Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    Quote Originally Posted by t_glover View Post
    I do a lot of electrical work on trucks and equipment and have used the heat shrink insulated terminals for years and never had a problem.
    You need the proper crimping tool though. A proper crimp is required and the cheap crimping tools wont cut it and they can damage the
    heat shrink insulation creating a problem down the road or not hold and cause an intermittent connection. These are what I use:
    Attachment 31054
    That crimping tool is are probably over thirty years old now.
    Agree to many people use these pieces of %$^&
    1178274_M.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by kennymo View Post
    Is it an actual plug or do you need the short adapter cord like on a Toyota? I thought the Toyota setup was great until I was looking for the cord I removed from the truck in May during a November cold snap.
    Nissan has the same short cord set-up. How dumb!
    Last edited by wolver; 04-03-2021 at 10:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by t_glover View Post
    I bet he was the guy that wired all the trailers for Greyhound.

As someone who had the luxury of pulling those pieces of **** for years... Karma. Karmas coming for that wiring job!
    And yet, after nearly 10 years of government by Stephen Harper and his anti-choice army, you can still get an abortion in Canada. At this point, the political right’s agenda is so well hidden Sherlock Holmes couldn’t find it with a Huawei P30 powered by a trillion Watsons.

That old mack said "value liner" on the side.
    Its a neat looking rig to someone like me who knows absolutely nothing about trucks that size.
    The guy who had it was a retired trucker and he pulled around an enormous holiday trailer with it. (He has since passed)
    Why does the rest of the country get first dibbs on half my income?

Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf View Post
    No, no you don't. One of THE most uncomfortable trucks I've ever driven. Also drove a SuperLiner aka R Model with a long hood to fit the 500 V8. It was no better than the R Model except you could almost keep up with the four and a quarter Cats. Norther Mack here had issues with actually setting up a truck so it could pull hills
    Hehe sitting there with your head tilted forward, hoping like hell you don't bounce and crack your skull on the steel rod that stops the seat from bouncing into the rear window and breaking it.
    Good times.
    Don't blame me, I didn't vote for that clown. Oct 20, '15

I like the idea of a covered receptacle for block heater plugs. I always re-route my block heater plug to come out by the windshield wipers between the hood and the cab of the vehicle. I always hated bending down to try and plug in, now it's just right there easy to plug and unplug. And as a bonus because you can easily see the extension cord when getting into the vehicle my wife never drives away with the cord still plugged in any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Rory McCanuck View Post
    Hehe sitting there with your head tilted forward, hoping like hell you don't bounce and crack your skull on the steel rod that stops the seat from bouncing into the rear window and breaking it.
    Good times.
    Hmmm .... your idea of a good time and mine are Vastly different lol. Drove that Superliner back and forth to Whitehorse for far too many trips - hunched over, knees bent wrong......

8. The Following User Liked This Post By Grey_Wolf

Rory McCanuck (04-04-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by ESnel View Post
    Agree to many people use these pieces of %$^&
    1178274_M.jpg
    The strippers on those are shit too.

The best ones are the ones that grip and melt the insulation and then pull it off, but they don't work with all types of isnulation.
    Next best are the mechanical ones that grip and cut not quite all the way then pull and break the insulation where you want to strip. That way you're not nicking or breaking strands in the wire, a no-no in some applications (like in aviation).
    Know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til you understand who's in ruttin command here.

10. The Following User Liked This Post By Edward Teach

Rory McCanuck (04-05-2021)

I like using these for my low voltage wiring needs -

Warning! some sarcasm, facetious behavior, satire, irony, dry humor, playful banter and more may or may not be involved in my postings. Please read anything I have written as being said in the most joyful and happy voice you can imagine.

To whom it may concern: I hereby declare I am not responsible for the debts incurred by one Justin Trudeau!

12. The Following User Liked This Post By M1917 Enfield

barkerlakebob (04-07-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by M1917 Enfield View Post
    I like using these for my low voltage wiring needs -

Also a good wire sizer for those who have trouble identifying the size of wire they need or are working with !!
    Nothing will F--k you up as much as the realization that there's no real reason the alphabet needs to be in order !!

There is no such thing as left over bacon !!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567