Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213
    Maybe I need to sign up right now and get your old new number R&R. It might bring me good luck.

Trust me. You don’t want my luck!
    In spite of all of man's grandiose achievements, he owes his continued existence to six inches of topsoil and the fact that it rains.

3. The Following User Liked This Post By R&R Rancher

cowboy01 (09-21-2021)

Well, we put the club to bed on Sunday.
    We had a bit of a turkey shoot and shot some annie oakleys, 27yrd doubles, sliders, quail walk, miss and out, buddy shoot, and whatever else people came up with.
    Beautiful day.
    I did some great shooting, and some not so great shooting.

Stettler is half an hour away, and they say they're leaving their machines in for a bit yet. So maybe I can get another round or 2 in before spring.
    Why does the rest of the country get first dibbs on half my income?

5. The Following User Liked This Post By Dewey Cox

cowboy01 (10-22-2021)

We’ve been able to shoot all this time too. Hope we have at least a couple of more weekends before reality strikes and winter sets in
    In spite of all of man's grandiose achievements, he owes his continued existence to six inches of topsoil and the fact that it rains.

This weekend is the last of the league shoots. We have only had 3 this year and this will be the first one that we will all be together as the other 2 have been satellite shoots. In previous years, they have not closed trap, they will just have practice shoots every other Sunday. I hope they keep that up this year. Up until last weekend, we have not shot there in over a month between busy schedules and no one there to open the houses.

That trigger finger gets pretty itchy when the weather is nice and clays will fly straight. I solved some of the itchiness by spending a few hours on the rifle range.

Well, I sh!t the bed yesterday. Different atmosphere and I didn't sleep well the night before (I know that I am starting with the excuses). I just lost focus as the day moved forward and my score reflected it (96 out of 125). Just when you think you have started to figure things out, reality comes in and shows you that it was all an allusion. I know I need more rounds to help with consistency.

The two singles rounds were ok but the handicap and doubles were ridiculous. I know where I will be spending the winter (standing back and seeing two birds). I need to develop a rhythm that will allow me to become more consistent with doubles. I know that this will be with more rounds shot, so I will need more time.

There will be more video watching to see if I can get any more out of the information now that I know a little. D. Lee Braun and myself will become acquainted, again.

At least it will give me a reason to continue to go all winter (like I would need it).

I thought season was over. Clubhouse is shut down but members can open the fields and shoot if they have prepaid rounds on their card. Today was a beautiful day, calm sunny and 12 degrees, incredible weather for November. 3 of us hit the skeet field first. I shot the first round using the 410 tubes and was less than happy with my shooting. I only had one box of 410 along so I changed to the 28 gauge tubes. Managed to run the 25! First time in a long time at skeet, first time with the 3200 and first time using the 28 gauge!

We then opened the trap house and shot 2 rounds from the 16. Since this was a have fun kind of day I had left the TMX at home and brought out my old1100. Did reasonably well with it, swung well, but the grip felt oddly narrow after all the years of shooting the TMX. Shot what will likely be my last round of 2021 from the 27. Not sure if I hit 20, but did run posts 2 and 5. All in all a very good end to the season.

10. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By R&R Rancher

Dewey Cox (11-07-2021), ESnel (11-07-2021)

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213