Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
    Let’s take this moment to hold hands and sing the national anthem.
    Can't - gotta maintain 6 feet distance and am not a touchy feely guy..........go find a Liberal............lol !!
    Nothing will F--k you up as much as the realization that there's no real reason the alphabet needs to be in order !!

There is no such thing as left over bacon !!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheb View Post
    One more reason in my book to turf this RCMP, no offence to members. Just like a fish, the rot starts at the head... The management is long overdue for a major overhaul...
    Much offense to members. They're all part of it.

The Gunsmithing Moderator blacksmithden's Avatar
    I live among the creatures of the night (Edmonton)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
    Let’s take this moment to hold hands and sing the national anthem.
    I dont speak or sing Chinese. Oh wait...thats not until Trudeau gets elected with a majority.
    GOC moderator
    Dealer/co-founder/co-owner of Tundra Supply Ltd.
    www.tundrasupply.ca
    June 2013 - The High River Gun Grab - NEVER FORGET !!!!
    Feb 26 2014 - Swiss Arms prohibition and ordered confiscation by the RCMP - NEVER FORGET !!!!!
    May 1 2020 - Liberal un-democratic mass prohibition order in council. - NEVER FORGET !!!!!

4. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By blacksmithden

GTW (05-03-2021), Swampdonkey (05-03-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Swampdonkey View Post
    Where does one begin to undo such corruption?
    After defeating the Liberals in the next election with a solid majority government,summarily dismiss every officer from the rank of Superintendent up to and including the Commissioner. The only way to deal with a poisonous snake is to cut the head off and kill it.
    You'll make better progress if you get out of your own way.

We all saw this when it happened. It’s based on the instruction to the RCMP firearms Center to destroy the data. The government never directed any other police agency or department in the RCMP to destroy it. So they kept it. I’ve seen it used for years in cases.
    Calvin Martin, Q.C. 1933 - 2014

I would like to apologize to anyone i have not offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

I am not surprised...
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch Benjamin Franklin

... political lip service ... there was never any intention to destroy the c68 LGR data which will be very useful in another year when the May 1, 2020 OIC amnesty expires and RCMP & other LEA “bloodhounds” start tracking down the hold out prohibs ... billy blairs bloodhounds
    NFA member
    NRA Life Member
    OFAH member

Quote Originally Posted by Strangeday View Post
    We all saw this when it happened. It’s based on the instruction to the RCMP firearms Center to destroy the data. The government never directed any other police agency or department in the RCMP to destroy it. So they kept it. I’ve seen it used for years in cases.
    Quote Originally Posted by 350 Mag
    If they use an "illegal" means to obtain evidence or grounds for a search..... would that "search" or investigation now be "fruit of the poisonous tree" and not admissible in court?
    The law only said that the Chief Firearms Officers and the Commissioner of Firearms had to delete the data.
    It's always been a concern that someone other than those two would have copied the data and kept it.

The Privacy Commissioner ruled that the data could be shared for a law purpose. For example giving ALL the data to Quebec police.

The RCMP/NWEST firearm tracing reports that I've seen listed that they were tracing against the current registry (post deletion) and the old RWRS (pre 1995) registry. I just assumed that when they said they had unregistered non-restricted firearms there, that they didn't know if they'd been registered in Canada. The phrase they use is 'registered in CFIS' which would include both CFRO and the stolen property database, and given the low number of non-restricted that they found in CFIS I assumed that they were all in the stolen property database.

The bottom of the PAL application says
    Information contained in this application is obtained under the authority of the Firearms Act. The information will be used to determine eligibility and to administer and enforce the firearms legislation. In addition to the provisions outlined in the Firearms Act, individual rights regarding personal information are governed by the applicable federal, provincial or territorial legislation relating to access to information and privacy.

Quote Originally Posted by BillC19
    April 12 2012

29. (1) The Commissioner of Firearms shall ensure the destruction as soon as feasible of all records in the Canadian Firearms Registry related to the registration of firearms that are neither prohibited fire-arms nor restricted firearms and all copies of those records under the Commissioner’s control.

(2) Each chief firearms officer shall ensure the destruction as soon as feasible of all records under their control related to the registration of firearms that are neither prohibited firearms nor restricted firearms and all copies of those records under their control.

https://www.parl.ca/Content/Bills/41...9_4/C-19_4.PDF
    Given that the Commissioner of Firearms is also RCMP Commissioner Brenda Lucki, I wonder if there's a two hats argument (i.e. copies retained by the RCMP outside of the Canadian Firearms Registry are not under the control of the Commissioner of Firearms, therefore not governed by the legislation?), or some other quasi-legal technique being used (storing the data outside the RCMP, and then getting it back one record at a time for a law enforcement purpose).

Quote Originally Posted by BillC71
    June 21 2019

(3)Despite subsection 29(1) of the Ending the Long-gun Registry Act, the Commissioner shall proceed with ensuring the destruction of the records referred to in subsection (1) only after
    (a)he or she provides the Quebec Minister with a copy of the records, in the case where that Minister provides a written request in accordance with subsection (1); or
    (b)the end of the 120th day after the day on which the Commissioner sends written notice under subsection (2), in any other case.

Definition of Quebec Minister
    (4)In this section, Quebec Minister means the minister of the Government of Quebec responsible for public security.

Extension
    30 The Minister of Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness may, during the 120-day period referred to in subsection 29(1), make an order extending that period for another 120 days, and in that case the references in subsections 29(1) and(3) to “the 120th day” are to be read as references to “the 240th day”.

https://www.parl.ca/Content/Bills/42...1_4/C-71_4.PDF

Quote Originally Posted by Strangeday View Post
    More proof, if any were needed, that the Harper gov't handled this entire issue with stunning incompetence.
    "When government grows, freedom shrinks." - US Senate candidate for Alaska, Kelly Tshibaka.

11. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By stevebc

LCSulla (05-06-2021), Swampdonkey (05-04-2021)

... people who had now prohibited guns registered in the c68 LGR as non-restricted firearms will likely be getting a registered letter &/or a knock on the door if those guns are not accounted for in a “reasonable time” after the OIC amnesty expires
    NFA member
    NRA Life Member
    OFAH member

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast