren't in the home, and the same women asking someone to buy ammunition for them because they don't have a PAL let alone an RPAL.

It seems like a very fine line
    You really like gun control, eh?

16. The Following User Liked This Post By Swampdonkey

Kingjenky (01-13-2021)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast