Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Challenge accepted

Quote Originally Posted by Petamocto View Post
    Hello everyone,

No offence intended here, but I have realized that this is basically no longer a gun forum.

All you have to do to realize this point is click on the new posts button, and look at all the threads that are being discussed.

Out of the 50 or so you’ll see, maybe five are gun-related. There’s a bunch on COVID, a bunch on politics in general, a bunch on general news, but very little on guns.

I’m not sure how, when, or why this happened, and I’m not saying it’s good or bad, but over time the emphasis on guns has gotten less and less.

That said, I do come here to learn more about guns and talk about guns, so I challenge everyone to do this: please start a new thread about something gun-related.

Post about the last gun you bought, post about a gun you are going to buy next, post a thread about your dream gun, etc.

Sh!t, I don’t care, post about the most played out gun threads ever discussed like 9mm vs 45 vs 40 or whether 223/5.56 is suitable to take down a deer, but for the love of God…

LETS TALK ABOUT GUNS ON A GUN FORUM, FFS.

Ok so A friend of mine purchased a .357 mag and he invited me out to shoot. So I go to a local store and pickup some ammunition for it [as not to feel too guilty shooting it] I get home and realize I got 38 S&W not the 38 special I was looking for.

will it be 'safe' to also shoot 38 S&W in a .357 mag?

2. The Following User Liked This Post By Big-Boss-Man

IJ22 (10-27-2021)

I wouldn't think so but, (there's always a but) look at this as an opportunity to pick up a new gun. I mean what the heck you already have the ammo for it - right?

Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf View Post
    I wouldn't think so but, (there's always a but) look at this as an opportunity to pick up a new gun. I mean what the heck you already have the ammo for it - right?
    funny thing is that actually crossed my mind.

5. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By Big-Boss-Man

Aniest (10-27-2021), Grey_Wolf (10-26-2021)

38 Special will fire just fine in a 357, same as 44 Special in a 44 Mag. 38 S&W is a different cartridge altogether.
    "It is an absolute truism that law-abiding, armed citizens pose no threat to other law-abiding citizens."

Ammo, camo and things that go "blammo".

“That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there.” ― George Orwell

7. The Following User Liked This Post By Camo tung

Aniest (10-27-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Big-Boss-Man View Post
    funny thing is that actually crossed my mind.
    See! Great minds think alike ...... don't ask for the rest, just stick with this while we're ahead lol

It's a bigger diameter and will not fit. Find someone with an Enfield, they'll be grateful you could actually find the stuff.

10. The Following User Liked This Post By Grimlock

Aniest (10-27-2021)

Buying a matching gun is a great option. You can probably find one for the price of 3 or 4 boxes of ammo. They're fun.

12. The Following User Liked This Post By Grimlock

Big-Boss-Man (10-27-2021)

How much do you have and what do you want for it. Hey look I posted something gun related on a gun forum.

14. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By RELOAD

Aniest (10-27-2021), Camo tung (10-27-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by RELOAD View Post
    How much do you have and what do you want for it. Hey look I posted something gun related on a gun forum.
    its a box of 50 I can't recall what I paid I am thinking it was 30 for the box, I will be happy to get what I paid but I am sure that shipping it will make it prohibitively expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Big-Boss-Man View Post
    its a box of 50 I can't recall what I paid I am thinking it was 30 for the box, I will be happy to get what I paid but I am sure that shipping it will make it prohibitively expensive.

It seems that the only responsible thing to do is to buy a new gun chambered in that caliber, or a different caliber, whatever.

17. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By Swingerguy

Big-Boss-Man (10-28-2021), kennymo (10-28-2021)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast