Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by RangeBob View Post
    A problem with ammo might be with American Border Guards. i.e. is it illegal for you to export ammo, due to American law?

On the Canadian side any individual can import up to 5,000 rounds of small arms cartridges into Canada without an import permit if they are for personal use. I have no idea what CBSA's interpretation of that law is.
    I hadn't thought about checking with our laws about taking guns and ammo out of the US. I guess it's just one more thing for me to do. I'm sure glad I like to plan things ahead of time.

I added some more to post #30

Quote Originally Posted by morrcarr67 View Post

The only thing I was/am a little concerned about is the ammo. I asked the lady in BC if it was OK for me to bring in ammo for my gun while I was crossing over to AK. She told me that it was OK so long as I wasn't bring in a ton of ammo, BUT that it was up to the people at the boarder crossing. So that should be interesting. I hope I don't have any problems. I'm only planning on traveling with 25 rounds defensive ammo, enough to fill the magazines that I carry plus one in the chamber. And, before you ask I do know that I can't travel with it loaded while in Canada.

I'd like to thank all of you have taken the time to help me make my trip across your country without getting into trouble.

Jesse

Did you ask them about magazine limits in Canada? Can you travel through with magazines that hold over 10 rounds? As mentioned somewhere above, mags over 10 round capacity are prohibited.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234