Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

CANADIAN freedom and right to own a Firearm

Greetings fellow firearms owners and enthusiasts .. I am pleased to join GOC and be able to share my passion with fellow owners

Just a quick 'heads-up' to everyone who enjoys the FREEDOM to own and shoot their prized possessions. Lets make sure we keep that FREEDOM and not let the ANTI GUN LOBBY Bureaucrats deprive us of that enjoyment.

Unfortunately there are plenty of them out there that are waiting to seize on the opportunity to ban EVERY FIREARM they can, many are trying right this moment to 'jump on the band wagon' after the very sad events that have recently taken place in the US and the relentless MEDIA frenzy to ban firearms!

I, like many of you, have kids and they are the most precious part of our lives, none-the-less I know, like the rest of you, that guns will always be available to the crooks and lunatics on this planet..whether firearms are banned or not...I know this for a fact....

I used to live in the UK and had my firearms confiscated as did other legal gun owners after another lunatic, in the late 80's, went into a school and shot many kids...The BRITISH GOVERNMENT seized this 'ONCE IN A LIFETIME OPPORTUNITY' to take away ALL our guns..
    "THIS BAN WILL CUT GUN CRIME IN THE UK" was their rhetoric....TOTAL B.S.!!!

GUN CRIME HAS GONE THROUGH THE ROOF SINCE THE BAN!!!! As the only people that have guns now are the crooks!

SO, CANADIANS WE NEED TO STICK TOGETHER AND NOT GIVE AN INCH TO THESE PHILISTINES!

Be safe out there

***** GUNS ARE NOT DANGEROUS ...BUT SOME PEOPLE ARE! *****

Welcome...great first post!
    CSSA CCFR

Welcome!
    Member: AFGA, CPC, CCFR, CSSA, WIPA and the Maverick Party.

Member Space Shuttle Door Gunner's Avatar
    Welcome, I share your sentiments entirely
    Psalm 144

Hate to say it but Canadians don't have a right to own firearms at all. We have the privilege that the Government allows us to own firearms. Been this way long before I was born sadly....

Banned
    Which, perhaps above all else, needs correcting. But; given there isnt yet a single party within Canada willing to stand up and do that...

Quote Originally Posted by Drache View Post
    Hate to say it but Canadians don't have a right to own firearms at all.
    Don't we?

http://www.rkba.ca/
    http://www.bcrevolution.ca/common_law_right.htm

I've read those arguments before and when I first joined CGN I was one of the ones always claiming we had that right. But we don't. We have the right to self defense which is clearly stated. It also state we have the right to over throw a tyrannical ruler. But it doesn't say anything about the right to bear arms.

So if nothing about it is mentioned, does it mean we explicitly don't have the right, or simply that we don't have a protected right?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast