Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    As previously mentioned , it sounds like a Globe Firearms conversion as they converted a ton of old military surplus firearms , including SVTs , back in the 60s and early 70s . It might be worth keeping as a conversation piece of how wide open the firearm industry was back in the day when cheap military surplus guns were imported into Canada by the container load . How times have changed , and not for the better....kind of sad how Canada has become such a nanny state over the last 40 or 50 years where everything has to be controlled and regulated . I have a Globe Firearms semi auto shotgun that I never use , but I keep it around to remind myself how you could buy guns at pretty much any K-Mart , or other local department store with no questions asked , and yet we all managed to survive without endless govt. regulation .
    " Fate whispers to the warrior, ‘You cannot withstand the storm.’ The warrior whispers back, ‘I am the storm. " .... " And I looked , and behold a pale horse ; and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him."...." Where we go one , we go all "....

2. The Following User Liked This Post By Gunexpert007

CLW .45 (06-01-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunexpert007 View Post
    As previously mentioned , it sounds like a Globe Firearms conversion as they converted a ton of old military surplus firearms , including SVTs , back in the 60s and early 70s . It might be worth keeping as a conversation piece of how wide open the firearm industry was back in the day when cheap military surplus guns were imported into Canada by the container load . How times have changed , and not for the better....kind of sad how Canada has become such a nanny state over the last 40 or 50 years where everything has to be controlled and regulated . I have a Globe Firearms semi auto shotgun that I never use , but I keep it around to remind myself how you could buy guns at pretty much any K-Mart , or other local department store with no questions asked , and yet we all managed to survive without endless govt. regulation .
    Globe Firearms was in business until 1992 when new gun laws in Canada sealed the end for them. They were a big concern in the day and converted many tens of thousands of ex-mil firearms into sporters and exported them to the USA as well. The main office building in Ottawa existed for a while after closing and I remember passing by it often in the late 1990's, they had the gun store next-door in what is now a gym.

They converted a lot of Finnish capture SVT-40's into .303 semi sporters as mentioned by others here back in the 1970's/80's as well as doing lots of these early Swiss .30-30 conversions too which are fairly common. And yes they just reamed them out and inserted a chamber insert for the conversion to .30-30.

Globe Firearms Canada.jpg

Globe Firearms Canada old store front.jpg

Globe Firearms Canada old back enterance.jpg
    Warning! some sarcasm, facetious behavior, satire, irony, dry humor, playful banter and more may or may not be involved in my postings. Please read anything I have written as being said in the most joyful and happy voice you can imagine.

To whom it may concern: I hereby declare I am not responsible for the debts incurred by one Justin Trudeau!

Quote Originally Posted by chuckbuster View Post
    Did they rebarrel as well? As I said, the barrel looks to be new with the only stamp that I recall being a crisp, clean .30-30 WCF. Any idea as to worth? In looking around, I figure it to be in the $300 range. I think he may sell it or trade it in to the local pusher.
    LOL worth. I paid $15 for mine. No they never rebarreled just the chamber plug . If you look close you can see it. If its got the mag still it's worth more.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12