Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I echo what the others said already.

For me, there is nothing more frustrating than not knowing where I am hitting.

So yeah, shoot a bit closer until you can be more consistent and possibly use a more visible target like the splatterburst (available at gun shops, amazon, etc):

If your range has a gong, that's always fun. If your range has any disciplines like silhouette, cowboy action, etc, those are great places to meet fellow shooters and most of them are happy to help a new guy learn the ropes.

If you do put a site on your rifle, like a scope or a red dot, sighting in might be frustrating the first time too, but don't be shy to ask for help. That guy with the 7mm probably would have been happy to help you site in your rifle if you had an optic on it and needed assistance.

2. The Following User Liked This Post By chuckufarlie

Big-Boss-Man (07-18-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by chuckufarlie View Post
    That guy with the 7mm probably would have been happy to help you site in your rifle if you had an optic on it and needed assistance.
    everyone I have met at the ranges I have been to are REALLY friendly. There has been more than a few occasions where other members have traded me a magazine in order to try out their firearms, and visa versa. I have tried a 9mm Sprinfield XDS, ruger comander 45acp 1911, a winchester 30-30 lever, and an SKS thats all i can think off the top of my head. I've let other try all mine aswell. Specially the Masada cause I am so blown away how soft it shoots for being polymer I think everyone needs one lol.