Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Banned
    This is my first post to this forum, so please forgive me if I sound like a newby. I’m not new to this game.
    I have read a lot about how the “right to bear arms” is the final protection against government tyranny. An unalterable human right, something beyond mere law; something that belongs to “justice”, this I believe with all my heart (ex. RCAF Officer). All of what I have read, on this, many other gun forums, firearm websites, and in the truly free press; talk as if this is an event that might occur in the future and we need to be ready to stop it, when it happens. Question????? What if this tyranny by our government has already occurred? Not a fear for the future, but a thing of the present. These new gun laws and the courts support of them are just recognition of the fear of the power of this “human right to bear arms” in fighting the already existing tyranny. Now the tyrants and their servants are slowly, very slowly taking away our arms, hoping that by the time we wake up to this violation of our basic human rights; we are disarmed and helpless? Unable to mount an effective resistance to their “will of the state”.
    Let’s look at this situation very, very carefully….. government makes these gun laws, courts make rulings on those laws, police enforce(with threat of application or actual application of deadly force, including firearms) those rulings of the courts; against it’s own citizens, effectively disarming them and rendering them ineffective in resisting.
    Let’s look at the major players in this game:
    Government – Our elected representatives – whose first priority once getting elected to a position of power, becomes staying in power, not representing the citizens(us), who put them there.
    Judges – appointed by and paid by (guess who?) government, but misrepresented as being the independent “impartial arbiters of law”. Do they think we are that stupid? How can they possibly be “impartial”? They know who put them there, who pays their salaries, and who builds their grand palaces (law courts).
    Police—again, hired by, armed by, paid by; government. For the sole purpose of application of force against it’s own citizens.
    The minor, supporting players:
    Bureaucrats, civil servants—the nameless, faceless, unelected, unaccountable; the true enemies of freedom (as accused by Marcus Tulius Cicero, in the time of Julius Caesar). Guess who makes up the lists of restricted and prohibited guns?
    The news media—“Freedom of the press” What a crock of fertilizer. Who do you think the greatest buyer of advertising is……so think they are unbiased?
    I have probably violated the forum rules many times already, but my point for everyone is….THINK, please. This might not be a problem for the future, but a cold hard fact of our present. Thank you, Cheers!

If that long gun registry ever comes back, I forsee a lot of people officially not owning any guns. I really hope it doesn't. Terrible waste of money and didn't accomplish anything.

I don't mind the police knowing what I have, but some random office somewhere (that will possibly be outsourced)... no thanks. I don't like that information floating around for bad people to find out.

Quote Originally Posted by walperstyle View Post
    If that long gun registry ever comes back, I forsee a lot of people officially not owning any guns.
    "Sorry officer, what guns? I lost them in a game of truth. Check 2 towns down."
    MΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by walperstyle View Post
    If that long gun registry ever comes back, I forsee a lot of people officially not owning any guns. I really hope it doesn't. Terrible waste of money and didn't accomplish anything.

I don't mind the police knowing what I have, but some random office somewhere (that will possibly be outsourced)... no thanks. I don't like that information floating around for bad people to find out.
    Agreed. Not a fan of the CPC (Cheryl Gallant's) proposal to "privatize the functions of the firearms registry".
    Privatization means "for profit", which will come out of our pockets, and it means efficiency, so instead of a phone call from the gov't, we might end up with Blackwater kicking in our door.

I wish the Libertarian Party of Canada wasn't so disorganized and amateurish. I joined anyway - $10.

Quote Originally Posted by Drache View Post
    Hate to say it but Canadians don't have a right to own firearms at all. We have the privilege that the Government allows us to own firearms. Been this way long before I was born sadly....
    Government is in the business of denying rights, not enforcing Rights.

The Rights exist, even though their paper work may claim otherwise.

Governments are force and force alone. government is a gun to your head.

The thing they fear most is guns in the wrong hands. Your hands are the wrong hands.

That is the fundamental reason, they only issue a temporary permit and have made it illegal to own guns under any other condition.

They do not fear guns in the hands of permit holders. We are few and we obey the law, regardless how onerous it is. We are the low hanging fruit that can easily be stripped of access for any reason they care to concoct.

Do you always speak in doomsday verbiage?

