Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzikal View Post
    I remember when I first started lurking around this forum, I had asked for recommendations on that "one gun" that I should buy. Someone (I forget who) had corrected me, saying that the question should be "which gun to buy FIRST".

I laughed it off. I wasn't about to become one of those gun nuts with a collection of boom sticks.

Well, I have recently been reminded about the dangers of memorizing one's credit card info and randomly searching things on the internet.

This came in a few days ago....

now for your Rpal and your pistols lmfao.

2. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By Big-Boss-Man

Muzikal (10-26-2021), stevebc (10-25-2021)

Well, its been nearly a year since I came to update this thread. Not a whole lot has happened since then, as this summer was super busy with the fam.

Anyhoo, today's entry will highlight two noteworthy happenings:

1. I finally convinced my lovely (scaredy-cat) wife to let me share my enthusiasm. About 2 months ago, I took my 13yo girl to the range with me and we had a blast! She handled that .22LR like a pro, hitting targets and shooting groups from the second bullet onward. What I was most impressed about though was how she absorbed the handling and safety instructions (ACTS and PROVE). She just took to the whole thing like pig to mud I tell you!

The most hilarious moment of the day was when I allowed her to squeeze one off from the shotgun. She was not as prepared as she should have been and was nearly knocked on her behind. I keep kicking myself for not recording thing but we had a good laugh in the moment.

2. After going out on solo hunts last year, and striking out on both occasions, I was finally able to get my first kill EVER this morning! Y'all can go ahead and laugh at my initiation....go ahead.....laugh.....but I am very proud of myself!!

20220911_085025.jpg

Now to see about the next steps.......#staytuned
    Last edited by Muzikal; 09-13-2022 at 09:27 PM.

4. The Following 8 Users Like This Post By Muzikal

Big-Boss-Man (09-11-2022), blacksmithden (09-13-2022), Dewey Cox (09-11-2022), ESnel (09-11-2022), M1917 Enfield (09-12-2022), R&R Rancher (09-14-2022), Relic49 (09-12-2022), Rory McCanuck (09-11-2022)

Well, its been nearly a year since I came to update this thread. Not a whole lot has happened since then, as this summer was super busy with the fam.

Anyhoo, today's entry will highlight two noteworthy happenings:

1. I was finally convinced my lovely (scaredy-cat) wife to let me share my enthusiasm. About 2 months ago, I took my 13yo girl to the range with me and we had a blast! She handled that .22LR like a pro, hitting targets and shooting groups from the second bullet onward. What I was most impressed about though was how she absorbed the handling and safety instructions (ACTS and PROVE). She just took to the whole thing like pig to mud I tell you!

The most hilarious moment of the day was when I allowed her to squeeze one off from the shotgun. She was not as prepared as she should have been and was nearly knocked on her behind. I keep kicking myself for not recording thing but we had a good laugh in the moment.

2. After going out on solo hunts last year, and striking out on both occasions, I was finally able to get my first kill EVER this morning! Y'all can go ahead and laugh at my initiation....go ahead.....laugh.....but I am very proud of myself!!

20220911_085025.jpg

Now to see about the next steps.......#staytuned
    Ruffies are some of the best eating. Start looking up parmesan chicken and chicken cacciatore recipes, it'll make you hunt harder for the sweet taste of success lol.
    "It is an absolute truism that law-abiding, armed citizens pose no threat to other law-abiding citizens."

Ammo, camo and things that go "blammo".

“That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there.” ― George Orwell

6. The Following User Liked This Post By Camo tung

Muzikal (09-12-2022)

No laughing. Just a watering mouth.

8. The Following User Liked This Post By Grimlock

Muzikal (09-13-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Grimlock View Post
    No laughing. Just a watering mouth.
    I had the bird for supper last night (just did a simple roast of the whole bird) and I was pleased!.....Very pleased!

20220912_192020.jpg

I am definitely going to be heading out a few more times! I don't know if I'll ever think of store-bought poultry the same way again.

10. The Following 4 Users Like This Post By Muzikal

Camo tung (09-14-2022), Dewey Cox (09-14-2022), Grimlock (09-14-2022), JustBen (09-18-2022)

Save the neck for me, Clark.
    Why does the rest of the country get first dibbs on half my income?

12. The Following User Liked This Post By Dewey Cox

3MTA3 (09-14-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Dewey Cox View Post
    Save the neck for me, Clark.
    8EBA408E-07C3-4193-8199-DEE8DD81F7FA.jpg
    "You Cannot Comply Your Way Out of Tyranny"

So after Santa finished stocking up at one of the many recent Labor Day sales that was happening (getting an early start on the Christmas rush), it seems his sled hit a pot-hole in the clouds and this fell out right onto my door step..........from out of the blue clear sky!!

20220916_190518.jpg

My very first Deer rifle - A Savage AXIS ll XP in .270 Win (shut up Big_Boss-Man! lol).

I don't know if I'm ever gonna find someone to go out with as none of my friends are hunters, and I feel the need to be picky about the heavily-armed dude that I allow to lead me deep into the wilderness, but at least now I will be prepared if I ever get the chance. :-)

My very first Deer rifle - A Savage AXIS ll XP in .270 Win (shut up Big_Boss-Man! lol).
    I'm not sure [can't recall] what I said that would make you think I would raz you about this rifle? I think that the best rifle is the one you have, although I do think that should be a .308 lol the .270 is no slouch though. Savages are good rifles too, I would've bought the Savage 110 tactical had the right handed been more left hand friendly, I was also looking at the axis precision but none where in stock when i wanted it so I settled on the howa, I only wish it was not a proprietary magazine. I still want to get up to your neck of the woods so hopefully we can go blasting. If you ever venture down to the Calgary area let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Big-Boss-Man View Post
    I'm not sure [can't recall] what I said that would make you think I would raz you about this rifle? I think that the best rifle is the one you have, although I do think that should be a .308 lol the .270 is no slouch though. Savages are good rifles too, I would've bought the Savage 110 tactical had the right handed been more left hand friendly, I was also looking at the axis precision but none where in stock when i wanted it so I settled on the howa, I only wish it was not a proprietary magazine. I still want to get up to your neck of the woods so hopefully we can go blasting. If you ever venture down to the Calgary area let me know.
    I'm just busting your chops man!

I fully expected you to raze me over my growing collection, the one that I vowed would never happen. I was proactively defending myself. lol

AS for the invitation, it is noted. The closest I've come to your area in recent times is Blackfalds. I do visit Edmonton on occasion, as I have a brother there, but I'm sure you and I should be able to meet up eventually...with a little planning.

17. The Following User Liked This Post By Muzikal

Big-Boss-Man (09-18-2022)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345