Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Calibre Issue #2: March 2013

Well folks, we're sorry for neglecting all you Gun Owners of Canada guys and gals... after the SHOT-apalooza, your's truly was laid up in bed for days with the flu to end all flus. But we're back at it now, and I personally am optimistic that issue number two will be even better than the first.

So far, we're expanding on the new products section with a page of small, hands-on reviews that'll fly under the banner of "The Range Bag;" the premise being that the products tested and reviewed are of an ilk that they might find their way into your range bag. This next issue, we'll be reviewing the Victorinox Swisstool Spirit X, as well as another top-secret thingamabob that we'll unveil at a later date.

While we're on the subject of reviews, the next product up for review in the March issue will be none other than the M84 Scorpion; a gun that's actually surprised the living crap out of me. We've already delved into a bit of its history not unlike what we penned with the Suomi review, and plan to shoot the ever loving crap out of the thing... mostly because it feels like it's going to be a hoot and a half to shoot, but hey, we'll make sure to put it through it's paces too!

After last issue's most popular article seemed to be the newbie-friendly piece that defined pistol actions, we'll again be working on something for the new shooters out there, this time tackling the subject of sporting shotguns; what makes a skeet gun different from a trap or sporting clays gun, while also helping define and explain that nebulous term "shotgun fit."

But the big beast of an article in this next issue's going to be a huge rifle extravaganza: The 5 Rifles Canadians Should Own. We won't give 'em away (although those that have liked us on Facebook can probably tell what they are), but suffice to say I am personally pretty confident that although long, it'll be pretty damned interesting article for your perusal. Want to know more? I'll tell you that one of the guns was designed by a surprising Canadian Olympian, while another's design benefited from the attention of the five most prolific American gun makers in history. And that's just two of the five!

Add in the factory feature we're doing on MDT, a review of Grand Power's new pistol line coming to Canada, as well as the familiar optic and ammunition features and a few others, and I think this issue's going to be pretty popular.

Next week we'll update this thread again with some business stuff pertaining to delivery and distribution, as we should have some news on those fronts. In the meantime, please feel free to leave as much feedback, complaints, whines, compliments, or random-ass comments below. And as always, if you like what we're giving you and want it to stay not only in existence but also free, tell your local shop to give us a call and buy an ad; they start at just $175, and they're a great way to get some additional exposure!

Cheers, and thanks for all your support guys.
    Proudly publishing Calibre; The Canadian Firearm Publication, online at www.calibremag.ca!

Like us on Facebook or Instagram to follow along with what's new around the office, as well as to get a glimpse into what goes into producing a gun publication.
    Follow us on Twitter @calibremag to enjoy all the stuff that's deemed too unprofessional for Facebook!

www.saskatoongunworks.com/ blaxsun's Avatar
    Where is Calibre available? Any newsstands, or electronically as a PDF? I saw the first issue in Saskatchewan just on an off-chance when someone left a copy behind at one of the retailers I frequent.
    "Before me things create were none, save things Eternal,
    and eternal I endure. All hope abandon ye who enter here."

Ah ha! It probably wasn't a copy someone left behind; we actually distribute the vast majority of our copies via firearms retailers. My logic was that active gun owners frequent gun shops, so if I put the magazine into those same gun shops, it'd get picked up by those gun owners that are actually spending money on the hobby, which is good for advertisers. We've got a map of locations that received copies and were distributing them here, but I can't guarantee they'll all have copies left! We're sending out another wave next week though.
    Proudly publishing Calibre; The Canadian Firearm Publication, online at www.calibremag.ca!

Like us on Facebook or Instagram to follow along with what's new around the office, as well as to get a glimpse into what goes into producing a gun publication.
    Follow us on Twitter @calibremag to enjoy all the stuff that's deemed too unprofessional for Facebook!

Add Saskatoon Gun Works to the list. That's where I found the copy.

From your map i see the Saskatoon gunsmith shoppe is where they are so i won`t get a copy. I rarely go their as i belive in the old adage screw me once shame on you screw me twice why the hell did i go back for more screwing. North Pro is a great store to go to just real small.

Well there's at least one shop here in Halifax Metro that gets them. It'll be a miracle that I'm actually there when the magazines are as I only make it in about once a quarter. A downloadable PDF copy would be ideal.
    Retired Soldier. Retired Engineer. Always a professional.

Webmaster for
    CANFIRE - Canada's Firearm Internet Resource
    IPSC Nova Scotia
    CANFIRE BLog

Heard about your magazine but haven't actually seen it yet. I live in SW Ontario near Windsor. Maybe you could get some distribution down here. at least 5 gun clubs in the area. Lots of shooters.
    thanx

Second the suggestion for a PDF version.

Third for a PDF... or add mail order subscription :-)
    Co-Host Canadian Service Conditions Radio and Black Rifle lover!

do the PDF thing please.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast