Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Interesting thread. Unions always struck me as no longer needed. But that could be like gun ownership, eh? As they are now, they mostly suck and are nothing much beyond a money sink and paycheck for thugs. Jerry Dias comes to mind.

I agree with BSD and others.

I would also turn over building inspections to insurance corps. There would be no Surfside events. Bribes would be very much reduced. And hopefully wasteful practices could be eliminated or much reduced.

Government sucks at everything.

Censor that you dirty blood sucking parasites.

Allow our Rightful Liberty or .....

2. The Following User Liked This Post By Waterloomike

Swampdonkey (07-23-2021)

The Gunsmithing Moderator blacksmithden's Avatar
    I live among the creatures of the night (Edmonton)
    I had a reply to a comment I made that said Quebec also charges an annual fee to it's licensed tradesmen. Can anyone confirm that ?
    GOC moderator
    Dealer/co-founder/co-owner of Tundra Supply Ltd.
    www.tundrasupply.ca
    June 2013 - The High River Gun Grab - NEVER FORGET !!!!
    Feb 26 2014 - Swiss Arms prohibition and ordered confiscation by the RCMP - NEVER FORGET !!!!!
    May 1 2020 - Liberal un-democratic mass prohibition order in council. - NEVER FORGET !!!!!

I'm not sure (I can check the relevant websites). But I suspect that if it's not a government fee, then it might be a "protection" fee to another well-known organization that controls the construction industry in Quebec.

Do I have to pay any fees?.
    You have to pay the required fees to take part in an apprenticeship program, renew your apprenticeship card, enrol in the exam and, in certain cases, renew your certificate of qualification. To find out the amounts payable, see Tarification en vigueur (PDF, 125 KB) (French only).

Do I have to renew my certificate of qualification?
    In most cases you have to renew your certificate when it expires. The period of validity varies depending on the type of qualification. See the information applying to your trade.

Renewal of your certificate is not automatic. Emploi-Québec issues a notice of renewal, and you have to reply to the notice.

By renewing your certificate you retain the right to practise your trade and perform the tasks specified by regulation.

If you hold more than one certificate, you have to renew all of your certificates by the renewal date for the first certificate issued to you.
    https://wwwd.emploiquebec.gouv.qc.ca...qualification/

Rates vary from $57 to $230 for new certificates and renewals. https://wwwd.emploiquebec.gouv.qc.ca...rification.pdf

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123