Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by M1917 Enfield View Post
    New Zealand first banned semi autos then when their Horse Face PM recently got reelected with another majority she then pushed through a expanded ban which now included all pump action firearms too.

I bet JT thought to himself I can do better than that when I get reelected with a majority next time round to!
    ... at least here in Canada we're fighting the ban OIC that coward turdo imposed while hiding behind the pandemic in court .... the kiwis pussied out without even as much as a whimper as did the aussis before them ... wonder how many banned guns were actually surrendered?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazyjax99 View Post
    Semis maybe. I feel like we're still a bit away from pumps. Couldn't even hazard a guess about how many 12g pumps there are in Canada.
    Not if Trudeau follows Horse Face's play book after he gets his majority next election ... pumps are already banned in NZ.
    If we prove out to be nutless "subjects" like the kiwis (jury still out) we deserve to lose them.
    Haven't heard much about any May 1 OIC court appeal ... possible it's dead already?

Quote Originally Posted by M1917 Enfield View Post
    I bought both a 16" barrel SS Rossi 38/357 and a 16" barrel SS Rossi 44mag lever action when they used to sell for about $500 each new and they are the Bees knees.

Reliable, strong actions, no plastic parts (except for the mag follower which I replaced with SS), light and easy to carry all day long, light and crisp triggers, plenty of power and large mag cap and easy to shoot, what is there not to like about them? And as a bonus they seem to get better with use as they are now way smoother to cycle and load. Also mounted a rear peep sight after removing where the stupid firing pin safety was to make them fast and accurate in the bush.
    I have been looking at getting one of them new Rossi R92 in either 357 or 44 mag. They are just over 1000 new now so I am debating on waiting for Marlin to start making 1894's again or just buy a Rossi now.

Quote Originally Posted by oilman28 View Post
    I have been looking at getting one of them new Rossi R92 in either 357 or 44 mag. They are just over 1000 new now so I am debating on waiting for Marlin to start making 1894's again or just buy a Rossi now.
    You might find that by the time the Marlin 1894's are for sale in Canada that they are asking around $2000 each with exchange rate, shipping and taxes factored in!

Plus they probably wont be selling such a light and super handy 16" barrel length one like the Rossi either.
    Warning! some sarcasm, facetious and jovial behavior, satire, irony, dry humor, playful banter and more may or may not be involved in my postings. Please read anything I have written as being said in the most joyful and happy voice you can imagine.

To whom it may concern: I hereby declare I am not responsible for the debts incurred by one Justin Trudeau!

5. The Following User Liked This Post By M1917 Enfield

oilman28 (01-14-2022)

I watched a YouTube video of Hickok45 running a Rossi copy of the 1892. He had some loading problems more than once. Discussions online about this firearm mention a set of mods or gunsmith help to make the Rossi into a nicely functioning 1892. I figure for $700 more, I can just have the Winchester copy of the Winchester 1873 and it just works flawlessly out of the box. Zero chance of a "whoops, I ruined it", which I'm more willing to risk while doing my own work on a sub $600 rifle. The Winchesters are not cheap, but that's the nature of appreciated firearms - the demand maintains that price point such that they have no need to bring it down.

I had one Rossi and quality wasn't what it brought to mind
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

"It must be poor life that achieves freedom from fear" - Aldo Leopold

8. The Following User Liked This Post By lone-wolf

Rory McCanuck (01-14-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by labradort View Post
    I watched a YouTube video of Hickok45 running a Rossi copy of the 1892. He had some loading problems more than once. Discussions online about this firearm mention a set of mods or gunsmith help to make the Rossi into a nicely functioning 1892. I figure for $700 more, I can just have the Winchester copy of the Winchester 1873 and it just works flawlessly out of the box. Zero chance of a "whoops, I ruined it", which I'm more willing to risk while doing my own work on a sub $600 rifle. The Winchesters are not cheap, but that's the nature of appreciated firearms - the demand maintains that price point such that they have no need to bring it down.

The only Rossi R92s I have found in stock were around 1100 or so. I may just watch for a used Winchester or Marlin. Or browse some smaller gun shops in Sask that don't do online sales.

Both my Rossi's are more than enough accurate and feed very well as long as you make sure you load the magazine right and push the cartridges in so that they catch on the cartridge stop.

I had a friend who owned a Rossi who told me it kept jamming on him, I asked to see his Rossi the next time we went shooting and it worked fine for me and he was amazed. I then asked him to show me how he loads and uses it and found he was not loading it right.

Every Rossi that comes up on the CGN EE sells within a week, so they cant be that bad and now you seldom see them for sale on the EE anymore as everybody is hanging onto them.

Watch this video to see what I mean about loading them right.

Warning! some sarcasm, facetious and jovial behavior, satire, irony, dry humor, playful banter and more may or may not be involved in my postings. Please read anything I have written as being said in the most joyful and happy voice you can imagine.

To whom it may concern: I hereby declare I am not responsible for the debts incurred by one Justin Trudeau!

Re: Target Suite video...

These guys in the US with no backstop concept at all in their range set up drive me nuts. This guy has a driveway in his wooded property he is shooting across. He doesn't see anything wrong with that. Others have big fields, but in the background you can see there are houses along a road on the edge of the field perhaps 1KM away.

My preference is just having reliability. My wife finds the 10/22 difficult to operate, but she can load and fire the Winchester 1873 intuitively. In my mind, other than using it at a range where one has all the time in the world, a gun may need to be available and ready, so I don't want guns with caveats.

Some people put up with equipment they will fiddle with to get it going. It's probably even enjoyable for them to do small engine repair, spray a little Quickstart every time, etc. They might have a laptop with a key missing and don't mind. They might buy cheap Chinese stuff at Princess Auto and put up with it, because it was cheaper. I tend towards things that just work.

Quote Originally Posted by oilman28 View Post
    The only Rossi R92s I have found in stock were around 1100 or so. I may just watch for a used Winchester or Marlin. Or browse some smaller gun shops in Sask that don't do online sales.
    Yeah, I think you're on the right track with no online stores. Online is the low hanging fruit when people look for firearms or ammo. I was able to locate 357 Mag ammo with a local store having no online sales.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast