Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewey Cox View Post
    He just printed a letter that says "thats not what we intended".
    Did he actually go that far, or was it just that famous tweet?
    Don't blame me, I didn't vote for that clown. Oct 20, '15

We will all die one day but laying there with my guts torn out bleeding to death is not the way I would like my last day to be.
    My preference is to have stacked a cord of wood and fallen asleep in my lazyboy recliner and never wake up.
    The challenge of retirement is how to spend time without spending money.
    There is no place in an anti's head where reason can enter. from a Napoleon saying with a tweak.
    Look around is there someone you can introduce to shooting because thatís the only way we will buck the anti gun trend sweeping Canada! "tigrr 2006"

3. The Following 4 Users Like This Post By tigrr

Camo tung (02-27-2021), JustBen (02-23-2021), lone-wolf (02-24-2021), Rory McCanuck (02-24-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by tigrr View Post
    We will all die one day but laying there with my guts torn out bleeding to death is not the way I would like my last day to be.
    My preference is to have stacked a cord of wood and fallen asleep in my lazyboy recliner and never wake up.
    My uncle died at 85 hunting and people said such a Tragedy. His wife said he died doing what he loved to do so it was far from a tragedy.

5. The Following 4 Users Like This Post By Kenwp

CLW .45 (02-24-2021), Northshore (02-24-2021), Rory McCanuck (02-24-2021), spider69 (02-24-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyjax99 View Post
    Like I said, never been in grizzly country, but I sure as hell wouldn't be caught dead without my Mossberg 500 as a backup.
    Until you have been charged by a Grizzly coming through the alders at you full bore....you will never know what a stupid statement that is...............Just stating the facts.

Jim
    "I am the midnight watchman down at Miller's Tool and Die
    And I watch the metal rusting and I watch that time go by"

I will not comply!
    WEXIT

7. The Following User Liked This Post By Halfton

JustBen (02-27-2021)

There are people who bowhunt grizzly.

There are people who hunt grizzly with muzzleloaders.

There are people who hunt bears with revolvers.

And I assume there have been people who hunted grizzly with single shots.

I have been blessed to see grizzly in the wild...they are truely impressive, magnificent animals but to encounter one in the wild provides an instant reminder that you are not automatically the apex predator in the woods that day.

I could see a rationale for taking an African Dangerous Game Double Rifle...but a single would just seem like deliberatly tempting fate, but as I mentioned above people tempt fate for fun all the time.

I think we all assume that the hunt is taking place in the thick bush where your field of view is in feet.
    If you are hunting grizzly over open ground then a single is a viable option.
    Dangerous game that is shot at a distance is not dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by Halfton View Post
    Until you have been charged by a Grizzly coming through the alders at you full bore....you will never know what a stupid statement that is...............Just stating the facts.

Jim
    How exactly is it a stupid statement? If it's a fact, you should be able elaborate somewhat.

I mentioned it in a different thread but my Dad's bear hunting advice to me was "If you're going to take a shot at a bear, take two". That still sticks in my mind when I see bears.
    "It is an absolute truism that law-abiding, armed citizens pose no threat to other law-abiding citizens."

Ammo, camo and things that go "blammo".

Ok all you arm chair quarter backs. A grizzly 30 to 40 feet away can run you over in 3 to 4 seconds. They outrun a race horse for the first 150 feet. Have you ever seen a cow scull with the side caved in from a grizzly swat.
    Your gun is a club if it isn't loaded and ready to go in grizzly country. Me walk around with a single shot when the sow is 13 feet tall and the 2 cubs are over 6 feet tall. Ya right.
    The challenge of retirement is how to spend time without spending money.
    There is no place in an anti's head where reason can enter. from a Napoleon saying with a tweak.
    Look around is there someone you can introduce to shooting because thatís the only way we will buck the anti gun trend sweeping Canada! "tigrr 2006"

Let me speak for the people that tried using a single shot for dangerous game. "I wasn't a good idea!"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123