Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I assume it means rifles that are used in sport.
    Sport includes hunting and target shooting.
    Target shooting would include 3-gun, and anything else the Dominion of Canada Rifle Association (DCRA) does.

Modern Sporting Rifles by NSSF
    Oct 2009, 5 minutes

http://y2u.be/VbDQUADaIkE

I pity the fools that can't tell an assault rifle from a hunting rifle!

I pity the fools that believe the term assault rifle is anything but a name given to a concept pioneered by Germans, and decades later has been appropriated by fearmongers to define anything that looks "scary" to them.

4. The Following User Liked This Post By awndray

Aniest (09-26-2021)

I could own any model of assault rifle, even a crew served weapon and still not pose a threat to society, triggers don't pull fingers and any number of everyday items could be turned into deadly weapons- in any event it is the individual's action that causes the problem- just witness the damage Trudeau has done to this country.
    When dictatorship is a fact, revolution becomes a right.

Victor Hugo

6. The Following 3 Users Like This Post By 3MTA3

Doug_M (09-27-2021), ESnel (09-26-2021), M1917 Enfield (09-28-2021)

Blake Brown pawned his testicles for magic beans a long time ago
    Calvin Martin, Q.C. 1933 - 2014

I would like to apologize to anyone i have not offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

8. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By Strangeday

Grimlock (09-27-2021), M1917 Enfield (09-28-2021)

iirc, assault rifles are defined by being select fire and military weapons should mean ones in use by the military today otherwise every Enfield and Mauser is in deep poo
    as far as "Military Style" this is more military style than anything we've been allowed in half a century
    it's camo
    il_1140xN.2258006171_qh0x.jpg

The Gunsmithing Moderator blacksmithden's Avatar
    I live among the creatures of the night (Edmonton)
    The use, the name, the whatever, has nothing to do with it. We're fighting a battle of public opinion.....well.....public opinion based on liberal lies that a allowed to perpetuate through public ignorance.
    GOC moderator
    Dealer/co-founder/co-owner of Tundra Supply Ltd.
    www.tundrasupply.ca
    June 2013 - The High River Gun Grab - NEVER FORGET !!!!
    Feb 26 2014 - Swiss Arms prohibition and ordered confiscation by the RCMP - NEVER FORGET !!!!!
    May 1 2020 - Liberal un-democratic mass prohibition order in council. - NEVER FORGET !!!!!

You could tell from the first sentence of the article it was going to be far left propaganda.

The most important thing we can do is convince young generations that the radical left won't stop at confiscating guns.

First they came for guns, then they came for airsoft. Next is paintball, then nerf and toy guns, then video games and movies with guns.

The way young people mostly get into guns these days is through movies/video games, combat simulation sports, then real steel.

If you have or known young boys who are into games like COD, Fortnight, etc. make sure you never stop telling them liberals will ban those games one day for sure.
    Last edited by harbl_the_cat; 09-27-2021 at 08:37 AM.

12. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By harbl_the_cat

Doug_M (09-27-2021), M1917 Enfield (09-28-2021)

One other point whenever you talk to an ignorant liberals and gun owners who support the ban of restricteds:

The use of restricted guns requires range operators to record who uses there facilities.

This is why you have to sign into a range when you use it (or register when you shoot at a competition event, like a 3-Gun match).

It's so that range operators have the ability to file public safety concerns if some nutbar comes to a range.

If you're on a 3-gun match and a guy in your squad is obviously deranged and psychotic - everyone in the squad (and likely the RO's) will know about it. If someone in the Squad or an RO, or the match director complain about it and the club executives catch wind of it, very likely they will initiate some kind of action to ban that person for life from the range (at a minimum). If they do something criminal (such as incite violence or make threats), the clubs have the means with which to initiate a public safety concern about that person (their match registration info or their club membership) with which to report a public safety concern.

It's not the matches people should worry about.

It's the crazies who watch shooting tutorials on YouTube, then go into Crown Land (often illegally) to practice the things they learnt with no social support structure to in some way keep them accountable.

The crazies don't practice.

15. The Following User Liked This Post By Grimlock

Doug_M (09-27-2021)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast