Page 30 of 37 FirstFirst ... 20262728293031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: Inflation

Quote Originally Posted by blacksmithden View Post
    These were $5.99 about 6 weeks ago. They jumped to $6.34 each a week after I checked the price and I was kind of ticked off. I bought them anyway. NOW ?!?!!?

Attachment 32197

A lousy 8 ft 2x4 will now run you $9.65
    A sheet of 3/4" plywood is $95.98
    horrible time to be building that tree fort.
    "It is an absolute truism that law-abiding, armed citizens pose no threat to other law-abiding citizens."

Ammo, camo and things that go "blammo".

These were $5.99 about 6 weeks ago. They jumped to $6.34 each a week after I checked the price and I was kind of ticked off. I bought them anyway. NOW ?!?!!?

Attachment 32197

A lousy 8 ft 2x4 will now run you $9.65
    A sheet of 3/4" plywood is $95.98
    You must be talking about plain non-treated 2x4's, the PT ones around my parts are selling for $12.29 each!

2x4 PT Lumber.jpg
    Warning! some sarcasm, facetious and jovial behavior, satire, irony, dry humor, playful banter and more may or may not be involved in my postings. Please read anything I have written as being said in the most joyful and happy voice you can imagine.

To whom it may concern: I hereby declare I am not responsible for the debts incurred by one Justin Trudeau!

Have you seen the price increases on Saskatchewan seal skins? Ay Carumba!
    "It is an absolute truism that law-abiding, armed citizens pose no threat to other law-abiding citizens."

Ammo, camo and things that go "blammo".

4. The Following 4 Users Like This Post By Camo tung

blacksmithden (05-09-2021), JustBen (05-09-2021), kennymo (05-09-2021), Rory McCanuck (05-10-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Camo tung View Post
    Way to nail two iconic shows at once.
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

6. The Following User Liked This Post By kennymo

Camo tung (05-09-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Camo tung View Post

Warning! some sarcasm, facetious and jovial behavior, satire, irony, dry humor, playful banter and more may or may not be involved in my postings. Please read anything I have written as being said in the most joyful and happy voice you can imagine.

To whom it may concern: I hereby declare I am not responsible for the debts incurred by one Justin Trudeau!

Apparently there's a shortage of stablok breakers too
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

"It must be poor life that achieves freedom from fear" - Aldo Leopold

Quote Originally Posted by lone-wolf View Post
    Apparently there's a shortage of stablok breakers too
    There's a shortage of everything these days. About the only thing the government makes sure we have enough of is booze and dope, and they can barely handle that.

As much as it sucks, this is the time to stay home and save. If you're careful, you will be able to pick up quality used stuff at rock bottom prices as this economy continues to stumble. Cash will only be second to barter.

I'm not quite sure what's the right plan of attack with the investments right now, but we all know God hates a coward.

10. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By JustBen

Camo tung (05-10-2021), M1917 Enfield (05-09-2021)

The Gunsmithing Moderator blacksmithden's Avatar
    I live among the creatures of the night (Edmonton)
    Quote Originally Posted by M1917 Enfield View Post
    You must be talking about plain non-treated 2x4's, the PT ones around my parts are selling for $12.29 each!

2x4 PT Lumber.jpg
    Yep. I use 2 standards to measure the insanity in the lumber industry. A standard 8 ft 2x4 stud and sheets of 3/4" plywood.I just bring up the fence boards because I had to buy a bunch 5 or 6 weeks ago.
    GOC moderator
    Dealer/co-founder/co-owner of Tundra Supply Ltd.
    www.tundrasupply.ca
    June 2013 - The High River Gun Grab - NEVER FORGET !!!!
    Feb 26 2014 - Swiss Arms prohibition and ordered confiscation by the RCMP - NEVER FORGET !!!!!
    May 1 2020 - Liberal un-democratic mass prohibition order in council. - NEVER FORGET !!!!!

Yep. I use 2 standards to measure the insanity in the lumber industry. A standard 8 ft 2x4 stud and sheets of 3/4" plywood.I just bring up the fence boards because I had to buy a bunch 5 or 6 weeks ago.
    I know all about the insanity of Lumber prices, I purchased about a dozen PT 6'x1"x6" fence palings about 5-6 years ago to fix a side fence and gate and back then they were just over $2.00 each.

Tucker: They did this on purpose (applies to every crisis that is or will be in play, but in particular the gas shortage, inflation, etc.)

Successfully escaped this crazy quack s***hole country ALIVE - 12/26/2017!!!

Give your family tree a good shake and see if you have any dual citizenship that you can use to GTFO of this crazy quack s***hole country!

14. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By joe6167

M1917 Enfield (05-12-2021), Rory McCanuck (05-12-2021)