Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Rory McCanuck View Post
    If I were to do it over again, and considering you'll be loading pistol and 223, I'd just go with a Lee Classic Cast turret.
    15 seconds and you've changed calibers, long enough for rifle rounds, and produces bulk stuff fast enough so you're not upset.
    Lots cheaper than a Dillon too, if that's a consideration.
    That's what I made the jump from single stage presses to, love that turret system. Auto Drum powder measure and a factory crimp die in the fourth hole. Not quite 6MT levels of snazziness, but sure beats the hell out of the single stage while still being somewhat gentle on the wallet.
    "It is an absolute truism that law-abiding, armed citizens pose no threat to other law-abiding citizens."

Ammo, camo and things that go "blammo".

2. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By Camo tung

6MT (09-26-2021), Rory McCanuck (09-26-2021)

All my presses are mounted to a 12+ inch wide by 22 inch long 3/4 inch fir plywood piece. They come down off the shelf and go on the bench as needed. All 6 of them. 1 Dillon XL650 for 9mm and one for 45acp. 40 s&w done on the classic cast. Lee classic Turret with 9 - 4 hole heads for all rifle cals. Mec Junior for 12 gauge. And so on and so on.
    The challenge of retirement is how to spend time without spending money.
    There is no place in an anti's head where reason can enter. from a Napoleon saying with a tweak.
    Look around is there someone you can introduce to shooting because that’s the only way we will buck the anti gun trend sweeping Canada! "tigrr 2006"

4. The Following User Liked This Post By tigrr

6MT (09-26-2021)

I really like my lee load master for pistol cases, caliber changes are quick and cheap, but I have never tried it for rifle so can’t comment on that. I also built my bench and cut grooves for t-tracks and made plates out of 3/4” plywood to bolt different presses and powder measures to it quickly and easily. I would definitely do it again.

6. The Following User Liked This Post By Swingerguy

6MT (09-26-2021)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12