Is your favorite CLP harder to find?

Once in awhile I get concerned when I find a few things I have come to like are disappearing. Blindside shotgun shells for example. Doesn't even exist on the Winchester site anymore. So I buy some online of the last few boxes of shells I can get. Only used for hunting so should last awhile.

Then I'm down to last can of G96, and I don't want to drive an hour to buy it, so I check online. Amazon is out of stock. Other online will be quite the shipping charge for one or two cans of it. Cabelas web site says it would require special shipping arrangements and they would need to call me first - too complicated. I don't know why Canadian Tire doesn't carry the G96 CLP.

Wow, the price of G96 has really gone up since I last bought some.
    But I get a listing on the CT website, I just picked Halifax/Cole Harbour at random and there it is
    https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/g...-0755717p.html
    edit, you're in Labrador aren't you. Sorry.
    But as long as the website has it, your store should be able to order it internally on their next truckload-
    as a special order, pay for it in advance and no returns is the policy at my local CT.
    BreakFree CLP does a fine job too, I've been using it for a couple years. I see the price of that is also up.
    So seeing as you're in hunters' paradise, what does everyone else up there do?
    Last edited by LB303; 02-07-2021 at 03:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LB303 View Post
    Wow, the price of G96 has really gone up since I last bought some.
    But I get a listing on the CT website, I just picked Halifax/Cole Harbour at random and there it is
    https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/g...-0755717p.html
    edit, you're in Labrador aren't you. Sorry.
    But as long as the website has it, your store should be able to order it internally on their next truckload-
    as a special order, pay for it in advance and no returns is the policy at my local CT.
    BreakFree CLP does a fine job too, I've been using it for a couple years. I see the price of that is also up.
    So seeing as you're in hunters' paradise, what does everyone else up there do?
    That product is the solvent, not the all in one G96 product.

I live in Nova Scotia, and I'm very close to a CT. I might give Break Free CLP a try. If it's a pump spray, I prefer an aerosol product. I put the tube right in by firing pins and such nooks and crannies to blast out any grit out of reach of the toothbrush.

The Gunsmithing Moderator blacksmithden's Avatar
    I live among the creatures of the night (Edmonton)
    In Soviet Canada, CLP is luxury. Only capialist dogs buy CLP. True Canadian comrads scrub gun with rye whiskey and finger nails !!!
    GOC moderator
    Dealer/co-founder/co-owner of Tundra Supply Ltd.
    www.tundrasupply.ca
    June 2013 - The High River Gun Grab - NEVER FORGET !!!!
    Feb 26 2014 - Swiss Arms prohibition and ordered confiscation by the RCMP - NEVER FORGET !!!!!
    May 1 2020 - Liberal un-democratic mass prohibition order in council. - NEVER FORGET !!!!!

5. The Following User Liked This Post By blacksmithden

3MTA3 (02-08-2021)

Gun? What is gun?

Quote Originally Posted by labradort View Post
    Once in awhile I get concerned when I find a few things I have come to like are disappearing. Blindside shotgun shells for example. Doesn't even exist on the Winchester site anymore. So I buy some online of the last few boxes of shells I can get. Only used for hunting so should last awhile.

Then I'm down to last can of G96, and I don't want to drive an hour to buy it, so I check online. Amazon is out of stock. Other online will be quite the shipping charge for one or two cans of it. Cabelas web site says it would require special shipping arrangements and they would need to call me first - too complicated. I don't know why Canadian Tire doesn't carry the G96 CLP.
    Nope, my local stores still have G96. Not that they're currently open for in store shopping or indoor range use but I suppose that cuts down on the rate of CLP consumption.
    Remember High River!

ATF is still available everywhere.
    I only use that on a couple guns, though.

G96 is everywhere. Damn expensive now though. Ballistol is even available at Cabelas.

I haven’t seen any shortages.

I have a spray bottle of M-PRO7 that seems to be lasting me forever for cleaning and just oil things up afterwards.
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

"It must be poor life that achieves freedom from fear" - Aldo Leopold

Ballistol is at Canadian Tire, I wish I could get Kroil-
    I do like Shooter's choice.
    ""Truth is treason in an empire of lies."." - George Orwell
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the younger
    FTrudeau