Less Lethal Ammunition

I remember SFRC carrying some years back, but I never managed to get some (always out of stock). I forget which brand, but they were advertised as (12 gauge) pest/animal control rounds. They were shot shell filled with star-like rubber projectiles. They actually looked like the image of the COVID virus ball we often see nowadays.

Anybody know if these are still available anywhere? How'bout other types of less-lethal ammo, like pepper balls or what have you?

Similarly, I know there is such a thing as pepper balls for paintball guns. Anyone here seen those on this side of the 49th parallel?

I found the following with Google, and there is lots more places depending on where you are:

ht tps://www.reliablegun.com/en/lightfield-ammunition

ht tps://gun-shop.ca/brand/lightfield-ammunition/

ht tps://www.cabelas.ca/product/98388/lightfield-rubber-slug

ht tps://wanstallsonline.com/cart.php?suggest=d72f360b-03b7-4127-a1ee-d2d41ecde35a

ht tps://www.firearmsoutletcanada.com/lightfield-double-ball-slugs--20ga-2-3-4--box-of-5-cwdb-20-.html

ht tps://www.firearmsoutletcanada.com/lightfield-rubber-buckshot--410ga-2-1-2--box-of-5-cwrb-410-.html

- - - -

Pepper balls, no. Last rumour was CBSA said the pepper balls were for use against humans (illegal) and not animals (legal) so not allowed for import. Just a rumour from a few years ago.
    Anything and everything I post that is not a quote, link and/or attributable to another source is my personal opinion only and no entity(s) and/or person(s) can be held liable for it for any reason unless they are the author of said opinion, link, quote and/or attributable comment; and nothing I post may be shared, spread and/or quoted outside of this website without my legal authorization unless covered by the end user agreement, terms of use, policy and/or rules of this website.

4. The Following User Liked This Post By Aniest

awndray (01-15-2022)

I’ve seen the rubber slugs for ‘bear defense’ crop up here and there. I don’t recall anyone keeping a constant stock of them, but I’m usually not looking for them either.

Natural Resources used to hand out 12 gauge bear bangers (firecracker) to farmers that were having issues with them coming around the barnyard. Not sure if that’s still a thing. I think you can still pick them up some places too.

A buddy had some of them for his pen flare. He thought he’d scare the crap out of us in the woods by launching one in the air in our vicinity, but it ricocheted off a tree and came right back at him. He was deaf in one ear for the rest of the night. Good times.
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

6. The Following User Liked This Post By kennymo

lone-wolf (01-16-2022)

The 12 gauge bear bangers are still out there, as are the pen flares (I have a couple of those laying around).

HA! Funny you say that. I've had the same experience with my regular boys camping crew back in my teens. I still go camping with the same guys every year to this day. Now we just drink more and go to bed earlier. lol

I've seen them in stock at SFRC fairly recently, but never been drunk enough to order them. One of my neighbours had a bear in his garage that didn't really want to leave. The few times I've encountered them, I just politely ask them to go somewhere else and they do.

Margosupplies is probably the place you want.

10. The Following User Liked This Post By ilikemoose

awndray (01-16-2022)