Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
    Nothing wrong with using two guns, especially if they work for you. It's hard to argue with inkballs.

I'd still be interested in how POI testing turns out. Another thing you could try is to lock the trap to throw straight aways on 3 and see how the sight picture compares between the two to smoke a bird

As for hearing protection I use the disposable foam plugs. For me ear muffs hit the stock and ride up reducing their usefulness
    In spite of all of man's grandiose achievements, he owes his continued existence to six inches of topsoil and the fact that it rains.

Hello R&R,

I have been away from the computer for a couple days and have just been able to log back in.

That is a great idea. I did not think of holding the trap to throw straight aways and stand on 3. I will be able to get a practical sight picture. For that, I should be able to force myself to hold lower with the Citori. I will still be heading to the paper stand to look at the POI differences between the two side by side on the same day. This has fallen down the priority list but I should be able to have this done by mid to late August.

Up until now, the ear muffs have been working. I have used the disposable foam plugs last week and I think I may need a different designed plug as it did not sit correctly in my left ear. This can also just be a practice thing. I will insert them more often at home.

The inkballs are beautiful...especially when there are 5 in a row.

Last night was the end of our Big 50’s ATA targets. I’ve really enjoyed shooting where scores are recorded rather than just shooting practice. I’ve seen a steady improvement in my singles and handicap. Doubles is another story. I know fatigue played a part in some poor scores. Last night all my handicap was shot with me as the only shooter and my singles were with one other. I would say those 4 rounds were shot in less than 45 minutes, the whole 150 rounds in less than an hour. My last round was handicap from the 25 yard line and I was only down 3 birds going onto the last post and then dropped 4 there. I just couldn’t focus like I needed to and any mistake back there is a lost bird.

The guy running the program is debating running some more later this summer and I really hope he does.
    In spite of all of man's grandiose achievements, he owes his continued existence to six inches of topsoil and the fact that it rains.

I know I am working up my stamina but that can be a lot. I have trouble when I shoot too many rounds back to back to stay focused on the line. I hate when I drop 2 at a station but I know when I do that I have lost my focus.

It was a great day at the line today. We are only shooting practice but we might start some satellite shoots with score submission in order to have some league shooting this year. They did cancel the training session in August. It is to be rescheduled before the start of the season next year.

The 1100 is feeling right for singles. I have found the next groove with it. Started a little slow with a 22 but refocused and shot a 24 in singles. I really wanted to shoot some handicap. There is one guy with a registered handicap distance of 21 yards, so we shot that. It was a good feeling with getting 23 of them and 1 was my total fault by squeezing behind the target.

I am feeling more confident and I may look at getting some registered targets with the ATA. Things are starting to progress and the confidence is coming back. 'Black Beauty' does turn a lot of heads with the unconventional form but when the clay's start inkballing, opinions start to change. It does stand out at the club as I am the only one shooting a non-break action gun. I am hoping when things start returning that it will not be as noticeable.

I will just need to pick up a Hiviz magnetic fibre sight for the Citori. I think that will help. The balsa wood is still in the works with the POI testing but the worst thing is I had one of the sights and gave it away as it did not work for me on the 1100. It was opposite to what I needed on the 1100. It went to a good home and it is being used on a Winchester 101 but again, I will need to go buy another one.

I did try another guys gun today and with the focus and leaving 2 inches between the bird and the bead, I broke the two birds that I attempted.

I do appreciate the time that both of you (R&R and Dewey) have put into my problems and help me understand my issues. It has help me understand to enjoy the hobby and I am now having fun again. Now I have come back to 'my' baseline and will hope to improve from here with now using the information that I have gathered with the Citori that I am using with the 1100.

5. The Following User Liked This Post By cowboy01

R&R Rancher (08-01-2021)

Oldman River Gun Club is holding their annual shoot near Lundbreck AB on Aug 7th. Details at OMRGC.COM

I will be in attendance.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910