Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I bought a Bucket O' Bullets

I never thought I'd do this. I've heard the stories about it's iffy quality and dirtiness, so I've always passed it by. However...

I had to go down to Langley for my mom's 96th birthday, so as always, I stopped in at Cabela's in Abbotsford. They had almost no .22 at all, and only 3 "bulk" packs of Winchester 333 packs. Foolishly, I only bought 2 of them. Checked back on my way out of town- the last one was gone.

Went to Bass Pro in Tsawwassen, they had no .22 at all except for .22 shot shell.

Stopped in Canadian Tire in Chilliwack... all they had was the Remington Bucket O' Bullets, and taxes included, it came to $175.00 for a bulket of 1400 rounds, which works out to 12.5 cents per round, a truly awful price, BUT... a small voice inside said "you'd better buy these while you still can."

Totalled up my .22 supply, and I have just over 16 bricks worth. Not enough.

Going to Kamloops on Thursday, I'm hitting up the Canadian Tire for more Buckets, and/or the Powderkeg for more .22 bulk packs. They have some Wildcat.

I'm telling myself I haven't paid too much, I've just bought too soon... and the sad thing is, I'm probably right.

But I'm shooting more .22 than anything else these days, so I'm ok with these prices.
    "We know they are lying. They know they are lying. They know that we know they are lying. We know that they know that we know they are lying.

And still they continue to lie." - Alexander Solzhenitsyn

2. The Following User Liked This Post By stevebc

chuckufarlie (09-21-2021)