Page 80 of 86 FirstFirst ... 3070767778798081828384 ... LastLast

It looks like
    • Ontario hasn't received any new vaccine since Aug 12. I wonder when it expires.
    • Ontario today has about 4 million doses that nobody wants

OntarioVaccineDistribution20211013.jpg
    -- https://covid19tracker.ca/provincevac.html?p=ON

Quote Originally Posted by RangeBob View Post
    Ontario fully vaccinated (vs 13,034,844 ontarians 12+)
    Sept 24, 9,793,814 (75%)
    Oct 13, 10,756,935 (83%)
    -- https://data.ontario.ca/dataset/covi...9-7f2174b4378c
    8% more Ontarians fully vaccinated. (83 - 75)
    [total population ~14 million would be even smaller than 8%]

vs

Fully Vaccinated % of daily total
    min : 17%
    max: 34%
    gain of 17% (34 - 17)

ALTERNATIVELY
    14% more fully vaccinated (83/75)
    100% more percentage of new cases (34/17)

In any event the increase in fully vaccinated % is not explained by the increase in total number of fully vaccinated.

This could be
    • waning effectiveness of vaccine
    • more variants

Waning effectiveness seems likely.

'more variants' I can think of several scenarios, but each are more complex.
    • delta more infectious to everyone - but the unvaccinated % doesn't seem to be changing much, and more importantly the unvaccinated rate of infection seems to be falling on its own.
    • vaccination should be effective against Alpha but less against Delta, so Delta could be rising as a % if vaccinated aren't protected, but the vaccinated rate is falling too
    • not yet flu season. Ups and downs may be determinant on unknown third variable
    • testing is not random
    • etc
    Last edited by RangeBob; 10-13-2021 at 12:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by t_glover View Post
    Both people in my household had Covid or at least all the symptoms. I know several more that
    had all the symptoms and recovered without complications. None of us were ever tested so the
    number of cases is probably a lot higher than the official number.
    Yep - I didn't tested when my wife and I got sick.

A week later, my in-laws who provide in-house child support for us go sick and tested were COVID positive.

They could have only gotten it from us.
    Things are never going back to normal... but that's not a bad thing.

PCR tests are not reliable & weren't designed to test for Covid. Even the inventor said so.

You could have had the flu & give a false positive.

7. The Following User Liked This Post By SwissArmyMan

Swampdonkey (10-14-2021)

Got my association's stance today... guess I will be trying for a religious exemption or will be suspended without pay in another month:

On October 6, 2021, the Prime Minister and Deputy Prime Minister announced details of the government’s plans to require COVID-19 vaccinations across the federal public service and federally regulated transportation sectors. Under the new policy, federal public servants in the Core Public Administration, including members of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, will be required to confirm their vaccination status by October 29, 2021. Those who are unwilling to disclose their vaccination status or to be fully vaccinated will be placed on administrative leave without pay as early as November 15, 2021.

The Association has received several messages seeking clarification about the Corporation’s vaccine mandate and the position of the Association. As provided to all in our last website post, the Corporation is in the process of rolling out its vaccine post. It is anticipated that the policy will be available shortly.

The Association is dealing with the pressure between protecting the rights of our individual members and ensuring that the Corporation meets its health and safety obligations towards its employees, clients, and the public. The Association understands and supports members’ individual freedoms. However, with such freedoms come consequences.

You should also be aware that those who cannot be vaccinated for reasons that meet any of the relevant prohibited grounds of the Canadian Human Rights Act will be accommodated to the point of undue hardship. The Association will ensure that your rights in this regard are protected. Should you choose not to receive a COVID-19 vaccine authorized by Health Canada you will be placed on administrative leave without pay. These measures may appear drastic, but they are necessary to ensure the health and safety of your colleagues that report to work. (What a farce since they are more likely to spread it to me!)

It is imperative that everybody understand the possible consequences of not being vaccinated given the overriding obligation of the Corporation to make sure the workplace is safe. Recent cases involving the balance between individual rights and public health have sided with the latter. The great majority are saying that while individual rights are important and everything should be done to respect them, in the time of a pandemic, reasonable limits are going to be given broad scope. Therefore, most restrictions that governments have placed on employers have been found to be reasonable given the threat of COVID-19.
    Oh well, guess I will be looking for work then. I do not accept mandatory vaccines, I am not livestock and my workplace has no say what happens to my body.

9. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By chuckufarlie

Northshore (10-13-2021), stevebc (10-14-2021)

I'm glad I'm retired. They will be coming for me at some point in time I'm sure.

11. The Following User Liked This Post By t_glover

Swampdonkey (10-14-2021)

Glad I don't work for the gubberment. I'm too right wing to put up with idiotic Lefties!

More lurid tales from... THE INTERNET...

It's fascinating how they're mandating these vaccines for organ transplants, even though we have NO CLUE about what these vaccines are going to do to these people...

My cousin's girlfriend, 32, just dropped dead while she was having some kind of "work" done on her transplanted lungs... I take it there's a certain amount of fragility inherent in transplant recipients...

Mans kidney transplant canceled because donor wasnt vaccinated – New York Post
    October 12, 2021
    https://todayheadline.co/mans-kidney...new-york-post/

An Ohio man in need of a kidney transplant had his operation canceled days before the life-saving surgery due to his donor not being vaccinated against COVID-19, his family said.

Mike Ganin, 52, was five days away from his scheduled surgery when he received the news from the Cleveland Clinic about the new policy that would prevent him from accepting the donor’s kidney, news station WKYC reported.

“It made us feel like we were back to square one,” his wife, Debi, told the outlet. “I’ve been terrified. Sometimes I have my moments that I don’t think about it, but it comes back, and I think, ‘What’s going to happen?’”

Under the new rules, living donors must be vaccinated in order to donate an organ.

While Ganinin is vaccinated, his donor, Sue George, has no plans to get the shot.

“I don’t want to get the vaccine. I’ve got reasons — medical, religious, and also freedom,” she told the outlet.

George said that she had told doctors from the get-go that she did not get the vaccine.

“We were blindsided,” George, a longtime acquaintance of the family, told the outlet.

The Cleveland Clinic defended its new policy in a statement to the news station.

“Living donation for organ transplantation has been a life-saving treatment, but it is not without risks to the donor. For the living donor, preventing COVID-19 infection around the time of their surgery and recovery is crucial,” the statement said.

“We continually strive to minimize risk to our living donors, and vaccination is an important component to ensure the safest approach and optimal outcomes for donors.”
    Successfully escaped this crazy quack s***hole country ALIVE - 12/26/2017!!!

Give your family tree a good shake and see if you have any dual citizenship that you can use to GTFO of this crazy quack s***hole country!