Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug_M View Post
    O’Toole later “clarified” he meant illegally transported and stored.
    ... another ”O’Toolian slip”
    ... O’Toole has the other political parties beat for slips and reversals hands down
    ... the Liberals are a lot more consistent in their policies (consistently WRONG but consistent) and platforms whereas O’Toole is flip flopping like a performing seal on a daily basis.
    ... got talking with a non gun owner friend the other day and the topic got around to the election. He said he leaned toward O’Toole but “you can’t nail him down on any topic or issue, I’m afraid we won’t know what his views and values actually are until he’s elected and I’m not prepared to throw caution that far into the wind on important issues”.
    Last edited by Gunrunner; 09-15-2021 at 07:51 AM.
    NFA member
    NRA Life Member
    OFAH member

That wasn't a slip. That was a lame attempt at covering up the slip where he said the Storm was illegal. He should have just said he had mixed up the Dawson killer for the NS killer, which is what I suspect happened. Or just admitted he made a mistake and said, "no you're right, I was wrong, the Storm is a restricted firearm" or whatever.

In the end though, I doubt much political hay can be made if this particular gaff.

That wasn't a slip. That was a lame attempt at covering up the slip where he said the Storm was illegal. He should have just said he had mixed up the Dawson killer for the NS killer, which is what I suspect happened. Or just admitted he made a mistake and said, "no you're right, I was wrong, the Storm is a restricted firearm" or whatever.

In the end though, I doubt much political hay can be made if this particular gaff.
    But taken in context with all the other gaffs out of his mouth a pattern is obvious. You can’t believe a f’king word O’Toole says.

If any one thing causes O’Toole to lose the election it will be a lack of credibility. People expect politicians to lie and bs but O’Tooles constant flip flopping is adding insult to injury and a voter who feels you are speaking down to him tends to take it personally. People just don’t believe O’Toole any more.
    Last edited by Gunrunner; 09-15-2021 at 08:10 AM.
    NFA member
    NRA Life Member
    OFAH member

Canadian ForcesMember Billythreefeathers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunrunner View Post
    If any one thing causes O’Toole to lose the election it will be a lack of credibility. People expect politicians to lie and bs but O’Tooles constant flip flopping is adding insult to injury and a voter who feels you are speaking down to him tends to take it personally. People just don’t believe O’Toole any more.
    Any more? he may have used a few more words to explain his platform then justin did/has ,, but you dont see anyone throwing gravel at him or cruising him out at his rallies

But taken in context with all the other gaffs out of his mouth a pattern is obvious. You can’t believe a f’king word O’Toole says.

Exaggerate much?

Exaggerate much?
    That’s a question better directed to your boss.
    NFA member
    NRA Life Member
    OFAH member

Exaggerate much?
    this is like 'Who's on first?'

Mark? What's Mark got to do with anything?

Mark? What's Mark got to do with anything?
    Stttoooppp LOL

10. The Following User Liked This Post By Billythreefeathers

Doug_M (09-15-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by kennymo View Post
    It strikes me more as Trudeau tried to bring up ‘machine guns in the streets’ if the CPC were elected, and a fairly clear (but lengthy and broken up by the writer) response that those have been prohibited since 1977.
    The 1977 ban (bill c51) on full autos and the 2020 ban OIC were both passed by Trudeau (Sr. & Jr. respectively) governments.
    Seems to me that O'Toole will let the 2020 Liberal OIC ban run its course under a prospective CPC administration.
    Hopefully someone with up to date accurate information will chime in and clarify this issue.
    NFA member
    NRA Life Member
    OFAH member