Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotlas View Post
    Can you imagine if they asked for a lifetime of conjugal partners? There's some I would rather not remember.
    ... hope not
    ... my old drinking/partying days are pretty foggy and that's probably a good thing
    ... I never went to bed with an ugly girl yet but I woke up beside some real trolls the next morning
    ... the first blush beauty was about 90% booze
    NFA member
    NRA Life Member
    OFAH member

Quote Originally Posted by Big-Boss-Man View Post
    Thanks RB

NEW

so technically convictions under the young offender act would not have to be revealed as the question is youth justice act and criminal code.

renewal

renewals don't ask for criminal background aside from 'peace bonds'
    ... an incentive not to let your PAL lapse
    ... just because they didn't ask on the app doesn't mean they won't check and subsequently revoke your PAL &/or give you the 3rd degree

... looks like new applicants will NOT need to divulge pardoned offenses

... I have no doubt the parameters of the "daily check" automatically done on active PAL holders will be expanded to lifetime as well
    Last edited by Gunrunner; 07-13-2021 at 06:38 PM.
    NFA member
    NRA Life Member
    OFAH member

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Burke View Post
    I wonder if they'll do another mailout to the RPAL holders cause it's really easy fot this to have been missed.
    ... ignorance of the law is no excuse
    ... once it's published in the gazette it's on you
    ... gun owners will presume upon the old pre-71 privileges until they get charged and hauled up in front of an anti-gun activist judge
    ... unauthorized possession of a restricted + ammo is a heavy duty bust - first offence
    ... confiscation of all guns and PAL revocation at the very least and maybe some jail time
    ... all the while known gang bangers with conspicuous bulges under their jackets on the street in down town Toronto cannot be checked because of anti "racial profiling" policies
    ... go figure
    NFA member
    NRA Life Member
    OFAH member

Thanks RB

NEW

so technically convictions under the young offender act would not have to be revealed as the question is youth justice act and criminal code.

renewal

... my nephew went thru a wild phase back in the 80s and was found guilty of B E & T under the YOA (now repealed)
    ... thankfully he picked the straight and narrow path and had no more involvements with the law
    ... under YOA Section 45 records were supposed to be DESTROYED once 5 years of clean behavior had passed since the offense
    ... he asked me once if I thought he still had "a record" because he wanted to apply to the O.P.P.
    ... I told him to get a record check thru the local cops which would tell him if his offense was on CPIC
    ... I also told him that I thought that once your prints and mug shots went into the RCMP Central Repository they were there forever
    ... an organization like the RCMP never gives up "leverage" they can use against citizens YOA or any other law be damned
    ... we see evidence of RCMP arrogance and contempt for due process and the rule of law today in regards to the c68 LGR data which is still actively used
    NFA member
    NRA Life Member
    OFAH member

Quote Originally Posted by joe6167 View Post
    Unless they get bribed not to. Remember that mafia guy with the murder conviction that got a PAL (NR, that is). How exactly did that happen???
    ... {GASP of relief} thank goodness the mafia hit mans PAL just covers NR firearms
    ... now I can rest assured knowing he won't be packing a handgun
    NFA member
    NRA Life Member
    OFAH member

Thanks RB

NEW

renewal

... findings of guilt under the YOA were called something else NOT convictions
    ... YOA prints and photos were put in a special repository
    ... after 5 years of clean behavior (no subsequent adult convictions) anything in the special repository was destroyed (I don't believe it for a minute but that's what was supposed to happen)
    ... under the YOA the young offender after all the above was said & done was deemed never to have committed the subject offenses
    ... under the Youth Criminal Justice Act the offender still has a record under the old repealed YOA he/she didn't
    NFA member
    NRA Life Member
    OFAH member

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123