Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

CZ/Huglu or Franchi for an O/U?

Spend ~$1k and get a Huglu/CZ or spend a few hundred more for a Franchi Instinct?
    20ga. Field work, going to be carried 99% of the time and shot a few times a year if I get lucky.
    Extractors are alright.

Anyone here with experience with either? I'm guessing based on google, I'll be fine with either.
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

"It must be poor life that achieves freedom from fear" - Aldo Leopold

If you’re only going to use it sparingly, a used CZ would easily fit the bill. Or you could cheap out and buy a used IGA Condor like me. I enjoy mine, but I will likely step it up to a Beretta to match my 12 Ga in the future.

Not quite, but I have a newer Huglu SxS coach gun. We abuse it pretty bad at the cabin with full tilt slugs & 00 buck in contests of dumbazz macho and it is no worse for wear or function at this point. At least a vouch for construction quality even though the O/U is a different animal. I also know two co-workers down here with Franchi’s and they more than happy with their O/U’s.....

been watching this guy on shotguns, totally different concept in the UK, their used shotguns are comically cheap (www.guntrader.uk )

Last edited by Stew; 02-20-2021 at 05:05 PM.

Love myfranchi

I might cheap out with the huglu and step up to a more fancy piece later.

Quote Originally Posted by Greglc View Post
    Love my franchi
    Yup. I can echo that.
    "So this is how liberty dies, with thunderous applause..."

No experience with either. Fit being everything with wing shooting do you have the ability to shoulder them before purchase? If you do pick a point on the wall or ceiling. Fix your gaze. Close your eyes, mount the gun without tucking, twisting or likewise adjusting. Open you eyes. How close is the gun pointing to where your eyes are?
    In spite of all of man's grandiose achievements, he owes his continued existence to six inches of topsoil and the fact that it rains.

Quote Originally Posted by R&R Rancher View Post
    No experience with either. Fit being everything with wing shooting do you have the ability to shoulder them before purchase? If you do pick a point on the wall or ceiling. Fix your gaze. Close your eyes, mount the gun without tucking, twisting or likewise adjusting. Open you eyes. How close is the gun pointing to where your eyes are?
    That's how I mount a scope too. If I open my eyes an am looking down the scope, it's in the right spot.
    Once I'm allowed to leave PEI I'm hoping to find them at one of the bass pros over in nb/ns to have a good look at.

I just picked up an Silver Reserve O/U 28 ga made by Mossberg ( well actually Huglu) at Rat River Sports for my son for about $800.
    I’ve got a number of higher end Citori’s I personally think are great, they are way over $800.
    So, I was absolutely blown away by the fit, finish, lock-up and wood on this gun. My son had looked at it wistfully saying he liked it but could not afford it, so I gave in to a momentary weakness and bought it on the spot for him.

We took it home, field stripped it, cleaned it, and the only thing it needs is a coat of Feed-n-wax on the oil finished wood to make it really pop.

So, if you can find one, check it out!

mossberg_steel_reserve_f.jpg
    Justin Trudeau - living proof that shit can step in itself.

11. The Following 3 Users Like This Post By GTW

Aniest (02-24-2021), lone-wolf (02-24-2021), Stew (02-24-2021)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast