Hunt Group FD12 by O'Dell

I first saw the Hunt Group FD12 at SHOT Show 2020 and was very intrigued by the compactness of the bull pup box magazine design

I had the chance to see it again a month of two later at CSAAA 2020

Now O’Dell Engineering, the team behind the Canuck brand, is bringing them in with a little extra. The O’Dell guns are quality controlled by a boots on the ground employee (named Fatih) in Turkey. Guns that meet O’Dell’s standards are marked with an OD serial number and are fully supported for warranty work. Currently the O’Dell guns are only available in black and I had the chance to check one out at Select Shooting Supplies.

It has a nice weight to it given the abundance of metal components

I am really looking forward to test shooting one but it wont be easy as they sell so quickly.

Remember, keep an eye out for that OD serial number.

RL
    Last edited by RL1; 06-05-2021 at 05:13 PM.
    Win the crowd and you win your freedom

I need to put more rounds through mine. Disassembly is interesting, most of the threads are LH with one exception. The real thing to watch is with the lower now being polymer, make sure to take the handguard off first before separating the lower off. (aka read the f'n manual) It's possible to take the lower off before but I suspect if you do it too many times the part that interfaces with the handguard will get super worn and cause alignment and or fit issues issues down the line. That said, it's fine if you do the manual's proceedure.
    Remember High River!

good to hear from owners...great info thanks

RL
    Win the crowd and you win your freedom