Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Northshore View Post
    Your post reminded me of something I came across in 1981. It was my first year hunting Moose just south of Armstrong. It was about the second or third day of the open season, I was scouting around in my truck looking for Moose sign and familiarizing myself with the area.

I came upon two guys with a huge Bull Moose in the back of their truck, so I stopped to talk with them. It was a really huge trophy Moose, hardly fit in the old Ford's 8 foot box, the tail gate could not close, the legs were hanging out way over the side of the box and it had a huge set of antlers.

After admiring their trophy I asked them how the hell did you two guys load such monster whole. They said they opened both doors put a heavy rope through the cab and tied it together outside by back window hooked up a come-along to the rope laid some logs off the tailgate like a ramp and pulled the Moose whole up into the box.

The Moose was so heavy that the rope through the cab actually bent the cab enough that the doors would not close anymore. I thought it was a good idea until I heard about the doors not closing part.
    My uncle has had a winch mounted at the front of his truck bed under the tool box for well over a decade. Mostly for recovering lawn tractors and atv’s for his small engine business, but it definitely has hunting benefits.
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

2. The Following User Liked This Post By kennymo

Northshore (11-16-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Northshore View Post
    Your post reminded me of something I came across in 1981. It was my first year hunting Moose just south of Armstrong. It was about the second or third day of the open season, I was scouting around in my truck looking for Moose sign and familiarizing myself with the area.

I came upon two guys with a huge Bull Moose in the back of their truck, so I stopped to talk with them. It was a really huge trophy Moose, hardly fit in the old Ford's 8 foot box, the tail gate could not close, the legs were hanging out way over the side of the box and it had a huge set of antlers.

After admiring their trophy I asked them how the hell did you two guys load such monster whole. They said they opened both doors put a heavy rope through the cab and tied it together outside by back window hooked up a come-along to the rope laid some logs off the tailgate like a ramp and pulled the Moose whole up into the box.

The Moose was so heavy that the rope through the cab actually bent the cab enough that the doors would not close anymore. I thought it was a good idea until I heard about the doors not closing part.

Id always planned on mounting on on the rack, never got around to it. This year we hooked a snatch block on the headache rack and used a quad to pull the moose up a ramp into the truck, got it loaded but the gussets failed. Since i had to fix it anyway, just built it the way i had planned to in the first place.
    in pace, ut sapiens, aptarit idonea bello
    - In peace, like a wise man, he appropriately prepares for war

Yep, that's the one. Works as promised, easy for one person to set up and use. Even swivels to drop the deer into the truck with tailgate down.

6. The Following User Liked This Post By Purdom234

Rory McCanuck (12-02-2021)

F yeah
    Coolest whitetail I've ever shot.
    20211129_190927.jpg
    20211129_185550.jpg
    20211129_185536.jpg
    Why does the rest of the country get first dibbs on half my income?

8. The Following 12 Users Like This Post By Dewey Cox

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

barkerlakebob (11-29-2021), cowboy01 (11-30-2021), Hillbillyreefer (11-30-2021), kennymo (11-29-2021), lone-wolf (11-30-2021), normmus (11-30-2021), play.soccer (12-03-2021), Purdom234 (11-30-2021), R&R Rancher (11-29-2021), Rory McCanuck (12-02-2021), Swampdonkey (12-01-2021), tigrr (11-30-2021)

I love a good ‘character’ rack. Wish I had more of them.
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Those forked G4's make it a bit unique, but subtle enough to not make it look grotesquely non-typical.

I've never understood why people give so much importance to the shape or symmetry of antlers. I've never tasted the difference in the meat.

Quote Originally Posted by awndray View Post
    I've never understood why people give so much importance to the shape or symmetry of antlers. I've never tasted the difference in the meat.
    A nice rack always gets my attention !!
    Nothing will F--k you up as much as the realization that there's no real reason the alphabet needs to be in order !!

13. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By barkerlakebob

play.soccer (12-03-2021), tigrr (11-30-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by awndray View Post
    it can be the difference between $200 and $2000 for some people

15. The Following User Liked This Post By Stew

barkerlakebob (12-01-2021)

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast