Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637 LastLast

Thread: Inflation

Inflation expectations for next year surge to record high

Inflation expectations for the next year climbed for a seventh straight month in May to a record high, according to a new survey from the Federal Reserve Bank of New York.

Stocks waffle as inflation jumps, Fed meeting kicks off

U.S. stocks bounced between losses and gains in early trading as investors digested fresh data on inflation after producer prices jumped 6.6% the most on record. This as the Federal Reserve begins its two-day meeting with a decision due Wednesday.
    Warning! some sarcasm, facetious and jovial behavior, satire, irony, dry humor, playful banter and more may or may not be involved in my postings. Please read anything I have written as being said in the most joyful and happy voice you can imagine.

To whom it may concern: I hereby declare I am not responsible for the debts incurred by one Justin Trudeau!

The Gunsmithing Moderator blacksmithden's Avatar
    I live among the creatures of the night (Edmonton)
    Quote Originally Posted by M1917 Enfield View Post
    Inflation expectations for next year surge to record high

Inflation expectations for the next year climbed for a seventh straight month in May to a record high, according to a new survey from the Federal Reserve Bank of New York.

Stocks waffle as inflation jumps, Fed meeting kicks off

U.S. stocks bounced between losses and gains in early trading as investors digested fresh data on inflation after producer prices jumped 6.6% the most on record. This as the Federal Reserve begins its two-day meeting with a decision due Wednesday.
    Why arent gold stocks soaring on news like that ?
    GOC moderator
    Dealer/co-founder/co-owner of Tundra Supply Ltd.
    www.tundrasupply.ca
    June 2013 - The High River Gun Grab - NEVER FORGET !!!!
    Feb 26 2014 - Swiss Arms prohibition and ordered confiscation by the RCMP - NEVER FORGET !!!!!
    May 1 2020 - Liberal un-democratic mass prohibition order in council. - NEVER FORGET !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by blacksmithden View Post
    Have patience, give them time, as soon as things become apparent to even a blindman that inflation is getting out of control they will pick up steam.
    Warning! some sarcasm, facetious and jovial behavior, satire, irony, dry humor, playful banter and more may or may not be involved in my postings. Please read anything I have written as being said in the most joyful and happy voice you can imagine.

To whom it may concern: I hereby declare I am not responsible for the debts incurred by one Justin Trudeau!

Maybe because gold stocks are paper they are not gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Zinilin View Post

Closest thing to physical gold on the exchanges is the Sprott trusts, and then you still have to trust no funny accounting has been going on, there...
    And yet, after nearly 10 years of government by Stephen Harper and his anti-choice army, you can still get an abortion in Canada. At this point, the political right’s agenda is so well hidden Sherlock Holmes couldn’t find it with a Huawei P30 powered by a trillion Watsons.

6. The Following User Liked This Post By firemachine69

M1917 Enfield (06-15-2021)

Actually a lot of gold stocks are the actually mining company stocks and their price is usually based on how many ounces of real gold they dig out and process/sell each quarter.

Maybe you are thinking of those gold stocks based off companies who claim to buy and hold gold in secure vaults someplace to back up their total sales and issue you a paper or electronic receipt but actually seldom do buy that much real gold until the holder demands payment in actual gold bullion.

The Gunsmithing Moderator blacksmithden's Avatar
    I live among the creatures of the night (Edmonton)
    Gold mining stocks. I never buy just paper.
    GOC moderator
    Dealer/co-founder/co-owner of Tundra Supply Ltd.
    www.tundrasupply.ca
    June 2013 - The High River Gun Grab - NEVER FORGET !!!!
    Feb 26 2014 - Swiss Arms prohibition and ordered confiscation by the RCMP - NEVER FORGET !!!!!
    May 1 2020 - Liberal un-democratic mass prohibition order in council. - NEVER FORGET !!!!!

Go ahead. Raise interest rates in Canada by 3%. Go ahead. I dare ya. When the government has to print another half trillion dollars or face defaulting on its debt, further devaluing our currency and having the opposite of the desired effect on inflation....when a massive number of low to moderate income households have to declare bankruptcy and walk away from their 5-10% paid for homes because their payments are going to nearly double when their mortgages come due.....when single moms are on the news saying they cant feed their kids because the bank raised their credit card and line of credit payments.....oh please, please, please, put a 3% bullet in this excuse for an economy !!! I f-ing DARE YOU !!!!
    Bank of Canada will not touch the interest rate until the inflation run real hot.
    The reason is simple, BoC has run out of option to fight a recession with the interest rate at 0.25 and all the bond buying they are doing. So if they raise the interest rate now and the economy stall, they are going to be in deep trouble. They have no more room to cut interest rate and more bond buying will not help. Beside, they will do anything they can to help the Liberal in the coming election.
    On the other hand, they figure they could kill any inflation easily by raising the interest rate to like 7~10 % and stopping all those bond buying, so they would rather let the inflation get real hot before doing anything AND only after the federal election.

10. The Following User Liked This Post By wai556

M1917 Enfield (06-15-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by wai556 View Post
    Bank of Canada will not touch the interest rate until the inflation run real hot.
    The reason is simple, BoC has run out of option to fight a recession with the interest rate at 0.25 and all the bond buying they are doing. So if they raise the interest rate now and the economy stall, they are going to be in deep trouble. They have no more room to cut interest rate and more bond buying will not help. Beside, they will do anything they can to help the Liberal in the coming election.
    On the other hand, they figure they could kill any inflation easily by raising the interest rate to like 7~10 % and stopping all those bond buying, so they would rather let the inflation get real hot before doing anything AND only after the federal election.
    Paul Volcker, Chairman of the Federal Reserve
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_V...ederal_Reserve

Inflation emerged as an economic and political challenge in the United States during the 1970s. The monetary policies of the Federal Reserve board, led by Volcker, were widely credited with curbing the rate of inflation and expectations that inflation would continue. US inflation, which peaked at 14.8 percent in March 1980, fell below 3 percent by 1983.[22][23] The Federal Reserve board led by Volcker raised the federal funds rate, which had averaged 11.2% in 1979, to a peak of 20% in June 1981. The prime rate rose to 21.5% in 1981 as well, which helped lead to the 1980–1982 recession,[24] in which the national unemployment rate rose to over 10%. Volcker's Federal Reserve board elicited the strongest political attacks and most widespread protests in the history of the Federal Reserve (unlike any protests experienced since 1922), due to the effects of high interest rates on the construction, farming, and industrial sectors, culminating in indebted farmers driving their tractors onto C Street NW in Washington, D.C. and blockading the Eccles Building.[25] US monetary policy eased in 1982, helping lead to a resumption of economic growth.
    Successfully escaped this crazy quack s***hole country ALIVE - 12/26/2017!!!

Give your family tree a good shake and see if you have any dual citizenship that you can use to GTFO of this crazy quack s***hole country!

Canada now has the biggest deficit since WW2 , and a national debt that is projected to be well over a TRILLION dollars....Welcome to Trudeau's Canada , where budgets balance themselves ; and the future of Canada rests in the hands of a faied out Drama Teacher .
    " Fate whispers to the warrior, ‘You cannot withstand the storm.’ The warrior whispers back, ‘I am the storm. " .... " And I looked , and behold a pale horse ; and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him."...." I will execute great vengeance on them with wrathful rebukes. Then they will know that I am the LORD, when I lay my vengeance upon them.” ; Ezekiel 25:17