Page 49 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051 LastLast

Thread: Inflation

Quote Originally Posted by FALover View Post
    Shopping today for potatoes. WTH?! $7.99 for a 10 pound bag? Looks like I will be dipping into my rice and dried bean reserves for a while.
    Where the hell are you shopping?

The No Frills near you has a 10lb bag for $1.87, and they are fresh... I bought a bag of these this week:

We always buy our Potatoes at No Frills as well. I thought I read some place recently that it was a bumper Potato Crop this year.

E-mail I dug up from 2011:

I will check tomorrow but I think I have an 8 lb of A2230, which is very popular and $22.00/lb in 8 lb jug.

Flat of primers and 5M 224 – 55 FMJ bullet, we will go $90.00 on 5,000, primers are $29.00/flat.

Since you’re buying 5,000 bulk[bullets], I will reduce to $90.00/1000 from the $100.00 I quoted you on the phone for 2,000. Kurt
    1 lbs of of A2230 today: $54.99 vs $22.00 10 years ago: 146% increase
    Small rifle primers: $50 / 1000 ($0.05 / primer) vs $29/1000 ($0.029 / primer) 10 years ago: 72% price increase
    55 gn FMJ bullets: $99 / 500 ($0.198 / bullet) vs $90 / 1000 ($0.09 / bullet) 10 years ago: 120% increase

Damn... I wish I bought more...

Using the CUPE's inflation calculator here: https://cupe.ca/cpi-calculator

If you're salary increased proportionally to Canada's compounded annual inflation rate (1.63%), you're salary would have increased 16.63% in the same time interval.

Quote Originally Posted by infidel29 View Post
    In one of my previous lives I did security/loss prevention. Meat is absolutely the #1 stolen item in grocery stores, has been for decades. Yellow scope is also high on the list. Apparently those who are poor, disenfranchised and enjoy the imbibement of said scope for their daily buzz prefer the taste of that the most. That's why some places lock it up.
    Lemon Pledge used to be popular with the huffers. Regular (unscented?) was no go.

The Gunsmithing Moderator blacksmithden's Avatar
    I live among the creatures of the night (Edmonton)
    Quote Originally Posted by LB303 View Post
    Lemon Pledge used to be popular with the huffers. Regular (unscented?) was no go.
    Apparently Lysol spray has a high percentage of drinkable alcohol in it too, and is popular with bottomed out alcoholics. I cant even imagine how low someone has to be in order to get to that point in life.
    GOC moderator
    Dealer/co-founder/co-owner of Tundra Supply Ltd.
    www.tundrasupply.ca
    June 2013 - The High River Gun Grab - NEVER FORGET !!!!
    Feb 26 2014 - Swiss Arms prohibition and ordered confiscation by the RCMP - NEVER FORGET !!!!!
    May 1 2020 - Liberal un-democratic mass prohibition order in council. - NEVER FORGET !!!!!

It is pretty pathetic the depths people sink to to feed their addictions.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to do some work in someone's septic tank so I can make enough money to shoot in a trap tournament tomorrow.
    Why does the rest of the country get first dibbs on half my income?

7. The Following 9 Users Like This Post By Dewey Cox

awndray (09-17-2021), blacksmithden (09-17-2021), chrisc (09-18-2021), Grimlock (09-17-2021), Hillbillyreefer (09-17-2021), IJ22 (09-17-2021), lone-wolf (09-17-2021), M1917 Enfield (09-17-2021), Rory McCanuck (09-18-2021)

Aqua Velva, vanilla extract, hand sanitizer etc. Life is hard for some people.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisc View Post
    I was at the electrical supply store today picking up some unistrut and conduit. The salesman tells me that the pvc conduit manufacturer told them that they won't be accepting any orders from them or anyone in Canada for at least a month. All of their stock will be going towards hurricane rebuilds in the US. If you are needing any conduit or other supplies I'd gather them now while there is still some stock to be had.

As for pricing I actually don't know what I paid since I forgot to ask and I just get a shipping label at the time. They email me a bill later on.

I installed a short run yesterday from the house to the shed outside. They are literally separated by three feet. The fittings cost me as much as the pre-packaged bag of nmwu 14/2. I remember when I installed security cameras in my old place, the plastic conduit components cost next to nothing, and were basically an afterthought.

I didn't even use a gfci, as the plug is inside the shed, and it's mostly to run little things like chargers.
    And yet, after nearly 10 years of government by Stephen Harper and his anti-choice army, you can still get an abortion in Canada. At this point, the political right’s agenda is so well hidden Sherlock Holmes couldn’t find it with a Huawei P30 powered by a trillion Watsons.

Quote Originally Posted by firemachine69 View Post
    I didn't even use a gfci, as the plug is inside the shed, and it's mostly to run little things like chargers.
    Electrical code was changed a few years ago. New receptacle's in garages need GFCI.

Quote Originally Posted by RangeBob View Post
    Electrical code was changed a few years ago. New receptacle's in garages need GFCI.
    I always follow code, especially when it makes no sense. Things are getting ridiculous. Are you even allowed a standard breaker anywhere now?
    When I moved in to current house, I spent the first winter upgrading things from "unsafe, ready to catch fire" to "meets code from when the house was built".