Page 36 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast

Thread: Inflation

The Gunsmithing Moderator blacksmithden's Avatar
    I live among the creatures of the night (Edmonton)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunexpert007 View Post
    Canada now has the biggest deficit since WW2 , and a national debt that is projected to be well over a TRILLION dollars....Welcome to Trudeau's Canada , where budgets balance themselves ; and the future of Canada rests in the hands of a "tender your resignation immediately", sexual predator, failed out Drama Teacher .
    Fixed that for you.
    GOC moderator
    Dealer/co-founder/co-owner of Tundra Supply Ltd.
    www.tundrasupply.ca
    June 2013 - The High River Gun Grab - NEVER FORGET !!!!
    Feb 26 2014 - Swiss Arms prohibition and ordered confiscation by the RCMP - NEVER FORGET !!!!!
    May 1 2020 - Liberal un-democratic mass prohibition order in council. - NEVER FORGET !!!!!

2. The Following User Liked This Post By blacksmithden

chrisc (06-15-2021)

Nate puts forth the idea that governments may use lockdowns as a way to deal with out of control inflation to prevent losing control.

Successfully escaped this crazy quack s***hole country ALIVE - 12/26/2017!!!

Give your family tree a good shake and see if you have any dual citizenship that you can use to GTFO of this crazy quack s***hole country!

Quote Originally Posted by SIR VEYOR View Post
    Not all positions would be considered “unskilled”. And it’s not due to immigrants taking jobs either. If anything, they’re more ambitious than current employees and willing to try freelance. There are lots of jobs where if you can float the startup costs for 30-90-120 days (1st invoice paid), you can run on a razor margin, say 1.1 instead of a typical 2.2 wage multiple. And all those companies that need 2.2ish due to their operations are either out of business or likely forced to suppress wages to compete. Can’t charge more, difficult to higher wages. Easy to price yourself out of the market rate. Pensions and company lifers didn’t leave because of immigrants.

Look at large construction, used to be GC/CMT/etc supplies all the support services for the subs. Now, frequently each sub must supply their own support services. Why? Because the “support guys” kept getting undercut by small or 1 person operations. So less cohesion of the underlying backbone of the site, and less wages available for the support guys.
    "By importing Calcutta you do not help Calcutta; you become Calcutta"

Consumer prices surge 5.4% annually, most since August 2008

Inflation is running hotter than economists had forecasted as U.S. consumer prices rose last month at the fastest pace since August 2008.
    Warning! some sarcasm, facetious and jovial behavior, satire, irony, dry humor, playful banter and more may or may not be involved in my postings. Please read anything I have written as being said in the most joyful and happy voice you can imagine.

To whom it may concern: I hereby declare I am not responsible for the debts incurred by one Justin Trudeau!

Quote Originally Posted by M1917 Enfield View Post
    Consumer prices surge 5.4% annually, most since August 2008

Inflation is running hotter than economists had forecasted as U.S. consumer prices rose last month at the fastest pace since August 2008.
    Mark Moss delves into this news.

Successfully escaped this crazy quack s***hole country ALIVE - 12/26/2017!!!

Give your family tree a good shake and see if you have any dual citizenship that you can use to GTFO of this crazy quack s***hole country!

A 2x4x8 was down to $7.50 at Homeless Despot yesterday. Still ludicrous, but trending the right way.
    I'd rather make a difference than a dollar.

8. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By FlyingHigh

blacksmithden (07-13-2021), Rory McCanuck (07-14-2021)

IMG_2456.jpg

2012 Price for 2x4's studs = $2.28 each up from $1.88 each the year before.
    Warning! some sarcasm, facetious and jovial behavior, satire, irony, dry humor, playful banter and more may or may not be involved in my postings. Please read anything I have written as being said in the most joyful and happy voice you can imagine.

To whom it may concern: I hereby declare I am not responsible for the debts incurred by one Justin Trudeau!

10. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By M1917 Enfield

firemachine69 (07-13-2021), FlyingHigh (07-13-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingHigh View Post
    A 2x4x8 was down to $7.50 at Homeless Despot yesterday. Still ludicrous, but trending the right way.
    30m of 8/3 NMD90 copper wire was about $160 a little over a year ago. (now out of stock so Home Depot shows the old price)
    40m of 8/3 NMD90 copper wire is about $485 this week -- if you can find anyone who has stock.
    https://www.homedepot.ca/product/sou...30m/1000534750

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingHigh View Post
    The main price increase was at the mills.
    I understand that the mills have lowered their prices, and large subdivision contractors are now getting normal priced lumber,
    but it hasn't worked its way through to lumberyards or retail like Home Depot etc yet.

The Gunsmithing Moderator blacksmithden's Avatar
    I live among the creatures of the night (Edmonton)
    Quote Originally Posted by RangeBob View Post
    The main price increase was at the mills.
    I understand that the mills have lowered their prices, and large subdivision contractors are now getting normal priced lumber,
    but it hasn't worked its way through to lumberyards or retail like Home Depot etc yet.
    Im not buying another stick of dimentional lumber until sanity returns. Im not expecting to see $3.15 2x4s (2018 price) again anytime soon, but I wont build a damned bird house until I see them under $5.00 again.
    GOC moderator
    Dealer/co-founder/co-owner of Tundra Supply Ltd.
    www.tundrasupply.ca
    June 2013 - The High River Gun Grab - NEVER FORGET !!!!
    Feb 26 2014 - Swiss Arms prohibition and ordered confiscation by the RCMP - NEVER FORGET !!!!!
    May 1 2020 - Liberal un-democratic mass prohibition order in council. - NEVER FORGET !!!!!

14. The Following User Liked This Post By blacksmithden

FlyingHigh (07-14-2021)