Quote Originally Posted by Edenchef View Post
    This is my first post to this forum, so please forgive me if I sound like a newby. I’m not new to this game.
    I have read a lot about how the “right to bear arms” is the final protection against government tyranny. An unalterable human right, something beyond mere law; something that belongs to “justice”, this I believe with all my heart (ex. RCAF Officer). All of what I have read, on this, many other gun forums, firearm websites, and in the truly free press; talk as if this is an event that might occur in the future and we need to be ready to stop it, when it happens. Question????? What if this tyranny by our government has already occurred? Not a fear for the future, but a thing of the present. These new gun laws and the courts support of them are just recognition of the fear of the power of this “human right to bear arms” in fighting the already existing tyranny. Now the tyrants and their servants are slowly, very slowly taking away our arms, hoping that by the time we wake up to this violation of our basic human rights; we are disarmed and helpless? Unable to mount an effective resistance to their “will of the state”.
    Let’s look at this situation very, very carefully….. government makes these gun laws, courts make rulings on those laws, police enforce(with threat of application or actual application of deadly force, including firearms) those rulings of the courts; against it’s own citizens, effectively disarming them and rendering them ineffective in resisting.
    Let’s look at the major players in this game:
    Government – Our elected representatives – whose first priority once getting elected to a position of power, becomes staying in power, not representing the citizens(us), who put them there.
    Judges – appointed by and paid by (guess who?) government, but misrepresented as being the independent “impartial arbiters of law”. Do they think we are that stupid? How can they possibly be “impartial”? They know who put them there, who pays their salaries, and who builds their grand palaces (law courts).
    Police—again, hired by, armed by, paid by; government. For the sole purpose of application of force against it’s own citizens.
    The minor, supporting players:
    Bureaucrats, civil servants—the nameless, faceless, unelected, unaccountable; the true enemies of freedom (as accused by Marcus Tulius Cicero, in the time of Julius Caesar). Guess who makes up the lists of restricted and prohibited guns?
    The news media—“Freedom of the press” What a crock of fertilizer. Who do you think the greatest buyer of advertising is……so think they are unbiased?
    I have probably violated the forum rules many times already, but my point for everyone is….THINK, please. This might not be a problem for the future, but a cold hard fact of our present. Thank you, Cheers!
    That was brilliant Sir.

I'm an old fart just like you.

I've been witness to just how far this country has gone towards the Orwellian nightmare and every word you spoke is true.

Allow our Rightful Liberty or .....

Quote Originally Posted by awndray View Post
    Do you always speak in doomsday verbiage?
    Only when we're talking of doomsday.

Otherwise, I'm fairly upbeat.

Do you take exception to what I said?

I'm curious about the reason for capitalizing the word right. Are you implying something that I fail to see or comprehend? I don't know that I take exception to your thoughts necessarily, but certainly the way you say it. We do indeed have rights and freedoms afforded to us by the Charter. We do indeed also have other rights, as prescribed by Section 26 of the Charter. I understand that much. The reality is, as much as want to refer to the English Bill of Rights and the British North America Act, we don't truly have those rights. Sadly, we have the Firearms Act. We have privileges. The only reason government is in power is because we've given them that power. Our families, friends and neighbors are just as much to blame for this. They too are holding the proverbial gun to our head.

Please don't take this as an anti gun rights rant. I fully support and a donating member of our CSSA and NFA. I do what I can to promote our sports and hobbies. I also write my regional, provincial and federal officials. I want nothing more than to enjoy a life without the many restrictions place upon me, but I live in a society that won't allow it. I'll keep fighting it though.

Quote Originally Posted by awndray View Post
    I'm curious about the reason for capitalizing the word right. Are you implying something that I fail to see or comprehend? I don't know that I take exception to your thoughts necessarily, but certainly the way you say it. We do indeed have rights and freedoms afforded to us by the Charter. We do indeed also have other rights, as prescribed by Section 26 of the Charter. I understand that much. The reality is, as much as want to refer to the English Bill of Rights and the British North America Act, we don't truly have those rights. Sadly, we have the Firearms Act. We have privileges. The only reason government is in power is because we've given them that power. Our families, friends and neighbors are just as much to blame for this. They too are holding the proverbial gun to our head.

Please don't take this as an anti gun rights rant. I fully support and a donating member of our CSSA and NFA. I do what I can to promote our sports and hobbies. I also write my regional, provincial and federal officials. I want nothing more than to enjoy a life without the many restrictions place upon me, but I live in a society that won't allow it. I'll keep fighting it though.
    It is true, that all we have, officially; in so far as government goes, are state granted privileges. However, the state only exists through the privilege of it's people. I like to remind people of that. Especially state agents. they serve us, it is not the other way around. Though, it's difficult to recognise it that way at this time. It sure seems to not be the case. It seems a great deal more as if we serve them. And I hate that with every fibre of my being.

I don't know when I started capitalizing Rights. I see them as special and more than just rights with a small r. I may have seen it written that way somewhere.

As long as you keep fighting, and as long as we stand together, we haven't lost.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast