Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122 LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 217
  1. #191
    Senior Member RangeBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    61,954
    Bill Blair is complaining on twitter about the simplified classification system. Since implementing that is still a platform pledge for the Conservatives, he's attacking it, saying it'll unban all the guns that "Have never been legal in Canada," since apparently Canada didn't exist before 1995.
    Note, though, that he's not wrong. The simplified classification system would absolutely unban all the '90s banned guns. And implementing the simplified classification system is in the Conservative platform still.
    -- F-Tang;18297661

  2. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By RangeBob

    Billythreefeathers (09-11-2021), Doug_M (09-11-2021)

  3. #192
    Canadian ForcesMember Billythreefeathers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Vesper Sask
    Posts
    14,591
    Quote Originally Posted by RangeBob View Post
    Bill Blair is complaining on twitter about the simplified classification system. Since implementing that is still a platform pledge for the Conservatives, he's attacking it, saying it'll unban all the guns that "Have never been legal in Canada," since apparently Canada didn't exist before 1995.
    Note, though, that he's not wrong. The simplified classification system would absolutely unban all the '90s banned guns. And implementing the simplified classification system is in the Conservative platform still.
    -- F-Tang;18297661
    Bill WHO?

    a complete a$$ hole

    and a drunken disgrace

  4. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By Billythreefeathers

    Smc (09-11-2021), stewbud (09-12-2021)

  5. #193
    Senior Member Gunrunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    5,238
    Quote Originally Posted by RangeBob View Post
    Bill Blair is complaining on twitter about the simplified classification system. Since implementing that is still a platform pledge for the Conservatives, he's attacking it, saying it'll unban all the guns that "Have never been legal in Canada," since apparently Canada didn't exist before 1995.
    Note, though, that he's not wrong. The simplified classification system would absolutely unban all the '90s banned guns. And implementing the simplified classification system is in the Conservative platform still.
    -- F-Tang;18297661
    REALITY FLASH:
    ... if O'Toole becomes the next PM we'll wait for "the simplified classification system" like we waited for Harper to repeal "the firearms act"... and we'll wait and we'll wait and we'll wait and we'll wait ... ZZZZZZZZZZ

    ... best case scenario under a O'Toole administration is that gun owners will be completely ignored

    ... the OIC amnesty will be allowed to expire ... O'Toole MIGHT allow grandfathering in lieu of buy-back/confiscation but I wouldn't bet my next pension cheque on it

    ... I think the smelters will be pretty busy regardless of who is PM next year
    NFA member
    NRA Life Member
    OFAH member

  6. #194
    Senior Member RangeBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    61,954
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunrunner View Post
    ... if O'Toole becomes the next PM we'll wait for "the simplified classification system" like we waited for Harper to repeal "the firearms act"... and we'll wait and we'll wait and we'll wait and we'll wait ...
    More likely it'll be the same as with the LGR. The Conservatives will introduce a simplified classification system bill, and it'll get quashed at 3rd reading by the Lib/Ndp/Bloc coalition.
    But it will be an opportunity to educate the public on the topic, perhaps dulling firearms as a liberal enhancing wedge issue next election.

  7. #195
    Senior Member Gunrunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    5,238
    Quote Originally Posted by RangeBob View Post
    More likely it'll be the same as with the LGR. The Conservatives will introduce a simplified classification system bill, and it'll get quashed at 3rd reading by the Lib/Ndp/Bloc coalition.
    But it will be an opportunity to educate the public on the topic, perhaps dulling firearms as a liberal enhancing wedge issue next election.
    Bernier will vote his dozen PPC MPs in favor of the bill and save the day
    NFA member
    NRA Life Member
    OFAH member

  8. #196
    Senior Member Doug_M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    15,078
    lol

  9. #197
    Canadian ForcesMember Billythreefeathers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Vesper Sask
    Posts
    14,591
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug_M View Post
    lol
    Doug,,, stop it your killing us

  10. #198

  11. #199
    Senior Member Doug_M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    15,078
    O’Toole later “clarified” he meant illegally transported and stored.

  12. #200
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    SW Ontario
    Posts
    2,018
    Uh, Gerald, your party calls the AR15 sporting rifle a military style assault rifle.
    Your party calls a bolt action precision rifle a military style assault rifle.
    Your party calls an upland shotgun a military style assault rifle.
    Your party calls a ceremonial canon a military style assault rifle.
    Your party calls a marine emergency distress flare a military style assault rifle.
    You're in no position to ask how anyone gets anything wrong.

    Anyone who twits please feel free to copy and twit.

  13. The Following 3 Users Like This Post By IJ22

    Camo tung (09-14-2021), Doug_M (09-14-2021), ipep (09-17-2021)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •