Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

PPK Alternatives?

So the Wife can shoot the Glock 43 quite proficiently but still thinks she would prefer something a bit more svelte. I was in Carters scrounging ammo and I stumbled on a new stainless PPK for $712, I’m thinking to do it, but its a bucket list item for me as I always wanted on since a kid, are there better choices still in .380?

There was a Beretta Bobcat there also but a hard no to a .22 or .25, sorry to be an ass with theoretical questions for y’all but I like this group better than any other forum for input, a foot both sides of the line is like hitting the lottery……

Don't most of the companies make modern singlestacks now? 9 mm and 380.
    I've drooled over a couple PPKs that lucky so and so's own. A blowback gun is going to take a lot of force to rack the slide and pull the trigger.

That Browning 1911-380 might be worth a look. I don't know anything about it other that it's 85% the size of a standard 1911.

4. The Following User Liked This Post By Swingerguy

Stew (10-04-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Swingerguy View Post
    That Browning 1911-380 might be worth a look. I don't know anything about it other that it's 85% the size of a standard 1911.
    it's also half the weight at 20 oz, I've handled the 22lr version, same dimensions and it was very nice, crisp trigger and short reset on the one I tried

Sig P230
    Calvin Martin, Q.C. 1933 - 2014

I would like to apologize to anyone i have not offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

7. The Following 3 Users Like This Post By Strangeday

Aniest (10-06-2021), firemachine69 (10-04-2021), Stew (10-04-2021)

I used to have a Turkish clone of the PPK in .380 that was awesome. Whole lot cheaper too.

Weird stripping it - the trigger guard was hinged and had to be dropped down to allow the slide to come off.

Quote Originally Posted by 2012Cvoguy View Post
    So the Wife can shoot the Glock 43 quite proficiently but still thinks she would prefer something a bit more svelte. I was in Carters scrounging ammo and I stumbled on a new stainless PPK for $712, I’m thinking to do it, but its a bucket list item for me as I always wanted on since a kid, are there better choices still in .380?

There was a Beretta Bobcat there also but a hard no to a .22 or .25, sorry to be an ass with theoretical questions for y’all but I like this group better than any other forum for input, a foot both sides of the line is like hitting the lottery……
    Sig p238 or Springfield 911 but not the colt mustang. I used to run BUG matches with my P238 and it was 100% reliable and easier to shoot than any other 380acp I've had. Highly recommend.

10. The Following User Liked This Post By CGO

Aniest (10-06-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidheal View Post
    I used to have a Turkish clone of the PPK in .380 that was awesome. Whole lot cheaper too.

Weird stripping it - the trigger guard was hinged and had to be dropped down to allow the slide to come off.
    That's how all the PPKs, clones, and Makarovs come apart AFAIK.

12. The Following User Liked This Post By CGO

Strangeday (10-08-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by 2012Cvoguy View Post

Browning 1911 .380 ACP
    Gun Control is about making it unlawful for you to use, carry, or possess a firearm.

All restrictions/prohibitions on the use, carriage, or possession of firearms must be repealed.

Middle ground?

What middle ground?

14. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By CLW .45

Aniest (10-06-2021), Stew (10-06-2021)

I have a Bersa Thunder 380. It looks like a ppk but I payed 400 + tax for it. very reliable too
    أنا أحب البنادق

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast