Page 166 of 168 FirstFirst ... 66116156162163164165166167168 LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,660 of 1675

Thread: Inflation

Quote Originally Posted by blacksmithden View Post
    ...Maybe when grandma and grandpa have to move in with their kids in order to survive, reality will start to set in.

Maybe when grandma and grandpa have to kick out the kids so they can rent out their rooms in order to survive, reality will start to set in.

2. The Following 3 Users Like This Post By Zinilin

blacksmithden (06-22-2022), harbl_the_cat (06-22-2022), Hillbillyreefer (06-22-2022)

The grandparents of the fools who keep voting for the liberals and ndp had better start letting those kids know the situation they're in and who's fault it really is. Maybe when grandma and grandpa have to move in with their kids in order to survive, reality will start to set in.
    And sadly, that generation of idiots have ruined it for those of us who've been responsible and tried, but now have to take in their parents...

4. The Following User Liked This Post By awndray

blacksmithden (06-22-2022)

The silver lining to inflation is that it likely is a poison pill the Liberals can't stomach (and could well take down their government).

"Justinflation" is really smart marketing.

Pierre sounds even more savage and Trudeau looks like an even bigger *sshat today.

That clip aged like fine wine.

So did this one - especially at the end.

Last edited by harbl_the_cat; 06-22-2022 at 02:14 PM.
    “It is more important to know what sort of person has a disease than to know what sort of disease a person has.” - Hippocrates

I was born a few days before 1984... but I never lived through it until 2022.

6. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By harbl_the_cat

LB303 (06-23-2022), M1917 Enfield (06-22-2022)

Imagine if Stats Canada included the price of powder and primers in their "basket" of goods. As usual, nobody thinks about us poor gun owners. All funning aside, this continent is in trouble right now and nobody seems to grasp just how much. I think the government is intentionally suppressing the real numbers to avoid a panic, but some people are starting to read the writing on the wall. The ones I feel the most sorry for are seniors. Being on a government pension and basically being completely ignored when it comes to indexing to the cost of living is a pretty crappy place to be in. The grandparents of the fools who keep voting for the liberals and ndp had better start letting those kids know the situation they're in and who's fault it really is. Maybe when grandma and grandpa have to move in with their kids in order to survive, reality will start to set in.
    There is a poll tracker somewhere that shows individual poll results. In the last couple Ontario elections, the very downtown was orange, everywhere else was blue, and there were several small dots that were red. Those are the retirement homes. They have their own polls usually. It's those idiots who have voted Liberal blindly their whole lives that brought it on themselves. I'm worried that I'm going to have to start supporting my parents very soon. If I don't tell them I'm coming, the fridge is completely empty. Then I'm going to have a problem retiring myself.

8. The Following User Liked This Post By Grimlock

M1917 Enfield (06-22-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Grimlock View Post
    There is a poll tracker somewhere that shows individual poll results. In the last couple Ontario elections, the very downtown was orange, everywhere else was blue, and there were several small dots that were red. Those are the retirement homes. They have their own polls usually. It's those idiots who have voted Liberal blindly their whole lives that brought it on themselves. I'm worried that I'm going to have to start supporting my parents very soon. If I don't tell them I'm coming, the fridge is completely empty. Then I'm going to have a problem retiring myself.
    I don't expect to ever retire... which is why I don't do "work" that makes me unhappy in any way.

If I'm going to "work" until the day I die, it better well not "feel" like work.

That's also why I don't work for money... because what most people think of as "money," I think of as inflatable government promises that can be broken arbitrarily without recourse...

I've thought that way for the past decade.

Honest money can't be counterfeit, which is why the best money is measured by weight and purity, not supply and liquidity.
    “It is more important to know what sort of person has a disease than to know what sort of disease a person has.” - Hippocrates

The local Lieberal candidate here always make's a big effort to go around the retirement homes to get their continued support every election!
    Warning! some sarcasm, facetious and jovial behavior, satire, irony, dry humor, playful banter and more may or may not be involved in my postings. Please read anything I have written as being said in the most joyful and happy voice you can imagine.

To whom it may concern: I hereby declare I am not responsible for the debts incurred by one Justin Trudeau!

There is a game the local political staffers here play. They all swear that the last candidate to visit a home is the one they vote for. They might be right.

Quote Originally Posted by M1917 Enfield View Post
    The local Lieberal candidate here always make's a big effort to go around the retirement homes to get their continued support every election!
    The federal Liberal candidate nearest me is telling retirement homes that federal Liberal candidate is working hard to get the crosswalks near the homes upgraded to lights. Hasn't done anything, but is taking credit for what is undoubtedly a solely municipal affair.

13. The Following User Liked This Post By RangeBob

M1917 Enfield (06-22-2022)

My friend in Poland called me today, inflation is nuts.

Coal up 400%
    Electricity up 49%

And Canada's inflation is 7.7%, I call Bull SH*T!!

15. The Following 3 Users Like This Post By Lee Enfield

Gaidheal (06-23-2022), Grey_Wolf (06-23-2022), Rory McCanuck (06-23-2022)

Was planning on a big road trip to B.C., took my motorhome to get an oil change and noticed it was running both rough, loud, and smelly.

At the shop, they noticed that the catalytic converters had recently been chopped off... guess I'll have to wait a few weeks before picking up some of fresh B.C. bud... but in the meantime, I was looking it up and I can see why.

Rhodium prices spiked to about $27k / oz in 2021 and are sitting at $14k / oz now. In years prior, it was pretty consistently at about $5k / oz.

If there's 1-2 grams of Rhodium per catalytic converter, each one has a melt value of $450-900 (at $14k / oz). If it takes 5 minutes to steal one and you can steal 5-10 of them in a night, the reward is greater than the risk of getting caught (vs when the melt value was about $200-400 each).

This is a pretty good example of what kind of behavior to expect during a hyperinflation.

Things that people previously didn't value, people will now consider so valuable, they'll risk stealing to get it...

I think the same thing will happen to other metals, especially copper and nickel...

This is why I try to bring back 30-40lbs of brass back from the range each time I go.

Brass is so undervalued people throw it in the trash.

I think it's not inconceivable in the near future people will pay top dollar for it.

On another note, Pierre's video quality is getting pretty good:

Last edited by harbl_the_cat; 06-28-2022 at 03:54 PM.