Page 48 of 52 FirstFirst ... 38444546474849505152 LastLast

Thread: Inflation

Quote Originally Posted by blacksmithden View Post
    I had a suede leather jacket from the Old Hide House in Action that did the same thing. I felt around that thing countless times but could never find it. Unfortunately, I was a 20 year old kid, so the suspicions that I was stealing something was always there. It always set off the ones in Pascals Hardware, Canadian Tire, and Kmart.
    Pascal's Hardware, that brings back memories.

I was there when they opened their store in Ottawa, on Merivale Rd. The guy who did that film about raising canada geese and teaching them to fly, was also a welder/artist, and he did up the massive welded art piece that flanked the doors.
    "When government grows, freedom shrinks." - US Senate candidate for Alaska, Kelly Tshibaka.

The Gunsmithing Moderator blacksmithden's Avatar
    I live among the creatures of the night (Edmonton)
    Quote Originally Posted by stevebc View Post
    Pascal's Hardware, that brings back memories.

I was there when they opened their store in Ottawa, on Merivale Rd. The guy who did that film about raising canada geese and teaching them to fly, was also a welder/artist, and he did up the massive welded art piece that flanked the doors.
    That was Bill Lichman of Port Perry Ontario. Ironically, Mr Conservation's wife owned and operated Lichman Furs (specialized in very expensive woven beaver skin coats and hats) right on the main drag. Lol.
    Last edited by blacksmithden; 09-13-2021 at 02:52 PM.
    GOC moderator
    Dealer/co-founder/co-owner of Tundra Supply Ltd.
    www.tundrasupply.ca
    June 2013 - The High River Gun Grab - NEVER FORGET !!!!
    Feb 26 2014 - Swiss Arms prohibition and ordered confiscation by the RCMP - NEVER FORGET !!!!!
    May 1 2020 - Liberal un-democratic mass prohibition order in council. - NEVER FORGET !!!!!

3. The Following User Liked This Post By blacksmithden

Swampdonkey (09-14-2021)

That was Bill Lichman of Port Perry Ontario. Ironically, Mr Conservation's wife owned and operated Lichman Furs (specialized in very expensive woven beaver skin coats and hats) right on the main drag. Lol.
    I think you will find his name was Bill Lishman and his wife was Paula Lishman, a fashion designer and president of the Fur Council of Canada. Bill was known to eat "trouble makers" among the Canada geese on his farm. He passed away in 2017.

http://www.paulalishman.com/index.shtml
    Warning! some sarcasm, facetious and jovial behavior, satire, irony, dry humor, playful banter and more may or may not be involved in my postings. Please read anything I have written as being said in the most joyful and happy voice you can imagine.

To whom it may concern: I hereby declare I am not responsible for the debts incurred by one Justin Trudeau!

The Gunsmithing Moderator blacksmithden's Avatar
    I live among the creatures of the night (Edmonton)
    Quote Originally Posted by M1917 Enfield View Post
    I think you will find his name was Bill Lishman and his wife was Paula Lishman, a fashion designer and president of the Fur Council of Canada. Bill was known to eat "trouble makers" among the Canada geese on his farm. He passed away in 2017.

http://www.paulalishman.com/index.shtml
    I lived in Port Perry for a little over a year back around 1993. All this time and all I did was misspell his name by one letter ? Not too bad. Lol.
    GOC moderator
    Dealer/co-founder/co-owner of Tundra Supply Ltd.
    www.tundrasupply.ca
    June 2013 - The High River Gun Grab - NEVER FORGET !!!!
    Feb 26 2014 - Swiss Arms prohibition and ordered confiscation by the RCMP - NEVER FORGET !!!!!
    May 1 2020 - Liberal un-democratic mass prohibition order in council. - NEVER FORGET !!!!!

6. The Following User Liked This Post By blacksmithden

M1917 Enfield (09-13-2021)

I lived in Port Perry for a little over a year back around 1993. All this time and all I did was misspell his name by one letter ? Not too bad. Lol.
    You did well Blacksmithben!
    Warning! some sarcasm, facetious and jovial behavior, satire, irony, dry humor, playful banter and more may or may not be involved in my postings. Please read anything I have written as being said in the most joyful and happy voice you can imagine.

To whom it may concern: I hereby declare I am not responsible for the debts incurred by one Justin Trudeau!

8. The Following 4 Users Like This Post By M1917 Enfield

blacksmithden (09-13-2021), Camo tung (09-13-2021), infidel29 (09-15-2021), stevebc (09-13-2021)

I was at the electrical supply store today picking up some unistrut and conduit. The salesman tells me that the pvc conduit manufacturer told them that they won't be accepting any orders from them or anyone in Canada for at least a month. All of their stock will be going towards hurricane rebuilds in the US. If you are needing any conduit or other supplies I'd gather them now while there is still some stock to be had.

As for pricing I actually don't know what I paid since I forgot to ask and I just get a shipping label at the time. They email me a bill later on.
    Lifetime Member PAPRC, SHA
    Member NFA, NRA, SRAC, FMFG, SFC

Consumer prices rise 5.3% annually in August

The Labor Department said Tuesday that the consumer price index rose 5.3% year over year last month, matching economists’ expectations. Prices increased 0.3% month over month, slower than the 0.4% gain that was anticipated.

Quote Originally Posted by M1917 Enfield View Post
    Twice now I have bought some T-bone steak at Walmart while shopping there in the last month or two and on each occasion the loss prevention buzzer goes off as I walk through on leaving. Both times the security guard asks me did I buy meat and when I say yes he asks to see my bill and the says fine your good to go. Last time I asked him is this going to happen each time I buy meat and he said yes as that is now their most stolen or shoplifted item from Walmart.

When I got home I found those white Loss Prevention tags that you often find on expensive items in shops attached under the plastic on my meat trays. Things are getting bad when basic uncooked food is your most stolen/shoplifted item.
    In one of my previous lives I did security/loss prevention. Meat is absolutely the #1 stolen item in grocery stores, has been for decades. Yellow scope is also high on the list. Apparently those who are poor, disenfranchised and enjoy the imbibement of said scope for their daily buzz prefer the taste of that the most. That's why some places lock it up.
    Pump actions speak louder than words

moved close to the lake.Some call it Gilford.
    Shopping today for potatoes. WTH?! $7.99 for a 10 pound bag? Looks like I will be dipping into my rice and dried bean reserves for a while.
    GET OFF MY LAWN!

Quote Originally Posted by FALover View Post
    Shopping today for potatoes. WTH?! $7.99 for a 10 pound bag? Looks like I will be dipping into my rice and dried bean reserves for a while.
    Let's invade PEI.

14. The Following 4 Users Like This Post By Grimlock

chrisc (09-15-2021), Gaidheal (09-15-2021), IJ22 (09-15-2021), stevebc (09-15-2021)