Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bullpup 9 who wants one??

I was browsing the Bond Arms site earlier and came across this beauty.

I read the specs and currently it has a 3.35 inch barrel on it, but due to the cool factor I decided to write the company and ask if it would be possible to get it with an inch longer barrel [stupid Canada], and/or other calibers. I got this reply:

Good morning,

There has been talk of making a longer version of the BullPup but we do not know when it will be released. Also the we do not plan on making the BullPup in other calibers. If you have any questions please let me know.

Thanks,
    Makayla
    Here are some videos:

Boberg's long barrel version was Canadian legal. I hope they eventually bring it back in the bullpup 9 line.
    Remember High River!

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Burke View Post
    Boberg's long barrel version was Canadian legal. I hope they eventually bring it back in the bullpup 9 line.
    Yes, there are a handful out there. I remember seeing them briefly at a couple of online retailers, not sure how big the production run was. Bond bought out Boberg a few years back, they were trying to improve reliability before re-releasing them IIRC.
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

It looks pretty cool, however I don’t really see the point in Canada since our Lords won’t “allow” us to carry, concealed or otherwise.

The statement about no other calibers is interesting - I was under the impression they were planning the 45 but maybe changed their mind. The talk of a longer slide was two ShotShows ago... Disappointing that they seem to have lost interest in developing this line...

saw it at SHOT Show 2018...very cool concept

Win the crowd and you win your freedom

I participated in the Boberg forums quite a bit, including some online text chats with Ernie Boberg himself. Reliability issues with the as engineered format stemmed from a few very vocal users pushing them beyond their intended format of using normal to +P pressure factory self defense ammunition: they are not target shooting guns, not high round count race guns and they don't lend well to any user modifications and reloading IMO. Bond Arms took over a product line for a niche market of people wanting a very small frame self defense concealed carry firearm (or in Canada, a low round count target shootable collectable) where the unique design was a part of the nice appeal. I doubt if Bond Arms is willing to branch as much as Ernie Boberg was (.2" barrel and frame, other calibres, etc) and I suspect any Canada legal will specifically be an extended barrel swapped into the short frame (so barrel protruding out the front) and one can only hope it's threaded (so American interest in possible suppressor use will justify tooling and get us the barrels for guns to be up here).
    Anything and everything I post that is not a quote, link and/or attributable to another source is my personal opinion only and no entity(s) and/or person(s) can be held liable for it for any reason unless they are the author of said opinion, link, quote and/or attributable comment; and nothing I post may be shared, spread and/or quoted outside of this website without my legal authorization unless covered by the end user agreement, terms of use, policy and/or rules of this website.

Quote Originally Posted by Aniest View Post
    I suspect any Canada legal will specifically be an extended barrel swapped into the short frame (so barrel protruding out the front) and one can only hope it's threaded (so American interest in possible suppressor use will justify tooling and get us the barrels for guns to be up here).
    This was what I was thinking also, I dislike the look of those type of guns but if it was to happen we would at least get them up here. However if they extended the whole frame/barrel by the inch it would also allow for a front rail

Quote Originally Posted by Aniest View Post
    ...and one can only hope it's threaded (so American interest in possible suppressor use will justify tooling and get us the barrels for guns to be up here).
    It uses rotating barrel lockup so threaded barrel is no go unless it's for looks. Bond did show off a suppressor design that would work... Let me see if I can find it... Ah, here...

Suppressor talk and some mentions of 45... in 2018

shows the long slide version just like Boberg's longslide version... in 2019

Then, I guess COVID happened
    Last edited by KTfeich; 07-30-2021 at 07:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KTfeich View Post
    It uses rotating barrel lockup so threaded barrel is no go unless it's for looks. Bond did show off a suppressor design that would work... Let me see if I can find it... Ah, here...

Suppressor talk and some mentions of 45... in 2018

shows the long slide version just like Boberg's longslide version... in 2019

Then, I guess COVID happened
    The Long slide version is more like what I am talking about, that would be super cool. I would also love to see what they could come up with to get .22lr or wmr to work as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast