Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by joe6167 View Post
    In many ways it's just a more tedious version of getting a PAL, which mostly tests your ability to pay money... Here's how you do it:

-Join a gun club and be a member for at least 3 or 6 months
    -Study the laws, learn how to shoot and take a practical and theory exam
    -Participate in a certain number of competition events
    -Apply for a "Competition License"
    -Have the Psychological and physical exam
    -Gather all your documents and submit it to the police and wait
    -Buy a suitable gun safe
    -Get the license
    -Request a "permission" document for the number of guns you want to buy. Each time you buy a gun, you give one of these documents to the seller

After that you're good to go in the wonderland that is the "Texas of Europe"... basically anything you want... machine guns, drum mags, conceal carry, suppressors...

The biggest problem for me was learning all the material (in Polish for the theory exam) and not speaking Polish, but I did get perfect on the theory exam . If you are on top of these things (and your timing is good), you might be able to do it all in 6 months. The biggest obstacle time-wise is taking the theory/practical exam. There is such high demand for getting gun licenses, they get fully booked within minutes of being posted online...
    What are the requirements to get a carry license?

Edit: also Texas gun laws are shit. There are way better states for gun laws than Texas. Idaho for example.

Quote Originally Posted by CGO View Post

Edit: also Texas gun laws are shit. There are way better states for gun laws than Texas. Idaho for example.
    It's not really approached in the same way as a "carry license" but, with the "sports shooters license" for example:

-The law actually prefers you to transport your pistol in a concealed holster (it specifies "as close to your body as possible"), over a case or bag (which you can lose). No open carry though.
    -No round in the chamber, and when on public transportation, no loaded magazines in the gun.
    -Very few restrictions on when and where you can carry gun (I'm guessing government buildings. I don't recall seeing any "gun free zone" signs, even then those signs are not enforced by law, it's a matter of the building owner). If anyone asks, "I'm going to the range after work"...

There is also an instructors license, which I'm told allows you to carry all the time, without having to make up an excuse.

I already know the feedback (flaming) I'm going to get, but my question is how many of "youse guys" can quickdraw from a conceal carry under a winter jacket? It's certainly a vast improvement over... the ATT system for sure... you may not be able to get the quick draw on someone if you're ambushed, but at least if there is some incident, you'll have what you need to do something about it.

As far as self defence goes. If you (or the police) shoot someone, it's supposed to be to wound... "no head shots"... and there is a specific window where you are allowed to shoot someone... basically "mid stab"...

The way it was explained to me is, there are two Polish words for "using" a weapon, one referring to acceptable uses, the other being unacceptable, and "warning shots" are classified as acceptable.

A lot of this was just copied and pasted from Police laws into the Weapons Act (UoBiA) when it was written.
    Last edited by joe6167; 04-21-2021 at 12:07 PM.
    Successfully escaped this crazy quack s***hole country ALIVE - 12/26/2017!!!

Give your family tree a good shake and see if you have any dual citizenship that you can use to GTFO of this crazy quack s***hole country!

Definitely seems to be an approvement over Canadian laws! Cool rifle as well!

Here in Idaho there is no permit required to carry open or concealed and the law states you can shoot anyone committing a felony, although it's an old law and discretion should be used since things such as forging a check are felonies and obviously you can't shoot someone for that. Also no licenses or registration and private sales are done without paperwork.
    Last edited by CGO; 04-21-2021 at 12:26 PM.

Definitely seems to be an approvement over Canadian laws! Cool rifle as well!

Here in Idaho there is no permit required to carry open or concealed and the law states you can shoot anyone committing a felony, although it's an old law and discretion should be used since things such as forging a check are felonies and obviously you can't shoot someone for that. Also no licenses or registration and private sales are done without paperwork.
    It's a light machine gun!

Give your family tree a good shake and see if you have any dual citizenship that you can use to GTFO of this crazy quack s***hole country!

Quote Originally Posted by joe6167 View Post
    It's a light machine gun!
    Sorry... Cool light machine gun!

It would be about $30,000 here in full auto.

Sorry... Cool light machine gun!

It would be about $30,000 here in full auto.
    And here its about $1000 CDN... to make it "suitable" for sports shooters, they just ground a little bit off the safety selector so that it can't engage in full auto. Otherwise it totally unmodified (i.e. open bolt).

The real kicker is, FA guns tend to be a bit cheaper than SA guns, because of the extra work involved... but you gotta have the right license to own full auto!

The Japanese Type 97 Tank Machine Gun, another derivative of the ZB Family.

I’m reviving this post to point out that Texas has now surpassed Idaho...what a difference a few months makes
    Calvin Martin, Q.C. 1933 - 2014

I would like to apologize to anyone i have not offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by Strangeday View Post
    I’m reviving this post to point out that Texas has now surpassed Idaho...what a difference a few months makes
    But my M37 is still illegal over there...

Quote Originally Posted by Strangeday View Post
    No, Texas now has the same level that we've been enjoying for years. But good for them.

We already had constitution carry, unregulated suppressors, laws barring new federal gun laws etc.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234