Looking for anyone that can offer me some advice on international export of firearms.

I am trying to export a couple of air pistols to a friend in the U.K. as a favour, but have encountered roadblocks which have been put in place since the last time I did this.
    Or perhaps point me in the direction of a commercial business that does this sort of thing.
    Thank you.

Are the roadblocks CBSA, UK origin, etc. Without a better description of the issues, hard to assist.

But maybe IrunGuns for a shop? Or have friend find a UK import shop. Get a broker in whatever country seems to be the most problematic.

Quote Originally Posted by SIR VEYOR View Post
    Are the roadblocks CBSA, UK origin, etc. Without a better description of the issues, hard to assist.

But maybe IrunGuns for a shop? Or have friend find a UK import shop. Get a broker in whatever country seems to be the most problematic.
    Thanks for the reply, and sorry for the lack of detail.
    So far, the difficulties are on this side.

Global Affairs Canada has many of the details.
    It seems that an individual can no longer export a firearm without having an export permit.
    In addition, I would have to get a document from the country that I am exporting to stating that the firearm conforms to their laws, and the consignee (buyer) must also provide a document authorizing me to export the guns.
    Several other forms are required for identification of the guns, and an "HS Tariff Number" for each item must be included.

Will look into IrunGuns. Thanks.

I run an export business to Europe. Feel free to PM me or post here what kind of air guns those are - I can look up the HS codes for you.

Otherwise, yes, to get the export permit you need to show the item is legal to possess over there - this can be in the form of an import permit or a law excerpt and any applicable licenses.

Quote Originally Posted by KTfeich View Post
    I run an export business to Europe. Feel free to PM me or post here what kind of air guns those are - I can look up the HS codes for you.

Otherwise, yes, to get the export permit you need to show the item is legal to possess over there - this can be in the form of an import permit or a law excerpt and any applicable licenses.
    Thank you.
    PM incoming.