The Gunsmithing Moderator blacksmithden's Avatar
    I live among the creatures of the night (Edmonton)

Added some tacticool to my 870

Well...I finally got a batch of bits together that I'm happy with and clamped it on my 870 pump. 975 lumen (real output) light, semi-quick release offset mount, and a tail cap with pressure switch. I've just got the pressure switch on there with a cable tie right now until I grab some mounting tape. She's bright as all get out, and I'm loving it ! This one has 5 modes...low, medium, and high, plus strobe and SOS. I've got some on order that are just high and off. If I ever get in a tense zombie defense situation, I want the light ON at full throttle ! The last thing I need to be doing is piddling around with the switch, trying to find "burn out it's retenas" mode. Here's some pics.

The light isn't on in the 2nd pic...just the reflection from the camera flash......if it was, all you'd see is white.

Last edited by blacksmithden; 02-16-2013 at 09:14 PM.
    GOC moderator
    Dealer/co-founder/co-owner of Tundra Supply Ltd.
    www.tundrasupply.ca
    June 2013 - The High River Gun Grab - NEVER FORGET !!!!
    Feb 26 2014 - Swiss Arms prohibition and ordered confiscation by the RCMP - NEVER FORGET !!!!!
    May 1 2020 - Liberal un-democratic mass prohibition order in council. - NEVER FORGET !!!!!

wow thats alot of power for a little light! 2 minute run time?lol

No...I got an hour out of it at full throttle (obviously losing some intensity as time went on). They're running 3.7 volt rechargeable lithium ion batteries. Yea..if you were trying to run joe-blow alkaline batteries in these, you'd have to have some pretty deep pockets. It's got one of the same T6 LED's that my big flashlight has.

My wife thinks I've lost it. I was sitting in the basement with all the lights off, and every 20 seconds or so, the stairway would light up. Mucho-tacticool
    Last edited by blacksmithden; 02-16-2013 at 10:09 PM.
    GOC moderator
    www.tundrasupply.ca
    Feb 26 2014 - Swiss Arms prohibition and ordered confiscation by the RCMP - NEVER FORGET !!!!!
    May 1 2020 - Liberal un-democratic mass prohibition order in council. - NEVER FORGET !!!!!

Honky Tonk Outlaw BuckingFastard's Avatar
    I like the light, where do I get one? And what's it called? Any reviews? Also just an observation would the pressure switch on the pump eliminate that long cord strung out half the length on the gun?
    "Are you sure Hank done it this way"

Quote Originally Posted by BuckingFastard View Post
    I like the light, where do I get one? And what's it called? Any reviews? Also just an observation would the pressure switch on the pump eliminate that long cord strung out half the length on the gun?
    Yes, but those are the only pressure switches I have right now, so winding all that cord up into a ball might be a little trashy looking....but hey...this hobby is about experimenting as much as anything I guess. LOL. I've spent around 2 grand getting in samples of things...some of which were good...some, not what I really wanted them to be. Now I'm starting to place actual orders for things. I don't even want to say what they are right now because I don't want to get anyone's hopes up and then find out I can't get it, or there's a hang up of some kind. As stuff comes in, I test it and make sure it's good, then, I'll start posting it in the marketplace section. Putting it up on the website and then taking it back down when we're sold out would be a royal pain. As we get more turn over, we'll start stocking stuff regularly and we'll get the website up and flying in a proper fashion. Right now...start small, and work our way up, right ?
    GOC moderator
    www.tundrasupply.ca