Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug_M View Post
    Right...almost 100,000 doctors in Canada alone, and they are all censored. Facepalm indeed.
    ...and how many of those doctors have even the bandwidth, much less the inclination or even the specific subset of skills to be able to even conduct any sort of independent investigation in the first place? A very tiny number.
    Not to mention that they're almost all receiving their bread and butter from a handful of employers, namely the provincial health ministries, and said ministries have already made it clear that they will tolerate no dissent in the ranks, as has already been pointed out.
    As everyone knows, if you ever want to stifle innovation, just put the government in charge of it.

Anyway, there is no point in arguing all this. Your mind is made up, so get the jab. Hopefully for your sake there are no adverse effects months down the road. For me, my mind is also made up. I am not getting this jab no way, no how. I don't trust it, and I don't trust the sales pitch in overdrive related to this vaccine.
    Exactly this.
    And for the record I really hope to be wrong about these shots. But I'm not going to be joining the parade either.
    Last edited by Edward Teach; 05-03-2021 at 06:01 PM.
    Know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til you understand who's in ruttin command here.

2. The Following User Liked This Post By Edward Teach

Swampdonkey (05-03-2021)

Also, you seem to have a lot of over confidence in doctors and their intelligence. I know first hand there are an awful lot of stupid and incompetent doctors out there; I've dealt with a number of them.

Many fail miserably at logic; the old doctors like to refer to some of the newer doctors as 'google doctors'... as in they just google the symptoms and prescribe medicine. They passed their courses by memorizing, not learning or thinking. But I guess that is what happens when education is setup to reward regurgitation versus actually thinking.

4. The Following 6 Users Like This Post By chuckufarlie

Edward Teach (05-03-2021), firemachine69 (05-05-2021), Hidyn (05-04-2021), Rory McCanuck (05-03-2021), Scotlas (05-04-2021), Swampdonkey (05-03-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by NavyCuda View Post
    Thatís why itís the mark of the beast.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckufarlie View Post
    I still think you have it a bit wrong...

CDC lists deaths from vaccine at 3848: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...se-events.html
    Deaths from those who were vaccinated then got covid and died is something like 138...

So to be fair, you have to add the two... as you can't possibly die from covid if you already died from the vaccine.
    Sure, so...3980 (vax deaths + covid after vax deaths) divided by 95 million vaccinated (at time of CDC publication) * 100 = 0.004% so a 99.996% chance of not dying from covid after vaccination.

And those are the 'reported cases'... as long as you presume that every death that occurred due the vaccine is actually being reported as such. I wonder how many States don't have accurate tracking of who got the vaccine, so when the corpse arrives on the autopsy table two weeks later the doctor doing the autopsy had no idea the corpse had been vaccinated?
    No doubt there is a margin of error. The questions is how big and again I showed that if the error is in the order 100x (which is a massive margin of error) that the percent is still small. That would be 0.418% in this case or 99.6% chance of not dying from covid after vaccination.

Anyway, there is no point in arguing all this. Your mind is made up, so get the jab. Hopefully for your sake there are no adverse effects months down the road. For me, my mind is also made up. I am not getting this jab no way, no how. I don't trust it, and I don't trust the sales pitch in overdrive related to this vaccine.
    I wouldn't want it any other way. I am 100% against forced vaccination.

Also, you seem to have a lot of over confidence in doctors and their intelligence. I know first hand there are an awful lot of stupid and incompetent doctors out there; I've dealt with a number of them.

Many fail miserably at logic; the old doctors like to refer to some of the newer doctors as 'google doctors'... as in they just google the symptoms and prescribe medicine. They passed their courses by memorizing, not learning or thinking. But I guess that is what happens when education is setup to reward regurgitation versus actually thinking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edward Teach View Post
    ...and how many of those doctors have even the bandwidth, much less the inclination or even the specific subset of skills to be able to even conduct any sort of independent investigation in the first place? A very tiny number.
    Not to mention that they're almost all receiving their bread and butter from a handful of employers, namely the provincial health ministries, and said ministries have already made it clear that they will tolerate no dissent in the ranks, as has already been pointed out.
    As everyone knows, if you ever want to stifle innovation, just put the government in charge of it.
    I don't wholly disagree. But my confidence is not in doctors per se but in statistics. If just 1 percent of doctors were intelligent, competent, capable and free to criticize (in Canada alone) that would be 1000. 1 tenth of a percent and there should be 100 Canadian doctors alone warning Canadians.

At the end of the day these are indeed rushed vaccines and people need to weigh the risks vs benefits. But there is a ton of noise in the ether and a lot of FUD. Just look at previous GOC posts where people were saying mRNA alters one's DNA.
    It is baffling why a government so acutely aware of inter-generational fairness when it comes to global warming, is so ill-disposed toward the idea when it comes to fiscal discipline. -John Ivison

I’m just finding it odd that they’re reinstalling one 9f the earliest vectors to a vulnerable population. Even with all/most vaccinated, there will now be more carriers back into prime targets of Covid. Especially of variants that will likely be resistant to the vaccine.

