Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The best trickler I have found is a 243 case.
    Throw a charge into it and just roll it between the fingers to trickle.
    Very seldomly do I overshoot the goal, usually I can trickle individual kernels, especially coarser stuff like 4350 or 7828.
    The SSCs are a touch trickier, but not such a big deal.

And yes, my charges are less than a line's width from zero on a 5-10, so 1 or 2 100ths?
    Don't blame me, I didn't vote for that clown. Oct 20, '15

2. The Following User Liked This Post By Rory McCanuck

6MT (05-03-2021)

I guess I really am anal retentive....always looking for a perfect throw.

But...I like my ES numbers small. Consistency...it's all about consistency.

4. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By 6MT

Lee Enfield (05-08-2021), Rory McCanuck (05-03-2021)

New LRA F-class bipod just arrived for the new build.

6. The Following 3 Users Like This Post By 6MT

LB303 (Yesterday), Rory McCanuck (05-08-2021), Sabio (05-08-2021)

Damn it! I need a new case. I can’t close the case for this thing with the new wider bipod.

first world problem

8. The Following User Liked This Post By 6MT

Rory McCanuck (05-09-2021)

Ok...first issue with this monster...

You can see the butt stock in this picture. It is fixed and causes issues cleaning the barrel. In order to use a cleaning rod from the rear, the fixed butt stock has to be removed. It sits too high to be able to use a rod from the rear. Cadex does not offer a folding option with the Tac30 chassis.

This is a real pain because of the Allen head fastener used and where it’s located. You need to use an Allen key and because of the small space, you can only do quarter turns to remove the screw. Frustrating....and time consuming. Not to mention the fact that you need to be very careful that you don’t mark the finish on the skeleton stock with the Allen key when removing the screw (with every painstaking quarter turn movement).

Enter Ryan at MDT with a solution. They have a folding stock adapter that works with the Cadex TAC30 chassis. This particular one is the fixed/fixed with the double lock option. (It locks closed and open.)

It is perfect! It does make the length of pull longer by around an inch and a half or so. But the adjustment on the skeleton stock takes up the extra length.

It is an elegant solution to this issue. Thank you Ryan and MDT for thinking of this!

Glad to see that fixed MT. Just for interest sake, another solution is to use a "flexible cleaning rod".....a piece of appropriate size plastic airline, which I know you would have access to. Use the largest size you can for the caliber of the bore, and if needed glue in a 1" piece of 1/4" in the end and brushes/jags will screw right in. You can push damn near as hard as a rod so works surprisingly well.

I came up with this for use on lever guns and such back in the day. (Not that I claim to have invented the idea.)
    50BMG - Too big for Justins joules.

11. The Following User Liked This Post By Dmay

6MT (Yesterday)

Sounds like a good idea Darrel. I must say that removing that butt stock was a real hassle. Especially when doing barrel break-in at the range. That was a long and boring day.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12