It’s likely due to pressure due to staffing shortages, but if we’ve mobilized the military to help run testing and vaccination sites, why not here?

Quote Originally Posted by Doug_M View Post
    I am 100% against forced vaccination.
    +1. No one here is demanding people be held down and vaccinated against their will. The anti-vaxxers however need to understand that the shot brings with it certain privileges they may be denied such as admission to foreign countries and certain domestic venues. No shirt, no shoes, no shot, no service.

Quote Originally Posted by Two For Sure View Post
    No shirt, no shoes, no shot, no service.
    Right. But we all know that they won't enforce that policy on the ruling class who come here. Other countries will have no qualms denying us entry, but Canada will go out of their way to make sure the vax policy remains more so a domestic one rather than one for visitors from a minority group; and they'll vax newcomers provided they cast a vote for the left.

The coming months and years will be very busy for social justice warriors, activists and the "journalists" who will stoke the fires...

At present, as the blessed month of Ramadan has dawned upon us, the world is in the midst of trying to eradicate the crushing effects of the Covid-19 pandemic. At the forefront of this effort are the various Covid-19 vaccines which all eligible people are being encouraged to get.

In light of this, many Muslims have wondered as to whether it is permissible to get the Covid-19 vaccine while still maintaining their fast. The Fifth Caliph and Worldwide Head of the Ahmadiyya Muslim Community, His Holiness, Hazrat Mirza Masroor Ahmad (aba) clarified the matter when he stated:

‘Receiving any form of injection while fasting, whether intramuscular or intravenous, is prohibited. If an Ahmadi receives an appointment to have their Coronavirus vaccine during the month of Ramadan, they can avail of the exemption granted by Islam and abstain from fasting on the day they are due to receive the injection, and should make up for the fast after Ramadan.’

Some Islamic organizations, such as the British Islamic Medical Association have taken the stance that receiving the Covid-19 vaccine ‘does not invalidate the fast’. The basis of their view is that the vaccine is for ‘non-nutritional purposes’ and therefore any such injection is permissible regardless of the contents entering the blood circulation.

It is unfortunate that they have taken a stance which is contrary to the teachings of Islam. This stance taken by the British Islamic Medical Association, along with other Islamic organisations is refuted by a saying of Hazrat Ibn Abbas (ra), a great Islamic scholar from the time of the Holy Prophet (sa). In fact, it was regarding Hazrat Ibn Abbas (ra) that the Holy Prophet (sa) prayed, ‘O Allah! Teach him (the knowledge of) the Book (Qur’an).’
    https://www.reviewofreligions.org/30...c-perspective/

The Royal College of General Practitioners reports that enthusiasm within Asian and black communities dips by between two-thirds and a half, and – as many imams have acknowledged – the suspicion of vaccines is disproportionately high among Muslims.

Why? Influential traditions warn that innovations sometimes come with danger, and a fear of God can produce fatalistic attitudes towards disease: even viruses are part of creation, after all. But the most distinctively Islamic concern is much simpler. Lots of believers worry that vaccines contain pork.

The belief isn’t as far-fetched as it might sound to non-Muslims. Chemically purified gelatine (like the gooey albumins found in salmon and egg whites) is useful to stabilise the active ingredients of many drugs. Manufacturers have been stepping up the search for substitutes, but animal products are therefore common in injectable solutions.
    https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...ligious-reason

As the coronavirus pandemic continues to rampage around the world, new hope has come in the form of vaccines . But is the COVID-19 vaccine vegan?

This is the question a group of top vegan doctors have tackled in a video (below) – answering some of the most common concerns around the new injection.

Multiple organizations have created vaccines, with the vaccine being administered in countries including the United States and UK created by pharmaceutical giant Pfizer.
    https://plantbasednews.org/lifestyle...vaccine-vegan/

Since all medications currently go through animal testing and animal products are commonly used in their manufacture, decisions around taking medication can be complex for vegans. Many vegans find compromising their beliefs to be stressful and upsetting. You can find some information on veganism and medications here, and read our blog which explores the topic of animal products in medications here.

However, it has never been more important for us to talk about the definition of veganism in the context of medications, including vaccines. The definition of veganism recognises that it is not always possible or practicable for vegans to avoid participating in animal use, which is particularly relevant to medical situations. In the case of Covid-19, vaccination will play a fundamental role in tackling the pandemic and saving lives. As there is currently a legal requirement that all vaccines are tested on animals, at this point in time it is impossible to have a vaccine that has been created without animal use.
    https://www.vegansociety.com/news/ne...vid-19-vaccine
    Last edited by awndray; 05-04-2021 at 10:22 AM.

10. The Following User Liked This Post By awndray

Swampdonkey (05-04-2021)

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678